1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How the heck do you pronounce Delf "Lishe"??

Jul 6, 2005

1. This may seem a really dumb question, but it's been bugging me for a little while and I thought I'd ask.

How is "Lishe" pronouced? :?

Is it "leesh"?

Is it "lee-shee"?

Is it "lee-shay"?

Is it just "lish"?

Someone help! *_*

2. i just call her leesh.

on several occasion , i called her with all the pronounciations. XD

3. Thanks for the link! :grin: But ARRRGGGHHH! Everyone has a different way of saying it!! I swear, sometimes I think they come up with these names to drive people nuts! :vein

*Stops ranting* Someone should just ask the company directly to see how they pronounce it, but even then we might not get a decisive answer.. *_*

4. I say "Lish-ee," but that's just personal preference, I have no rational reason for doing so ;)

Aislinn seems to like it that way, though!!

-- A :>

5. I think the most accurate should be the chinese way: Li Xi , as much as Soony is Shun Yi, and Soo is Shiu. But it's just my opinion, related to their corean names translated for foreigners... dunnow ^^U

6. Does it really matter?

7. No, but it would be cool to know. :daisy

To every owner, their doll is unique. I guess the different pronounciations are direct evidence of that. :grin:

8. Hehee, I'm finnish so I tend to pronounce everything as it's written. Unless I wanna be funny and intentionally pronounce something in very finnish way, like Yder -> Yyteri, El -> Eli, Bee-A -> Piia.

So, I call Lishe Lishe. Li like from the word "LIsten" and she like from the name Sebastian, but kinda like I was drunk ( add the H ) ^^

Sometimes it's a bit hard though, like with Eujquv x_x I guess I'd go with Eujukuv.

9. I pronounce it as "Leash"
      Hey, I'm Jamaican, I have a thick accent, forgive me. :lol:

10. I pronounce it 'LIsten-SHEbastian", too. Which makes things confusing when I meetup with people who prounounce it Lish.

11. "Lisheh", only with a short "eh"? LOl... I guess LI-SHebastian would be the same thing. I wonder what is the right way to pronounce Yder? *_*

12. I always just say "Lish"... my friend says "Leesh".... other friend says "Leeshee".... other friend says "Leesh-uh"...

Only one of them ever tried to correct me... to which i felt a little "Eh?" considering there is no "correct" answer as of yet that I know of. Until I hear from CP or Luts, I will continue to assume my pronunciation is as correct as any :)

13. I always think of it as lee-shee. But I also think of Soo sounding like soap, not like Sue. So what do I know? :wink:

14. I always thought it was Li-shay. I was surprised there were so many different ways of pronouncing it.

15. After a quick look at the Korean Luts site and a few minutes with google, it is pronounced something similar to 'ree-shee'. Riswi for a more accurate romanization. The 'wi' sound is one of those fun ones that doesn't really exist in English.

I found this to be rather helpful: http://blue.white.lv/blog/archives/000138.html

The page for Lishe on the Korean site is http://doll.luts.co.kr/FrontStore/dvProduct.phtml?pid=LUTS_136&iCategoryCode=6
      The name is found in the black box, moving rather annoyingly back and forth... It's the two characters in the quotation marks.

So... It's apparently a win for the 'Lee-she' folks. (And for the record, I've been pronouncing it wrong, heh, I've been saying the 'e' the Japanese way.)

16. That's very interesting, I don't actually know too much about Korean pronounciation, except my Japanese teacher, who has a Korean sister-in-law, says it's very easy for Koreans to pick up Japanese, on account of how similar the pronounciation is.

I will persist in calling Bella a "Lish", mainly because I have a good friend with that name, and it's fun to tease her that there's a doll named after her :oops:

17. I like to say "Lish" because it makes me think of the words luscious and delicious :D

18. i say leesh XD :oops:

19. Am I the only person who says it "lyshe," with a long "i" sound in the middle? Like the sound in "spice." XD