1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

iMda 1.7 discussion thread

Feb 13, 2015

1. I made the same Hanon dress for my Louie girl but with a different twist I added the apron and the sarrouel pants

[​IMG]iMda Louie Hanon Doll Sewing Book my Version by Melissa, on Flickr

2. I always prefer to contact Soom through the Q&A board. Include the paypal transaction ID and order number if you can find it.

You usually get an automatic email when you place the order and another email when they verify the payment.

3. Aw your version is really cute! I usually shy away from large prints but the one you chose looks great! I love the little apron. Did you use elastic in the sleeve casings or did you you gather it and tie off per the instructions. I think the next time I make this dress, I will be using elastic, at least for the Imda. Her little fingers get caught in the tiny pleats and get hung up on the cord used for gathering. I did put socks over her hands to ease her hands in a bit, but they still had trouble getting through smoothly.

4. Thank you so much, I love the way the apron turned out too, I was worried using that stiff nylon type of fabric. No I did not use elastic, I gathered it too. Those adorable hands are always catching on everything! Drives me crazy. I tried iMda's method of taking the hands off and letting the s-hook rest is the wrist area, which works well if you can get the s-hook off of the hand. I had a really hard time with some of my 1.7's but other ones the s-hook came right off and I rested it in the wrist slipped on the blouse or dress and then pulled the s-hook up with little pliers put the hand back on and it was done :)
      When you make the next dress I'd love to see it and what changes you make ^--^

5. Thanks folks - I shall try and contact them. I've been away and off line!

6. Does 20170812402341MC look like an order number?!

7. That is an order number! If you remember a password you entered on the order, you can check it on their order status page. Just scroll down past the sign in box.

8. Reply from Lee - order is all in order (!). They sent a confirmation but I have no trace of it, despite checking all mail boxes. Anyway, huge relief, and I'm glad I paid through PayPal and have the additional record of all the order details that way. Thanks for your help, Nancy - I was really struggling to navigate the Soom site.

9. Wonderful! I have found that it is best to sign up with a site before I place an order! I like using Q&A boards to communicate since emails sometimes don't make it over the ocean!

10. Sure thing! I have some other books too, so I will make sure to post which pattern is from which book. If I manage to work up some courage I may try removing the hands and allowing the s-hook to rest in the wrist area as you suggested. In the meantime, I will see if there is another way to get around those little fingers safely by making adjustments to the sleeves. Lol.
      I am so happy that your order is confirmed. How exciting!
      Nancy that is a great tip, I will remember that if I need to contact Soom.

11. Very good tip! I did try, and had even made a note of username and password, but then couldn't get back in. Never mind, it was an impressively swift response from Lee at Soom, and now I can relax and get on with sewing and making. Perhaps not too extensive a wardrobe until I discover who she wants to be, though! I have struggled with dolls who insist on t-shirts and jeans when I want to sew fantasy frocks...

12. Here is a pic of Lucy in her new wig that I made for her. It is my second attempt at making a wig cap and glueing on the fiber and I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. The part line is the biggest challenge. The little jumper she is wearing is still a work in progress...I will post a pic once it's completed ;)
      [​IMG]Lucy by gladys, on Flickr

13. Lovely! Do you find gluing more successful than sewing the weft?

14. hello here! i'll be soon a happy owner of a lucy, my husband ordered her as gift for our wedding anniversary ... And i want to know what type of shoes can she wear please ?

15. Thank you, fjm123. I have never made a wig using a weft, so I can't compare. The gluing went pretty good until the part line. That is were I always "get stuck". I made one with alpaca for my Unoa Lusis, and I will be cutting the alpaca off and trying again. I made the head cap too thick and stiff. I also used liquid latex for Lucy's wig cap instead of Mod Podge, which I feel was a better choice. I just need to get a clear liquid latex to use with the white alpaca. The one I have is flesh colored. It didn't matter for the ginger mohair, but it looks obvious on the white alpaca.
      Hi Elly. Congrats on your incoming Lucy! I had some shoes that fit her foot that I had on hand for Middie Blythe, and I ordered some handmade shoes off of Etsy for her. If you live here in the US, I found that the ballerina flats, and maryjanes of Our Generation Mini and Lori fit nicely with socks. Both dolls are available at Target for 9.99. The boots are too wide in the calf, but may look ok with leggings tucked in or chunky socks. The tights from the dolls also fit pretty good on imda 1.7.

16. When do you guys think they'll release another 1.7 figure?
      Currently, they're holding orders for 2.6 but the two that are out don't really look that great imo.. Their heads appear huge

17. Mary was listed in October 2016, Lucy in January 2017, and Anne in August, so the timings are very variable but seem to be a maximum of 7 months or so. I am now waiting for an Imda Timp as a little brother for Anne...

18. I like the proportions of the 1.7 the best! Soom does pay attention to customer wishes, so it is good to ask on their Q&A board. If they get enough inquiries about the 1.7 they move one up the line.

19. Thanks for the info, I miss Anna by ~1 month, if only I got into BJDs then instead of just this week.......... :doh I will ask on their Q&A when I get the chance!!

They just updated with Babette heads:

[​IMG]

It looks adorable!!! And now I kind of want their 2.6 Babette doll... but in the promo pictures, the head just looks huge but maybe it's how the head's tilted? I don't know *_*

20. I think the 2.2 and 2.6 heads are larger in proportion to the body than the 1.7, and the legs appear to be shorter. The faces are darling, though, and it took a lot of willpower to hold out for Anne. But I had seen photos of Anne and Jane, and had that stab of recognition ("That one!"), which I didn't quite get with the other dolls.