1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Discussion (YID, nYID, SID, EID, HID) Part 13

Sep 8, 2021

1. @Olga Borontova Many thanks! I really admire your skills in making your dolls' knitted wear (I cannot knit for the life of me).

@PowerAndWeakness You're welcome! I was able to bring my 75cm guy to a minimeet with a fellow IH owner, and he is definitely taller than an EID male. :sweat

2. <3AntarelNefertili<3
      Thank you for your kind words about my work!
      I sincerely admire your talents as a photographer and screenwriter of "live pictures", the main characters of which are your BJD actors!

3. So I did some measuring for a doll house. The doll stands at 67cm. The ceiling height I am not sure of 80cm seems not bad, 85cm would be good also but 90cm seems a bit too high. What is the ideal ceiling height for a BJD E.I.D female doll ceiling in a doll house?

4. If we assume that an EID is 1/3 scale (which she is, just heroic!) and we also assume the standard modern American ceiling height of nine feet for her house (which we do not have to do!) then a 1/3-scale doll house would have a ceiling of 91cm. Older houses and, sometimes, upstairs bedrooms have ceilings of eight feet instead, which at 1/3 scale would come out to 81 cm.

Dolls do not feel cramped under low ceilings like people can, so pretty much any of your measurements would probably work! It's possible that a lower ceiling would look cramped in photos, especially since the EID is so large, but I don't know if you're planning to take photos in the house or not.

5. I recently watched a YouTube video (not going to link here, cuz I don't want to start a fight), and I was sad. They really did not like Iplehouse bodies. I feel like I need to come to the defense of what is basically my favorite company.

Here are some pictures I took of poses of my nSID Mari. I think this is the best 60+cm body Iplehouse has made (I've owned and sold both the FID and HID bodies).
      Kneeling:
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kneeling/lounging, with head turned - I find posing Iplehouse heads to be pretty easy?
      [​IMG]

I will say that my favorite thing about these dolls is also their (potentially) biggest drawback - the torsos are solid and heavy, which makes one-legged poses impossible. The legs just aren't big enough to handle the weight of their torsos.

Mari is in the EID Punching Blouse outfit from Iplehouse (I reviewed it - it's nice, but not great). She's Peach Gold resin with an Iplehouse face-up. I purchased her from someone on Instagram. She was made in October of 2021, so she's practically new, and new to me.

I'm begging Iplehouse to make an nHID body. Pleeeaaase, Iplehouse! :abow:

#385 MaleficentMrsofEvil, Aug 1, 2022
      Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    6. Yeah, while Iplehouse aren't the greatest posers in the BJD world, I feel like people just don't know how to pose them well. I've shocked people at local meets by contorting my Eric and Leonard into natural poses equally as fluid as other companies. Yes, they're heavy, yes, this absolutely affects their balance and poseability, but, you just have to work with that!

7. I would think the weight of the doll would be kinda helpful since they would mimic human weight, but I haven't held an iplehouse doll before so I could be wrong

8. The elastic can only hold so much tension before the joint/limb/etc. becomes to heavy for it to hold. Generally, the lighter the resin, the less tension/strength needed to hold a pose.

9. Oh I see, then disregard that.

10. I so agree with this! I'm not good at posing any dolls...but I've seen people here do amazing posing with their Iples over the years.

11. Fast spam of new imige of my Morgan - IH Stella Eid and her friend Rose ( Sartoriaj Naomi ) [​IMG]

12. Just received my doll from the EID additional head event and found out that they forgot to put the COA in.......:?:o:pout:pure sadness:...(:...(

13. Have you emailed them? That seems like a weird oversight on their end.

14. Do you mean a COA for the extra head? Many companies don't give a COA for a gift item.

15. Oh I misread then :doh

16. Yes I emailed them! waiting for their response. Soon i hope :)

Well..... I placed multiple orders. The recent order that arrived yesterday came with 2 coa, 1 for each head. But the previous orders only came with 1 coa. So that's why I'm 100% sure they actually forgot to put it in

Also, it's not a gift item, I literally paid for the extra head D:
      So this is just disappointing :eek:

17. Hello!! I’ve finally decided to bite the really big and expensive bullet of a second EID man, and I am leaning toward Lawrence.

Anyone have one who feels like posting photos?

18. @VampireAngel13 Lawrence is a gorgeous sculpt, and has a versatile expression <3 But I wouldn't blame you if you have a hard time choosing, so many great options! I need to re-do wig and faceup and take better photos but here's mine:

[​IMG]

19. @VampireAngel13 - Oh Lawrence is a wonderful sculpt! What resin color are you thinking about getting him in?
      @Gamine - Oh your Lawrence is lovely! I love to see owner or custom faceups!

Here is a shot containing two Lawrences...one NS and the other RS...just to see the variety...:XD:

[​IMG]Brody and Braedyn by luluna33, on Flickr

20. These two are gorgeous where did you get their faceups done?