1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I can never own enough...

Apr 23, 2024

1. I can never own enough of a few things and am always hunting for them:

GOOD doll jewelry. Nothing beats in scale chains, charms and sparkles that add to my fancy boys. I can't get enough of it. I can use human stuff sometimes, but when it's specifically made for dolls it just feels right. My favorite jewelry maker is Gentlybeaded and I swear I give her half my life savings. I adore her work more than anything.

Lacy, antique clothing for boys! I can't be stopped. I won't be stopped. Do I have too many boxes of this stuff? Yes. Will I downsize? Over my dead body :XD:

Peakswoods boys, elves elves and some more elves, minifees, nice clothing, Switch wigs! So many things. I really need stands and shoes, but let's be honest with ourselves here... I'm probably not going to buy shoes. My dolls have bare feet unless they NEED it for an outfit to come together, and I'm just fine with that.

I do need stands... so many stands. Big Idealian stands and SD17, but they're so hard to find for a reasonable price and pricey to ship. I wonder if it'll ever happen.

2. SHOES
      I cannot wear high heels or sandals, not to mention many other types of trianers, boots, etc. I have a club foot and the size difference is 4 sizes (paired with the limb shorter by more than an inch- which means an extra insole). So I am limited down to biker boots and some models of Vans.

That said,I'm grateful I can walk (I am into daily long-distance walking). But I am into aesthetics and while I can make the clothes on my own, I could never make the shoes I can possibly buy.

And so I have a big box with dozens of pairs inside <3 I usually go for the expensive SD16 girl heels off etsy, some nice oxfords for my boys and some of the newly more popular ugly sneaker types. Winter heels, summer heeled sandals... loafers... I WANT THEM ALL <3

I am aware of that if I could wear some of such shoes, I'd never invest as much into the dolly shoes. But frankly, I know that even women with healthy feet prefer trainers or sneakers to heels 24/7 because of the comfort. So I'm realistic that even if I were buying real 'human' shoes... they'd be in the closet waiting for the rare occassions. So I'd rather have a collection that can fit one/two shoe boxes than 20 or more lol :D Same aesthetic effect, much less space needed :)

3. Wigs. I love them and I love collecting them and I love thinking about them :XD:

4. Eyes, wigs and beautiful hand-dyed yarns... and I'm only a beginner knitter (never ever knitted for humans).

5. @CutieKitty - there is a reason nearly all my dolls wear revealing clothes and high high high heel shoes. My dolls wear things I will not or cannot wear.
      To everyone - Dollmore is having a nice wig sale until May 31, 2024, and you can stack the 15 percent off coupon for members (to become a member, sign up for an account. It's free).
      @ElectricMauve - I am both a beginner knitter and sewist. Hasn't stopped me from buying all the fabric. :lol:

6. I just thought of something else (in addition to their wardrobes) that I can’t get enough of: these amazing hats by the very talented hat maker FancifulDelightsCo on Etsy. I swear I’m addicted! Each one is a spectacular little work of art in and of itself, and is so beautifully and artistically wrought. I just can’t help myself. In fact, this past year I bought and retrofitted a special cabinet just to display them, making them easier for me to see and enjoy. I just purchased another one yesterday…and that makes it 32 (and I only have 7 SD girls to wear them!) I guess you could call this a collection within a collection.:lol:

[​IMG]