1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPL dolls Star, Model & Idol Discussion 16

Sep 2, 2022

1. New Impldoll Star body images on the drop (doll nudity in link): here. I'm terribly excited, this would work perfectly for a character doll I have in mind!

2. I am both excited and looking at my wallet like *_* But it would also be perfect (pending some measurements) for my character too!

3. Oh noooooo. I'm going to have to get one. My empress is getting something fancy!!

But do I sell her old body or keep it and grab another head? Ah, decisions...

Also I still want a new male body.:sorry

4. It looks like there might be a new head released with the body (or I just don't recognize the one in the pictures without a faceup), so maybe if they do something like they did with the 62 cm and 45 cm girls releases, there will be a promo for the head and you could swap them ;)

5. Impldoll always seems to release a new head with their new bodies, if the past few releases (63 cm star model body, 1/4 plump body, 62 cm 1/3 body) are predictors.
      And if you order right when they release the new body, they tend to throw in a head as a gift. Which has lead me to the wonderful problem of - OK. Now I have this lovely body that I planned for this other head, but this new head is so pretty... :atremblin
      Let me be honest with myself - I am totally getting this body. But I'm not willing to let go of my MGB body unless they redo it with neck and shoulder joints. I really like those. My biggest complaint re the MGB body is the knee peanut joints.

6. I think the muscle body would work perfectly for my Ran Mao doll concept, the question is also what the new head looks like

7. Update per Impldoll on Instagram:
      They will be making heel legs for the new body. These heel legs will NOT be compatible with the other two new bodies.
      The bust pictured is the large bust.

8. So 62cm 1/3 Basic Female and 63cm Star Model can share heel legs, but the upcoming 63cm STAR MUSCULAR FEMALE will have a new set created and not compatible. Is that what you are conveying?

Apologies if I'm being pedantic, I prefer explicit information over the ambiguity of relative descriptors. Like when someone tells me, I'll see you "next Friday". I always restate the date as confirmation.

9. I bet the muscle body heel legs will be a lot more muscular.

10. Oh, no apologies needed, and allow me to clarify further:
      NONE of the heel legs are compatible with each other. :x
      I have a growing, massive collection of heel legs. It's very annoying.
      I have asked Impldoll every time they release a new body. None of the heel legs for any of the bodies are compatible with the other bodies. In other words: if you buy all three new bodies, and you want heel legs for each body - you're going to have six legs.

11. Do they have heel feet or just the legs? Feet seem manageable to change out but whole leg pieces seems annoying :/

12. They offer heel feet too - those come standard with the body. Heel legs are optional and only if you want that smooth, no joint look.
      I am a bit obsessive when it comes to optional parts, though. It's like Pokemon for me - gotta collect them all.
      I just don't understand why the heel legs wouldn't be compatible among the different bodies.

Maybe I could understand if the muscle body's heel legs were more muscular like @Mahgiep suggested - but I don't understand WHY the 63 cm and the 62 cm bodies' heel legs are not compatible. That seems - short sighted.

13. Hmm i wonder if it's because the basic girl is a bit shorter? so maybe her dimensions don't quite match up with the joints. But it does seem strange since 62-63 isn't really a big difference.

14. I think this would be the case, but still annoying smh

15. :aeyepop: YESSSSS I think I'm going to end up owning several of these!!

I'm just praying the older heads work!

16. Aah yes! A new male body teaser! I'm so excited. :D

17. That was a fast turn around time after the butt poll :lol:

18. Right? OMG That body reveal though! I need it! :XD:

19. Same it looks like the perfect fit for a head of mine