1. Become a DoA Archivist!
    Volunteers Needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Mod team regrets to inform the community that Mirodoll is now banned from Den of Angels. Please view the following thread:
    Mirodoll Banned from DoA
    Dismiss Notice

DoA Event Information on identifying recasts

Nov 20, 2016

1. Hello everyone!

As today is Pro-BJD Artists Day, we are wheeling out a little project the mod team has been working on! :)

We knew there were some threads about how to identify recasts, and how to look out for them, but there has never been one central location to go, to see a lot of information at once.

So, we have compiled information on recasts - how to spot them, how to avoid them, and more!

We also have statements from large companies and small artists alike, as to how recasting negatively affects them personally.

So, please check out the new Wiki page linked below! Happy Pro-BJD Artists Day to everyone!

Information about recast BJDs - DoA BJD Wiki | Den of Angels

2. Hip, hip, hooray! Thank you SO much for doing this, Mods -- it will be a huge help to all of us, having a single place to redirect the questions that get posted in various forums.

3. Thank you very much for this quick, but thorough education.

4. I love your Wiki! I use it a lot. :)

5. Thank You for Providing us this link. this will help us a lot

6. I needed this! THANKYOU!

7. Thankyou so very much for this info! It has saved me from buying a recast off a website I buy from!

8. thank you !

9. Yess tysm for doing this! I' ve always had a fear of buying recasts, so that really helps me to identify them!!

10. Thank you for providing this link! There are more and more sellers popping-up on eBay that shamelessly offer recast dolls. This link will be very useful to help identify these recasts.

Jutta

11. For those of you spamming for marketplace access:
      Please be aware that many (thousands) of members subscribe to important threads such as this one.

First, every time one of you posts your pointless "thanks," every one of us gets an update notification, only to look and find no new information, just a spamming squee post. You just inconvenienced 10,000 members, including me. Which is why I'm here now.

Second, all those pointless posts bloat the thread and make it necessary to go through pages of this stuff in order to find any nuggets of actual information. Thanks a lot. Imagine if all 20,000-odd members posted their thanks for every informational thread? Yikes!

Third, it is NOT necessary to make a spam post in order to subscribe to a thread. On the top of every thread, on the right side opposite the title of the thread are the words "Watch Thread." Click on it and select your option.

#11 kcurry9, Jun 5, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    12. Found a lot of useful information. Thank you so much!