1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How loyal are you to specific doll makers?

Nov 19, 2020

1. While i will say resinsoul is 100% my favourite doll company, i have dolls from all different companies! Its fun to have a lots of variety! At least for me:)

2. I don't have any company/maker loyalty and buy the pretty/handsome/cute dolls as I see them. :XD:

3. No loyalty, I just shop for a specific family look for my dolls and am rather picky so if there's the slightest thing im not fond of it's unlikely I'd get it

4. Fairyland and Harucasting are the two doll makers I’m very loyal to. The former because their sculpts are extremely aesthetically pleasing to me, and the latter because the sculpts are all unique, but also super cute. Plus Haru himself is amazing. <3

I have dolls from other companies, too, but those two are the ones I stay really on top of, and eagerly await the next release.

5. I used to be VERY preferential towards Doll Chateau / Dollzone. I don't think I ever felt any compulsion to stay "exclusive" (lol) but when I first joined the hobby I was convinced that DC/DZ were the be-all-and end-all of BJDs. Other companies would release something cool as a fluke, but DC/DZ made it part of their identity to be cool and edgy.

Now I have a ton of dolls, most of them are hybrids, and I've all but sworn off DC/DZ entirely. :sweat So I guess I couldn't stay loyal for very long. I think it was once they both started discontinuing everything, plus the extremely long wait times...

I like seeing all the tiny (and not-so-tiny) variations in how all kinds of different artists achieve the same goal. Different jointing systems, different resin finishes/colors, faceplates, magnetic hands... I just like being able to experience the differences. I don't think I could be exclusive to one company unless I only had 1 doll.

6. I bought my first doll from Blue Fairy in 2005, and I’ve stuck with them this whole time, pretty much. After a while, they had an artist branch off to their own site called Minoru World (bought from them!), but then Blue Fairy reabsorbed Minoru World. A different artist went off to create Daydream Dolls (bought them, too!). Lately, Blue Fairy has been advertising their “friend” companies, like Dear Belle(bought one!) and a new-comer called “Celestyn” (bought that too!).

So I would say I’m loyal to the entire Blue Fairy family!

7. I think I’m pretty loyal. Luts and volks dolls because they were the ones I was fond of growing up. There are a lot of other doll companies I like too but I don’t have plans on getting a lot of dolls because I don’t have the space

8. Since I'm still pretty new to everything, I'm sure this will change, but right now the only sculpts I've loved enough to buy have been from Luts and Maskcatdoll. There are tons of gorgeous sculpts out there, but I've only had my breath taken away by these two companies. Also, anytime I'm like :aeyepop: when I see owner pictures, it always ends up being Luts!

#28 Ruinscathedral, Nov 20, 2020
      Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    9. I am not persee loyal to a company, most dolls I have are hybrids because I dislike the body options the company gives. But if there is a company I follow religiously it's souldoll. I collect slim minis and souldolls never have "same face syndrome" and lots of them have an actual expression. If there is a souldoll head up for grabs, chances are I will buy it :XD:

I also own two minifee hybrids, but I could never own more because it's so obvious they are made by the same company and all look related(my dolls are sisters, so in that case it works). Not because I don't love fairyland, but I want my crew to have diverse faces because they are different fantasy races.

No hate to people who enjoy the same aesthetic for their crew,but it's just not my cup of tea

10. I have a fondness for a lot of the old RML head sculpts so have a range of those (multiples of some of them), but the rest of my (50+) BJD are spread through a variety of different companies.

My collection is heavy on Volks bodies, simply because there are very few immature girl bodies around in SD size, so many of my SD-sized child dolls are on the SD10 or Swarrico bodies (or the boy body with the "boy-bits" modded off). If alternative were available, I'd love to have more variety of height and build among the girls.

Teddy

11. I'm not sure if "loyalty" is the right word, but there are some companies I have a deep soft spot for. I have a fair number of Volks dolls in my collection, and I enjoy many of the clothes they produce. It helps that Volks has been in the business for a while, and have had more time to experiment and refine their aesthetics. I also adore Iplehouse for its range of PoC head molds and range of brown skin colors.

12. I didn't start out with loyalty in mind but I'm becoming quite the loyal customer to Fairyland lol 1:4 scale and smaller is my preference and I tend to be picky with arms :lol: I find I'm not a fan of bodies with arms too "noodle-y". I love the the curviness of minifee bodies!

As for YoSD and smaller, I love fairyland for their joints! That curved elbow and knee joint is lovely! That's what keeps me from buying lati yellow and others; the when their arm is bent is just looks so disconnected :sweat

So I guess in my opinion, Fairyland has the best arms? :XD: And therefore gets my money haha

13. I remember when I first started this hobby, I had a goal not to own more than one doll from each company I buy from.

That broke pretty much immediately when I ended up buying Volks 2 years in a row.

There's just something that gets me about their mission statement about your dolls being an extension and reflection of you, I can't help myself. There's a soulfulness when I think about how they're packaged and presented, even how hefty they are in my hands.

Other than that, I got my 2nd Iplehouse when I got knocked completely askew by how cute their BIDs were and ended up with my first tiny by mistake-ish... I also dearly miss Dream of Doll (nostalgia) and constantly crave more Little Rebel dolls.

14. I have owned dolls from so many companies over the years, but when I decided to purge and start my collection over Volks was the only doll brand I kept. While I stepped away from the hobby for a few years, I never stopped following their releases or entering their one off lotteries, so I guess I am pretty loyal to them.

15. I don't really have a ton of brand loyalty as far as sculpts go.

In my large crew, no company is a way larger proportion than the others. And the fact I hybrid a lot confuses matters lol.

But I am the opposite of loyal to Dollshe. I'm never ordering from Dollshe again. He is a great sculptor but a horrible manager/organizer! Wait times past a year, doesn't stick to what is said about when stuff will ship, no coherent order to when dolls will be done... it's a mess.

I am very loyal to Freedom Teller. I think they are some of the best tailors and the fabrics are very nice. I had the realization I have spent $1000 on Freedom Teller cumulatively.... so.... wow.... yeah... :aeyepop: I truly am very weak for a well-tailored suit.

16. I wouldn't really call it loyalty, but the majority of my dolls are from Dream Valley (One out of the two I own, and two out of the four I have on order currently). I don't consider my options limited to DV when I browse for dolls, but I just really love their sculpts and MSD bodies. The way they look just checks so many boxes for me now that other companies back in the day didn't even come close to. I also think that a lot of 2D doll sculpts are pretty as well. But it's not every day I can afford, or even want, another doll in the 70cm range- which is their main draw for me. With Dream Valley having a lot of pretty MSD sculpts, it's easier to justify adding another to my doll family, even if the cost does add up over time :sweat

17. Loyal i guess, i have 6 rosenlied, 11 aidolls and 10 volks yosd.I also have 2 xagadoll, 2 napidoll, 2 miadoll.

18. My husband and I only have Volks dolls (18) so far but we are open to other companies/doll types (Iplehouse, Luts, Bambicrony, Pullip, Smart Doll, etc). I think for us we stick to what we know because it fits our aesthetic, the company is consistent with their products that we've purchased (for the last 14 years or so), we've had excellent customer service interactions with them, the USA store is in the same state as us (so faster delivery times for products), and whenever they have a US event (like a Dolls Party) it is usually within the same state as us/driving distance.

That being said, before the pandemic we've attended in-person events (meet-ups, Anime Expo, Dolls Party, etc) where we interacted with other BJD owners and with their permission handled their dolls so it helped us figure out which dolls and doll companies we would potentially buy from in the future and which ones we would rather not. Honestly though, if money wasn't an issue as well as space to place all the dollies, I probably would have more than what you see in my doll family list. Haha.:dance:chomp::sweat

19. I wouldn't call it loyalty exactly, but when looking to shell a character I'm more likely to look at dolls from companies I've already brought from first. And so far Volks is the only company I've brought fullsets from, and probably the only company I'd buy $700+ dolls from because I trust their quality.

20. It is interesting to see how many people have very similar reasons to be loyal or not to a specific company. As some have said as well, I'm trying to buy from different companies just for variety, although I'm always paying attention to keep a similar aesthetic so all my dolls seem to be part of the same family. If I was not stubborn enough to want to own a different variety of moulds from different companies, I'd quite possibly buy Iplehouse only!