1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How much was your first doll?

Oct 4, 2016

1. I'm genuinely curious about how much your first doll cost. Mine was $180, but I'm sure most of you went more expensive! I'm not gonna say the sculpt since they are not on topic :P

2. Resinsoul Li at $135.00. That included a factory faceup.

3. Around $375 after shipping, if I remember correctly.

4. Only $141 since he is a hybrid of a mirodoll body and Dall family h practice head :) he was cheap so I love him even more xD

5. My first doll, Resinsoul Yao, $160. I sold her a few years ago because I thought she was too difficult to work with. After finding a great job, paying off all my debts, and spending an entire year debt free, I got a very expensive grail doll.

I still want to re-purchase my Yao because I really miss her!

6. My first doll was $706. He was a Soul Doll Juhl with company faceup. I saved up for a little less than half a year and I knew he was the one by the time I had the funds for him. I have never regretted purchasing him either.

7. My first doll cost $800, but I had spent a very long time before then deciding on which one to buy. I didn't really like the idea of getting a "starter doll", so I wanted to have one who I was in love with on the first try; I was lucky and it worked. :aheartbea

#7 Charms, Oct 4, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    8. My first was $183 including shipping. I did have a budget, but at the time, I honestly don't think I could have spent more and found a doll I loved more!

9. I purchased my first doll at an anime con. I loved the dolls but had NO idea how to get one. I had only seen them carried around at the same con every year. A dealer at the con sold Resin Soul dolls, various wigs, eyes, clothes and shoes. My first doll was a 58 cm female Lian with a light faceup, purple eyes, a dress, wig, and shoes and a RS carrying bag. I paid a little over $450 USD. She was very loose and after a few years I rehomed her. That was in 2007 or 2008.

10. My first doll order, an Angell Studio Xi Shi, came to about $860 with shipping, but it was a fullset doll and a few extras (I wanted to make sure I had all I needed for my first doll), and shipping was quite expensive, so there's that. She was worth every penny though. <3

11. My first one was a Iplehouse Violet. with faceup and after shipping she cost around $450 or something like that

12. My first was an Elfdoll Rita/Mirodoll hybrid. I bought her head directly from Elfdoll; with shipping it was $125. Her body was also ordered directly from Mirodoll and cost $115 with shipping. So all told she initially cost me $240. Of course, buying the can of Purity Seal so I could do her faceup, her eyes/lashes, her Leeke wig, and a pair of shoes to go with the outfit I made her all raised that initial starting cost by a decent amount; with all that factored in, putting my very first bjd together was over $300. Still a nice middle of the road cost, as bjds go!
      (She's since become a bit more pricey just strictly resin-wise, now that I bought her Iplehouse NYID hands and Angell-Studio legs. But for the purposes of this thread, we'll stick to just what she initially cost me to put her together at the outset!)

13. Mine was a blank WS DC Isabel from Denver Doll. She was about $620 Aussie ($450ish USD) including postage.

14. My first doll was second hand DC Zora and came with a face up, a wig, and body blushing for a little less than 400$

15. Mine was the Mystic Kids Lillian in my profile pic. I bought her from JunkySpot, and I believe she was on sale for$179, but I got a faceup, so about $200. I love her to bits!

16. My Dika Doll Chi was technically my first doll, and with the company face up and 5 part torso body he totaled around $540. I actually bought a second doll at the same time, Doll Family's Damian, who cost about $410 for the full set. Both came from Alice's Collection and I also ordered a few strands of eyelashes in case my boys' came out. All together, everything totaled to just over $995. I bought my boys about 4 or 5 years ago now and still have both of them. I wouldn't dream about selling either one <3

17. Mine was a Dollshe re-released Husky and he was $525 blank, bought directly from Dollshe.

18. My first doll (still on his way) is a Ringdoll Norman light 2.0 and he came with a free head so I chose Illya and bought the mirodoll 66cm new boy body (will have to do a bit of modding)
      Anyway, with shipping and a few wigs and some eyes, my blank Norman and free illya head cost about $700
      And the mirodoll body plus shipping was $194, but the head being about $125, he's worth about $320

Since I'm getting them at the same time, they both count as first xD

19. I got a Cerisedolls Ellana (with faceup) for 625.76 € (920.85 CAD) plus customs was 117 CAD so roughly, 1,038 CAD (788 USD) in total. I feel the canadian dollar makes it look crazy expensive. :sweat

20. I bought my first BJD this summer secondhand from my best friend ^^ I paid 200 euro for her and two months after I bought my first one I bought my second one for 225 euro :whee: My first mentioned BJD was Angel Fantasy Alice and my second mentioned BJD was Another Space Mint.