1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How to decipher scale when looking for Mini sized stuffs

Jan 17, 2009

1. :D

So I will be ordering me my first MSD sized lovelies soon! (Minifee Shushu and Ruth) and have been snooping around the internet trying to find them stuff like furniture, props, etc. Ive run into a problem with understanding scaling....

Some websites mention 1:4 scale 1/4 scale..... etc Does anyone have a breakdown of a sure-fire way to see if items will fit correctly?

*_**sigh* I'm just frustrated with it

2. 1/4 scale means SD (im pretty sure anyways) i think 1/3 is msd.

but as far as i know, when it comes to furniture, it will still work for msd sized dolls

EDIT: wait i made a mistake. its the other way around: 1/4 is msd =]

when i go to doll-zone and click on 1/3 it brings up the SD (and bigger) dolls and when i click on 1/4 it brings up the msd

3. Erm, yeah.

1/4 is MSD. 1/3 is SD.

Be careful when shopping for MSD items. There are slim MSDs (Doll-Zone, Unoa, Fairyland) and there are immature MSDs (Volks, Dollmore, Luts). Not all clothes will fit on all dolls.

4. Most MSD or 1/4 clothes unless stated are meant for MSDs close to chubby bodies like Volks. Since you'll have a Minifee, you need to go along DollZone and Unoa clothes cause trust me regular MSD clothes are outright huge on my Shoyo and Megi. Unoa clothes are a little shorter, but they fit very nice.

5. Are you getting one with smaller breasts or bigger breasts? The one with smaller breasts would probably fit Narae clothes while you'd have to be careful not to get anything tight for the bigger breast body. Things like t-shirts for instans will be fine though. I'm not sure about shoos. You'll have to check the measurements on the Fairyland.

I don't have a MNF myself yet though. Most of the slim minis are pretty close in size though.

Dustbunnie

6. Are you looking for furniture and props on non-BJD websites? 1/4 is the scale of minis if they were adults (or had child size furniture built for them), and 1/3 is the scale of 60cm dolls, or of minis if they are meant to be children.

So basically if you want to buy a chair that looks in scale to a mini you can buy 1/4 scale, or if you want one that looks like a grownup's chair with a little kid sitting in it (and which could double as a chair for any 60cm dolls you may own) go with 1/3.

Clothing, shoes, and anything like that obviously you'll want 1/4 scale and you'll want to check to be sure it will fit the type of doll you have, as sizing varies from brand to brand.

I hope that made sense? XD;;

7. I just made an order from Dollmore for my AoD and DZ. What I did was look up the stats on Dolllmore of the model and compared them to the stats on AoD and DZ for the dolls I had. They were pretty close, the pants are a wee short but not bad and frankly not noticeable when he's wearing high top sneakers.

Since you're buying girls, I would suggest checking the bust measurements and shoulder measurements the closest. short sleeves or skirt length can be fixed with a quick piece of lace but too tight in the boobs is seams ripping!:o

8. Yea, keep looking for 1/4 scale furniture ^^ You might find LOTSA cute sofa ,armchair, bed on Ebay if u search under "American Girl doll" or "18 inches doll". And the scale is perfect for the doll too.

And I agree with Toshirodragon >.< Mnfs are considered slim msd, so you should be aware of their measurements in order to buy clothes that are perfect-fit for them >__<