1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long do you wait before hitting the 'Buy' button...?

Jun 6, 2019

1. If the doll is limited, then I tend to wait until the very last day of the ordering period. If they're not, then I'll stare and wait for a month or so just to be sure they're the one I want. More often than not, I'm shelling a character I already have a basic idea of in my head. When I find a doll that matches very closely, I'll bookmark them and look for others over the next month. If I don't find any doll that is "better" than that one, I'll buy it. If I do, the process starts over again. The only doll I bought on impulse was overflow stock of a limited whose pre-order I didn't hear about until after it was over. He was a special for the anniversary of my favorite show. When I saw there was one in stock, I bought him instantly.

2. I usually wait several months to even a few years. If I wait a long time before buying a doll and still love the sculpt, I’ll feel good about making the purchase. If I buy something as an impulse purchase, I’ll start second-guessing myself and soon regret it. There have been quite a few dolls that I considered for several months, only to realize that it no longer appealed to me. Waiting a long time helps me to figure out if I truly want the doll, or if it’s just a passing fad.

3. I try a month and then some. Right now Bo Zeya and Cho Hily from gem of doll limited have been haunting me for about two.

4. If its not limited, prolly about a month to 2 months. If its limited, about 1 night to 5 days. If i dreamt of it, its a sign I really need to get it

5. Varies wildly. If I have the money and it's something I'm not sure will still be around if I wait, I'll sometimes buy immediately (especially with secondhand dolls). This has backfired a few too many times, though, so now I TRY to make sure I at least sleep on it. On the other hand, I don't like ordering directly from companies that have long turnaround times because I'm a deeply impatient person, so for unlimited dolls like that, I'll hold off indefinitely because I don't want to commit to that wait.

6. Probably quicker than I should. :sweat

7. About 2.5 seconds…

8. Usually a while until end of the promotional period. I give myself time to think about if espescially as the exchange rate is less than friendly. Also I try to have a strict criteria I want to keep too.

Last one I bought I set a calendar reminder for the doll 2 days before the sale ended.

9. Currently my method is when I am at my monetary lowest (right now it's saving up for a vacation in a few months) and I absolutely cannot afford a doll is when I shop around for my next character's sculpt. That gives me ample time (I'll be at over a year since I started looking before I get this next doll) to look around and get the feel of my character and let them choose a sculpt. And I'll go back and forth between shopping around and being content with the sculpt chosen, and then shopping around some more just to ensure that the character wants that sculpt for theirs. I avoid looking at limited sculpts because I just know I can't afford them before the time period runs out, unless I have all the money put aside for the doll and I'm doing a last check. In those cases I would wait until close to the end period before getting the limited sculpt, if I can afford it by then.

10. I tend to be an impulsive buyer which I'm trying to work on. I've been mulling over this next potential purchase for a week now. I guess we'll see if I end up talking myself out of it. :lol:

11. I wait for as long as I can. If I can't convince myself to forget about it, then I take it as a sign that I should go for it! Also, I plan the character ahead of time, if it works out or not helps me decide better. Usually at least a week of thinking about it.

12. There are dolls that I just know I have to have. I'll usually order those right away. For all the other dolls I'll wait as long as possible.

13. Months, if It is unlimited and brand new. I like to rethink a lot about the doll's possible character, main features or if it is worth the money at all. And comparing it to another alternatives.

Days, if it is either a limited edition model or a second hand offer that I saved and has not been sold yet. I normally only buy second-hand dolls I liked for a long time, so I have a clearer decision.

14. It definitely varies for me! If it’s not a limited sculpt, I’ll generally wait quite some time before ordering, usually a minimum of a few weeks. There’s dolls I’ve wanted for nearly a year now (I only joined the hobby in March of 2021) that I still haven’t ordered. For time limited sculpts, I’ll basically wait until the end of the order period before deciding. If it’s a fullset with a limited number available, I’ll think about it for a few days before deciding.

For secondhand purchases, I have been quite impulsive in the past if I find a sculpt I really love for a good price. Too impulsive, I admit. :XD: