1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Into the Deep Doll

May 9, 2021

1. INTO THE DEEP DOLL

Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses.

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      * Would you order from this company again?

PLEASE STICK TO THE FACTS!

2. INTO THE DEEP DOLL
      Irish doll company based in the irish midlands by IntoTheDeepDoll

* What did you order? Robourt the Wren (painted)
      * When did you order? August 30, 2020
      * How was the communication? Communication has been spotty. The Etsy listing said my order would be shipped in 6-8 weeks. I waited much longer before contacting the seller. First time I reached out to them I got no response. Then I contacted through FB and got a quick reply. They said they were behind and the painted dolls were taking longer. They said they would send me a tracking number shortly. I waited again and at the start of April 2021 I contacted them through the Etsy resolution center, saying I wanted my item. They said they would have my tracking number "next week". They said this multiple times (different weeks) until they stopped responding to my messages in mid-April. The last message I received was April 11 and I sent 3 follow-ups after that asking if they were okay and what the status of my order is. I've recently heard from others that do not have their doll or were given bogus tracking numbers. I can't tell if this is a scam or they're just terrible at doing business. I really want the doll but am getting to the end of my patience if they aren't ever going to follow through. :(
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy - Etsy
      * How long did it take to ship? It has not shipped :(
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? Entire doll is missing lol
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? The problem is they won't ship my order and have stopped communicating with me. :( So, they are not handling this well. At first they kept putting me off saying it would be shipping next week. But it hasn't been, week after week.
      * Would you order from this company again? Probably not. I understand long wait-times are common in this hobby but this artist cannot manage client expectations and either gives clients false information about when their item will ship or does not keep client updated at all.

Edit: UPDATE: I gave up and opened a complaint with Etsy. It had been so long I could not recover my money through PayPal or open a dispute formally but I could "report" the store or a listing so on the advice of live Etsy customer service I reported the listing and the customer service person offered me an Etsy credit in the amount I had lost to this seller. I took it. I then contacted the seller (who had seemingly ghosted me) and told them I was opening a case with Etsy. They responded 4 minutes later saying they would look into it. They then got back onto their old lines of saying they were going to ship in Monday, then never did, then expressed surprise I didn't have the doll already as they thought they shipped it, then saying it would go out next Monday and never providing any tracking. Eventually I told them flat out that Etsy had refunded me and I was giving up on them. Never heard from them again. No apology no nothing. I will NEVER give money to this seller again. There is no point. I have no hope of getting a doll from them. :( It makes me very sad.

#2 Nerwign, May 9, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    3. * What did you order?
      A "Samhain" special doll (through etsy)

* When did you order?
      August 4th 2019 (with being told the doll would ship in October 2019)

I had to ask for updates, answers came but slowly and sometimes very unreadable

It was through etsy's system, so easy.

My doll arrived May 2nd 2020. So it took about 9 months instead of the promised 2

There was an extra 3d printed doll in it that had a broken foot.

As mentioned before the communication wasn't the best. When i asked for updates it took long until I got answers and I was told everytime the doll would ship "next week". As a local friend got theirs shipped I asked again and was told my doll couldn't be shipped to my country because of Covid and that the irish postal service wouldn't work at all. My friend is in the same country and theirs was returned (because of a mistake in the address) and that witht he "not operating" postal service. I was given a blurry screenshot of a list of countries where he wasn't able to ship to and my country wasn't on that list. Of course not, because I knew shipping was possible as my friend got their doll then. Intothedeep still insisted that he wasn't able to ship out dolls as Covid restrictions would forbid it (as said, he just shipped to a local friend) - I asked for a refund. But then Intothedeep decided he was able to ship but only with DHL, and that it would cost instead of the "not operating" service. I got my doll through the service that "was not operating", there wasn't any additional costs for Intothedeep, but Intothedeep promised to use the Express Service by DHL to get me my doll. I got my doll but I am still not happy with this overall transaction.

No. If you like lies and fighting to get your doll go for it.

4. * What did you order?
      Project No. 2 (the Charmander)
      * When did you order?

August 2019

Bad. I've had contact with a lot of artists/companies throughout the years, and he was easily the worst. Rude, flippant attitude, often not even writing proper full sentences. Something I'd expect in a game chat, not from someone I am currently hounding for what happened to my order.

Bought through Etsy, so very easy.

It was supposed to ship October 2019 according to Etsy. Then it was December. Then January. It was finally shipped March, but it was returned because they forgot to put my last name on the address! I received it still in March 2020.

No, the doll itself was fine. Which considering the low amount of bubble wrap and flimsy box was a miracle.

Badly. Contact was always slow, spotty, and like said his messages less than helpful/nice to read. He constantly had an excuse for why the doll couldn't be shipped. Since Covid had just started he loved to use that too, even though Germany was receiving post from Ireland. He used that excuse on a German friend of mine, while he had shipped my package to Germany the same day :roll:

Hell no. And I actually lucked out compared to other people who had to wait longer or never got their doll (which is probably the case for most people).

5. * What did you order? Samhain bulbasaur doll, special project 2 (charmander), Glow in the dark project one (bulbasaur)
      * When did you order? Jun 18, 2019, Oct 4, 2019, Sep 18, 2020
      * How was the communication? Communication was fairly fine at first. They wouldn't communicate delays voluntarily, but when I asked they got back to me in relatively decent time. As time went on, it became constant excuses until they stopped responding at all half the time or claimed they weren't getting my messages.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy to pay, Etsy-paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? Never shipped in 2 years time. Finally filed a complaint with Etsy this week.
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? Never received at all
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? For two years I kept checking in and asking. After about 6-7 months from the time of the first order, they started saying things like "It'll be out next month" or "The first two are done, but waiting on the third" or "I'll ship it next month" "I'll ship it next week" "Our country isn't allowing any mail to the US due to Covid" (In makes sense, out really doesn't, does it?). I'd sometimes get "The first two are ready, the third will be done next month" "Next week" "I thought you said you wanted combined shipping" (I checked back in our message history and I never did). "I thought you already contacted Etsy about it" (I never had before nor had I ever said I did or was going to). "I thought we talked about this on instagram?" (I never contacted them on Instagram or email or anything else, strictly Etsy messages). After waiting for so long I had to go through Etsy to get basically a gift card for the refund amount only to find most Etsy shops won't accept it. So I'm basically stuck with $400+ I can't use.
      * Would you order from this company again? Absolutely not. I don't know if they have severely bad business management skills or are just plain shady, but either way, after my own experience as well as hearing way too many expressing the same problems, no matter how tempting their works are, I will absolutely never buy from them again.

6. * What did you order?

Sip the jumping spider and an eye mold

* When did you order?

October 24 2020

Decent (if you like lies and excuses that is...) until the chance to file a PayPal claim was over! After that it’s been complete and utter silence!

Far too easy – my money is gone and not coming back

They never shipped the doll. They took my money, stopped replying as soon as the PayPal and Etsy claim deadline was over and then remained silent.

Yeah. The whole order is still missing since it was never shipped.

Oh, thye didn't handle the problems at all. The main issue is that they took my money and never shipped the doll soooo nope... Not a happy experience

Absolutely not. Stay away from this company at all cost because you won’t receive the items!

7. Time to add to the pile of complaints...

* What did you order?
      I've made two orders with ItD... a Puka and a Sip

* When did you order?
      The puka was ordered in January, the Sip a bit later

Terrible. There were always delays answering, and multiple "Oh, I didn't get that message" excuses.

Too easy. I ordered through Etsy.

The puka shipped a few days after I finally got tired of excuses and filed a complaint with Etsy over non-delivery.

The Sip never has.

The puka was fine when it arrived. It's a fragile little doll, but cute. It's what I expected for the price.

The Sip has never been shipped and at this point, I suspect it never will be. I have no leverage over the seller to force the point this time, and they've completely stopped answering messages about the order. (I made the mistake of believing the seller when they said "This will absolutely ship in two weeks". A deadline that was (surprise, surprise) just past the date for filing a non-delivery complaint.)

Essentially, they didn't.

If my experience is anything to go by, they'll string you along until the timer for filing a complaint runs down and then ignore you completely.

No.

I would suggest if anyone is keeping a list of known scammers that Into the Deep should be added to it.

#7 Brightfires, Sep 15, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    8. INTO THE DEEP DOLL

* What did you order?

Daoine Maithe Solas Pre-order with bonus limited BumbleBee mimi doll

* When did you order?
      5th of March, 2020

Poor. Some messages are not responded to at all, some are but weeks or literally months later.
      I made contact via instagram and etsy, neither was more effective than the other.

Very easy, Etsy marketplace.

At the time of writing, 18 months since ordering, the order has not shipped.
      It was advertised as being shipped in May of 2020.

N/A

I have reached out about the order repeatedly, I have requested either the doll or a refund, and I am yet to recieve either.
      The company initially made promises to send the doll, stating that it would be sent by the end of the month (July). They have not responded to my most recent request for an update as it is now late September.

I would never wish this experience on anyone. I feel strung along and stupid for believing them.
      If I had been smarter I would have filed a claim long ago and been protected by Etsy or Paypal, the legitimacy of which made me confident in buying from this seller. Now that it's been so long, there is no recourse. I will of course update this if the doll ships.

9. There is still recourse. I had been waiting over two years for mine. You should be able to refund the Paypal charges through your bank. That failing, what I did was contact Etsy support, reported IntotheDeep and while they couldn't refund the money, they gave me a gift card equivalent for use on Etsy. Unfortunately, not many sellers accept the gift cards, but I eventually found things I wanted to spend it all on. It also files with Etsy to investigate sellers with bad reputations.

10. * What did you order?
      Fairy eye molds
      * When did you order?
      May of 2021
      Terrible, I never received a shipping notification. I sent him a message in June to ask about my order and he said my order would be shipped the following week, this was not the case. I sent two more messages in August and July to ask where my order was but never got a response.
      Easy enough to pay and get my money back.
      He never shipped my order.
      I never received it.
      Problems stated above with communication. Eventually Etsy intervened and I got my money back.
      Absolutely not, this seller has scammed so many people. His profile doesn’t exist on Etsy anymore and his shop is no longer active. I believe that Etsy may have shut down this shop after having to deal with complaints about him and getting people their money back.