1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideal room temperature for dolls?

Nov 11, 2007

1. I'm bringing this thread back up from the depths of the forum!
      I am going away to Hawaii in a week for college and I'm a little concerned about the heat/humidity. Unfortunately my dorm will not be air conditioned and for protection, my doll will be in her bag most of the time. Should I be worried about faceup damage? I know there is a possibility of yellowing. Hawaii's temps range from 85 in the daytime and 75 during the night. Can anyone from an area similiar to this tell me how it affects the dollies?
      Thanks!

2. Can anybody help?

3. My house has no AC on right now, while I'm at one of my aunts' house, my dolls are still there.
      Should I go get them and take them somewhere cooler as soon as possible?

4. I know they're resin but I also know that cold can make certain types of resin weak. So my question is: Can Cold Weather have a bad effect on your dolls? The Winters coming up Im worried that since I dont have central heating the coming cold will turn them brittle.

5. It would have to get REALLY cold inside of your apartment to make the resin brittle. I would bet at least below -30 Celsius, if not -50. People have stuck their doll heads and parts into freezers for hours to get superglue out without any detrimental effect on the doll, so temperatures above -10 C are definitely a-okay.

I actually store my dolls near a small crack in the wall that I have. The boxes cover the crack and remain semi-refrigerated, which slightly slows down the yellowing that occurs because of higher temperature. :) (Although I live in an area where it rarely goes below -5, mostly hovering around zero)

6. Nah, a little cold won't hurt them. In this hobby, cold seems to become a concern when it comes to people using sealants for faceups, since the sprays can be a bit temperamental. But like Lelite said, it would have to get really cold for the resin to become brittle, likely a low enough temperature that we couldn't really live in.

Your doll(s) will be just fine.

7. Ah okay. I dont think it gets that cold here, I live in Nevada, so it doesnt even snow where i live. But i worry. Thank you very much

8. Does anyone have a room with their doll in it and also a fish tank?

Has the humidity (from fishtank not outside environment) caused any damage to your faceups, doll clothes etc....

(I am thinking of moving my tank 35 gallon into my doll room 12 x12. Door closed all the time. I live in New England)

Thanks! :chocoberry

9. I had no experience with dolls and fish tank, I had worse. XD
      Last winter I moved in an apartment on the last floor of the very old house. When the snow on the house`s roof started melting, all the water flowed into my room through the ceiling, there were puddles on the floor and all the walls in the room were wet until summer. I fixed the roof and ceiling, but that enormous humidity from wet walls was there for many months. But nothing happened to dolls, or their face-ups. :) I think that a fish tank will not do any harm to your dolls. :)

10. wow amazing!! you are lucky. Well the room the tank is in right now doesn't have any issues with humidity, the room is a bit larger. Does sound promising comparing to your crazy situation that happened!

11. It might be too humid in the room to spray MSC, but I don't think humidity will hurt the dolls as long as they and their clothes aren't actually damp to touch. I live in an old house with leaky windows in a high humidity climate most of the year and my dolls are fine.

12. :) wonderful to hear that!! thanks for your thoughts

13. Our house is an icebox and Ember seems perfectly happy. I wouldn't worry! I've just heard don't leave them in direct sun for long periods of time.