1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long do you wait before hitting the 'Buy' button...?

Jun 6, 2019

1. It basically depends on how much money I have at that moment lol.
      If I don't have money I will probably not buy it, but if I have I will definitely go for it.....
      I don't want to have any regrets!

2. I waited a long time for my first new doll (mostly because this hobby was too expensive and I had just purposely not gotten into...)but for my second doll which was secondhand I think it was like within a week maybe? I had something I needed to ask the seller and after my questions were answered, I got him. My third doll, I waited maybe 10 minutes. She was a secondhand doll and I was head over heels. My fourth is a floating head that I agonized over it for a long period like maybe 4 months or so. XD Then my friend went to see the doll in person at the secondhand store and helped me get him. Honestly I feel like secondhand dolls are much easier to decide than new dolls because new dolls sometimes the faceup just doesn't come like you expect but secondhand dolls, you know exactly what their faceup looks like.

#102 asatou, Dec 3, 2019
      Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    3. Depends on what my wallet says haha. But I usually wait a couple weeks to see if the doll is still in my head by then. If its an in stock doll, I'll throw it on layaway. I saw an Island Doll Amy Maid in stock and it took me a couple weeks to order, I was thinking if she wasn't there, then it wasn't meant to be. But lo and behold, a couple weeks later, I have money and she's there! I usually wait to see if it's "meant to be" I guess haha, and she, along with two other dolls, were meant to be.

4. Always been an impulse buyer, probably always will be. But that's with sculpts I already know I want and was just waiting for a sales opportunity. I think I've only ever bought one not-limited doll that I had time to ruminate on for a few days, but ended up not bonding at all.

5. I think I waited about 4 months before getting my second doll, and the only reason I got it so quickly was because I managed to grab her on sale

6. I prefer waiting longer as it happens to me all the time that I fall in love with something and think it's perfect but after some time I lose interest. I really wouldn't want to spend a lot of money on a doll only to feel guilty about the purchase later.

7. sometimes i think things through, and other times i will simply buy whatever my wallet permits.

it's always the heads i impulse... i have a floating head problem. at least i always have the insight to throw in little extras like elastic or eyes or wigs that i know i'll need eventually...

8. Being new still, I’m not sure. My first one I didn’t really hesitate, but that was after a LOT of research and staring at him to make sure xD Luckily, I absolutely adore him!
      My second one, however, I bought him quick and with lack of research (I felt seasoned, wrong) and now I have him and I’m kicking myself cause I’m definitely not a fan.
      Fingers crossed I’m smarter the third time haha

9. If I do already have the money, I usually buy it within 2 weeks. Otherwise I just wait until I have the money (a month or two usually) and if I still really want them, then I get them immediately.

10. I am VERY patient and have no problem waiting for the most perfect of perfect dolls to come along before hitting the buy button. No matter how much I know I love (and will continue to love) a doll I usually go years pining and waffling before actually buying :sweat

But this isn't limited to dolls with me, I actually have this problem (if you could call it a problem) in regards to basically everything from books to clothes to snacks.

11. Some dolls never leave my wish list

One doll I bought 30 minutes after seeing them for the first time ever

It varies

12. In general I will wait months if not years before buying a doll. Sometimes I wait too long and then miss out on a doll I really wanted. But honestly I think I become overwhelmed by large amounts of details on a doll. Despite what I think I like, I always end up with simpler, more versatile dolls and even then only after long periods of thought. And usually with wigs and an outfit already picked out.

13. I wait at least 3 months.^^ I am lucky that almost all of the sculpts I love aren't limited and the one who was stayed a long time on Mandarake because he was "damaged" according to the listing (he turned out mostly fine).

14. I usually wait for couple of months, do some research (like find some owner pictures and such), maybe buy some wigs or eyes or shoes for my hypothetical doll. If after all that I still want it, I'll buy it.

Impulse buys, though. I try to wait at least a week or so, since even the limited dolls won't disappear in that time. But for the very least I'll sleep over it, like any bug decision. After a good night sleep things are usually more... smart.

15. Oh that depense on how much I want the sculpt, how limited / how long the sale is going and how much money I have (will have).
      Normally I decide between 1 day to 1 month.
      I usually know when sculpts get released so I plan normally in advance.

16. I am definitely the type to wait it out when I see something I like. Usually it's a matter of funds (mainly me having to convince myself that I can spend it on a doll without guilt instead of something else). I tend to look at only sculpts that are always for sale so I can mull over if I truly want it or not. I feel lucky that I bought my grail doll as my first doll---so if I purchase a doll now, it would have been over 10 years since my last one, haha!

17. Like a lot of people have said, there are a lot of factors! Money of course, as well as how long the doll will be available. If it's a doll I've had my eye on for a long time and is only released at certain times and I've been keeping a separate "when doll is released again" savings for it and the time has finally come for its re-release... yeah I hit that button right away :lol:

Dolls that aren't limited I usually keep open in background tabs until I either decide they're a good fit, or decide I don't actually want them. If I keep looking for a doll for a character and keep coming back to the same one over and over, I eventually just bite the bullet and buy lol

18. 0.35 Seconds.

Honestly, I'm pretty impulsive and I typically try to have slush fund of sorts.
      So it's unusual if I want a doll and I don't buy it if it's reasonably priced. Everything else that I want (if it's new) I will usually wait until they have a promotion and I can get it for a discount.

19. Days! I can visit the site, put it into the cart but not press "buy" and then repeat the same thing for the next few days until the very last week/day (it's usually during an event with a deadline I buy dolls), and then I'll purchase the doll/head. It's a weird dance that I also do with other items that's not Doll related when I buy online. Does it make sense? Nope! Will I keep doing it? Most likely.

20. Depends on my stash of "for fun" money at the moment and how limited the doll is.

Usually at least a few months, waiting for an event usually if I am buying new, especially when it's a company that does really consistent events.