1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much do you think you've spent in total on your dolls?

May 1, 2021

1. Yes this includes hair, clothes & accessories.

As well as dolls. I want to know :drool

2. Over $5k, I know that much. But as for how much over......I'm afraid to count. :nosebleed

3. You have no regrets? :)

4. I'm currently at 5.2k usd. (I entered the hobby in fall of 2018.)
      this includes dolls, faceups/art supplies, PPE, eyes, wigs, clothes, and a few misc props. And does not include things i've sold.
      I keep an spreadsheet of the things i've gotten at what prices and original value of things and what i've sold at what prices. theoretically this would be useful in the event of a disaster like fire or flood where my renters insurance would kick in to compensate losses.

#4 bahboh, May 1, 2021
      Last edited: May 1, 2021
    5. If I count dolls I have bought, didnt bond and sold for cheap after buying clothes, props, faceup, wigs... I would say 10k

6. Oh lord so much monies.... Granted, I have been collecting for over 10 years at this point and dolls are usually my big ticket Treat Yo Self item.

$1182 at Freedom Teller for just nice clothes and nice shoes.

$1085 at Alice Collections for dolls and clothes

$2706.98 at Dollmore once I finish a layaway (and probably about $300 on top of that, for some reason the 1/4 Dollmore doll I used to have isn't in my order history). Mostly for dolls, but some clothes.

$750 at BJDivas. Plus $160 for a Dollshe order..... if I don't get too cranky and cancel because Mr. Dollshe is a disorganized easily distracted mess of a man. =_=

....and that is just the websites I return to multiple times, I'm sure the one-off purchases will add up to quite a bit... and the DOA marketplace.... Hoo boy I have given many members my money. And Etsy is a money pit but I am currently too lazy to pick through all my orders for all the doll specific stuff.

I should probably make a nice spreadsheet at some point....

7. That's actually very very good! An idea I shall inherit. I myself am sitting at 4.5K and I haven't even gotten my dolls yet :eusa_pray

Spread sheets seem to be a good thing at this point haha. I would have to go back via paypal and bank statements to make mine :celebrate

Woah! a real treat yourself :D

#7 AidenEsparza, May 1, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2021
    8. wow this is me haha! I haven't received my dolls yet either (3 on order), but kept track of every purchase and I'm sitting currently at 2.6k CAD... many more purchases to go for them to all be fully clothed, wigged, eyed, and faced up... Oh well, no regrets! :)

9. ooooh I'm happy I can share the same feeling with someone! I have a Envy from Dollnoize, a NIKKI from RINGDOLL, and i have 2 female custom twins made, 2 26cm dolls being made plus 5 mini dolls. :doh

10. I wouldn't be surprised if I spent over $20K - $25K on all my dolls, their clothing, shoes, wigs, eyes, etc. and I've only been in the hobby since 2018.

edit: I'll have to calculate that out lol.

11. I feel like the dawning realization of how much money I have spent on dolls should make me go like "hold up..." but my first thought was "well, I guess the cost of a Dollmore Trinity wouldn't be that extravagant" A Doll Enabler to the end lol

Hard part is how I want to spreadsheet stuff that was sort of for dolls like my 3D printer... I did not expect my sculpting to get good enough for doll stuff.

12. You've made me decide against the spreadsheet haha :roar

13. Wow that's a big family coming through! I used to collect SD-sized dolls as well before, but the size and cost was too much for me to handle! You need a strong wallet (and strong arms) to handle them :lol: Now I have 3 YoSDs on the way and I'm surprised at how much more affordable they are, including clothing them... there are so many affordable YoSD clothing options compared to SD-sized (which are often pricier than my own clothes). The average doll is around 360 USD for YoSD, and I remember paying 800+ USD for a single SD doll back in the day... so it's easier to keep track of my spendings, and make them fit in my budget this way ^^ So I guess that must be taken into account when thinking of how much you spend on the hobby! It's a lot pricier to be an SD collector, and that by far.

14. I'm back..and just the dolls alone (some are full sets, some are just a doll with make up). A total $15,684.

Maybe I should inventory all my clothing and accessories, but things will definitely get lost in the shuffle.

#14 middletails, May 1, 2021
      Last edited: May 1, 2021
    15. I've spent about 6K with one company alone, last month I spent over 500 dollars on Just wigs....that isn't counting more than half of my collection/dresses/items and my husband's dolls because I'm not 100 percent sure which items he bought and which ones I did.

16. I feel like the only correct answer to this question is "Too Much and Never Enough" lol. :XD:

I'm sure if I fully tallied everything I spent in this hobby I would be astonished, but at the same time, I've really loosened in what I consider "expensive" after holding these dolls and their various accessories and seeing all of the intricate work that goes into them. They really are pieces of art! (And as others have said, I might not spend X amount on a clothing item for myself but consider it a "good deal" for a doll.) :lol:

17. I think around $2600-3000? That's my best estimation. I could probably tally it up to an exact number if I dug through old emailed receipts and bank statements from many years ago, but I'm a bit lazy, lol! :XD: I only have 4 dolls (waiting on my 5th), and they're all MSD or smaller, so they and their clothes and stuff are a bit cheaper.

18. O yes! My 2 twins and male doll are in a little story i cooked up. The Nikki doll i love her clothes but i might actually sell her. the 2 little 26cm will be mono and six from little nightmares. and i have this whole doll of a doll thing going so yeah haha

19. That would be way too complicated to calculate... Ive been collecting bjds for almost 15 years, Ive bought and sold so many, so a lot of the money ive spent I've made back from selling them. I make most of my own clothes, wigs, props and Faceup, but i wouldn't add in any of my supplies because much of it gets used in not doll related art/crafts also. I think conservative estimate if I were to sell all the dolls I currently have right now I could get probably $8000

20. I can't even begin guessing. I've been in the hobby for 13 years and have owned hundreds of dolls over that span and tons of clothes and accessories. But I rotate my collection regularly, so buying more means selling stuff, so a lot of the money I've put in the hobby is just cycling around. Really though, I'd rather not think about it. I know how much I have in the dolls alone that I currently own and even that kind of makes me cringe, even though I love them.