1. Become a DoA Archivist!
    Volunteers Needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Mod team regrets to inform the community that Mirodoll is now banned from Den of Angels. Please view the following thread:
    Mirodoll Banned from DoA
    Dismiss Notice

Immortality of Soul (Part VII)

Feb 27, 2018

1. I totally agree with IOS boys being like potato chips xD .... I started out with one.. and the next thing i know... they're now the majority in my crew ._." Although i have recently stopped ordering from IOS because im not a big fan of their new 70s body .... Its more of a 65cm than 70 tbh >n<

-------- Added notes --------

Discussion thread for all IoS large dolls!

Previous discussion threads:
      * Part III
      * Part IV
      * Part V
      * Part VI

DoA Wiki: Immortality of Soul
      DoA databases: All dolls, Cats (All), S

* Resin Matching
      * 80cm with other companies (comparison thread)
      * IOS website

#1 xTempest, Feb 27, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2018
    2. I'm pretty sure I would probably have more boys if the artist hadn't slowly over the years started sculpting a more realistic look. I really liked IOS for their soft anime styled facial lines.

With that said, I'm still pondering if I need Grazia and Infernale, though I'm not sure where they would live. Perhaps they could share a body with someone. :sweat

3. Oh I am so in love with IOS boys.. my first was an Osiris but now I am waiting for Sezz.. the obsession has begun for me. I hope to make all the cute guys from my favorite game, Hakuoki. I originally intended for Osiris to be my Saito but his grin and personality is more of an Okita. Now Sezz is going to be Saito. Ive started and cant stop >< haha

4. @Daiyanissa I'm a big Hakuoki fan too, congrats on your incoming Sezz! That's a character group that's a lot of fun to create.

5. @MacaronTea
      Thanks!! Who would you make Osiris into out of that group?

6. Looks like I'm getting a bonus this year so I think I'm finally getting an IOS boy! They're all gorgeous but I think I'm going to (at least start with) Chaos. Can't wait!

7. Hi! About two years my Masamune (Lacrimosa) was cospayed Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII. And now its time to return my original character and put this outfit in box.
      Before this I want to show this cosplay to you (again) :)

[​IMG]Sephiroth wing by Drakoshka, on Flickr

8. Wow, he looks so good, great cosplay!!!

9. This year I will get a body for my Osiris head, but I won't dress him as Sebby from Black Butler, he will be more casual dressed, but I do have those demon eyes for him, now to just get him a black wig.......ugh. I am so behind completing him.

10. @Daiyanissa Thats such a tough choice!

@Drakoshka He looks so handsome! His costume is truly amazing.

@derilan85 I too am trying to keep my Sebby in casual clothes and find it difficult somehow. He is currently dressed casual in all black except for his black and white scarf. A compromise I guess you could say. :sweat

11. Yea when I look at his head, he gives me the side eye for not getting him a body already.

12. ohhh new thread already XD

@Scoops That sounds great!

@Drakoshka He's gorgeous! Great cosplay:love

I love Lacrimosa but he is too big for me :lol:

13. @SteamWitch @MacaronTea Thanks! It took me about two years to do this costume. It was my first experience at sewing and 3d printing.

Thanks! I thought Lacrimosa will be too big for me too, but now I prefer big boys (about 75cm). They are amazing!

14. @Drakoshka I felt like that too about big boys until one came home. Now my dolls all seem to be having a growth spurt as taller dolls are coming into the family. :sweat

15. After I have my "G", I always tell myself that no more big boys because they're heavy, but then I end up ordering one more 60 cm. boy xD He's not IOS though

16. Since this is a new thread I have to bless it with my Enzo lol :whee:

[​IMG]

He's ( K ) with the company face-up

17. @taykung I usually collect 60's, but then a 70 came into my life and I am really enjoying him. So now I'm pondering if I could handle the 80 because I've seen this body in person and it is just gorgeous.

@Ranno Oooh, he is quiet handsome. <3

18. Oh! He is handsome! He looks much better than the company pictures!

19. Hi there! New to this thread and feeling very tempted by all of these beautiful boys, even though I usually prefer MSD size...

Does anyone have a Class 60 I? He is seriously cute.

20. Would anyone have recommendations for protective accessories that would fit an IOS 1/3 doll (specifically Levi)? I'm new to the hobby, and I want to buy high-quality protection so I can keep him looking nice for a long time. I did a preliminary search but I'm having trouble finding stuff in the correct size, and I'd really appreciate your guidance.

I'm looking for:

-a full body stocking (or a shirt/pants stocking combo) to avoid staining from dark clothes
      -a head cap or something else so I can avoid sticker residue while getting his hair on
      -a hair brush

If you use or know of any good sites selling these things for an IOS 1/3 scale doll, please direct me the right way!

Tags: