1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

I made a database of all my dolls, past and present! (You can too!)

Oct 16, 2020

1. You can export data! Everything is in JSON file, but you can download stash data separately as an excel file, and your pattern library info as an excel file. From there, it’s a lot of editing and tweaking, but it might be better than inputting everything by hand.

2. @Peppermintsheep Iiiiiinteresting... I may look into this as my next big project (I have been tackling a lot of long-awaited things I never have time for since one can't really go anywhere right now). Currently, my project is restringing all of my BJDs, which I have never done before, despite being in this hobby since 2006. My first attempt didn't go quite as planned, but I am hoping to try again soon--it would be a great accomplishment to get all of my oldest dolls restrung and standing/posing properly (they are so floppy)!

3. Wow airtable looks great thanks for sharing @lishelove ! I previously used Smartsheet at work and was very disappointed when we stopped..... this seems similar I shall start now

4. @ajmailey You are very welcome! I hope it works for your needs!

5. I did something similar using carrd :-) I'm more familiar with it. But same idea! Love seeing that other people like to have a database of their dolls like I do.

6. @taichas Yes, it is nice to know that other people like to be this organized! :D It sounds like carrd might be a bit like Trello?

7. Maybe a bit! I've never used Trello, so I'm not sure. I use carrd for my social media usually.

By the way, mine is here:
      river's bjds!!!
      (a lot of them have a filler image because I haven't had time to get good pictures of them :()

8. @taichas This is absolutely not like Trello! Your carrd site is so cute! Gosh this makes me want to do this for my dolls, what a fun way to be able to show each of them and link it in my signature here! Thank you for the idea!! It's almost like a blog, but even MORE simple so perfect for showing collections like this! YAY a new project!!

9. It's so fun!!! I'm glad you like mine haha :'-) I hope you have fun making yours!! I know there's a limit for the number of elements you can use in one carrd without paying for premium though.

10. @taichas This is amazing and so fun!! I am already like 50% done with my doll site hahahahaha.

11. You should share it here when you're done!!! :aheartbea

12. @taichas I probably will!! I am done with the main page, just need to make the individual doll pages! This is seriously so fun and this site is simply amazing and so well designed and easy to use! I am so impressed--thank you for pointing me toward it!

13. This is So needed!
      I should start one since my collection is growing and almost everyone is a hybrid.

14. @moonbabe Yes, now is the time to do it before 14 years has passed and you don't remember stuff anymore! XD And with your collection being mostly hybrids, this could be super useful for you to keep track of all that.

15. That's such a good idea, thanks for sharing! I used Evernote before but I'm not that fond of it, so I'm going to give Airtable a try!

16. @goldiewing You are very welcome! I hope you give it a try. I have also used Evernote for this purpose in the past, but my needs outweighed the abilities of Evernote for it.

17. So I saw this thread last month, and finally over the holiday week got around to using AirTable. I have to say that as an analyst, this was so fun. Almost a marriage of work and hobbies. I don't generally build data models, but this was an interesting exercise in trying to organize my collection and what features to add. Here is how it is today. I'm sure I will need to include more things in the future, but at least I'm only a little bit over a year in the hobby, so I have most everything. It's always amazing how much data I generate.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

My Inventory table is going to only get bigger...

Thanks for turning me onto this resource!

18. OMG! Such a good idea to start organizing my dolls now since I’m new to the hobby. Thanks for sharing!

19. @VeraLyne Oh wow, I love what you have done with yours and how you have customized it for how you want to track things--it's great!! I think we might have similar jobs (I am a Technical Process Analyst), so I can relate to how it feels like a marriage of work and hobby! Along with using Airtable to track my insane workload at my job in several ways, I use Airtable on a personal note for my dolls, my recipes, and my nail polish collections! I also am working on one for my gemstone collection. Thank you so much for sharing, it warms my heart that someone else finds this as useful as I do!

@PakoTisk394 Yes, when you are new is an ideal time because you won't be like me trying to piece some things together after 14 years! :D And it's super customizable and move-around-able so if you start it one way but find you want to organize things another way at some point, you can do that!

20. This looks really awesome. Right now we keep a document with all of our dolls and their stats listed on the computer, but then also have the stats printed out and put into binders with sheets for character info. But this looks very user friendly as far as comparing info on dolls and organizing them by company or size. I will definitely have to give it a closer look and see how difficult it would be to convert everything over.