1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse EID and SID Discussion Part 16

Jan 22, 2015

1. Teleri thank you so much :-)

2. How fickle I am to have forgotten that body review, thank you @Lady Tiku !

I still would love to see something similar for the female body :)

3. Yes agree, they should not have got rid of Ashanti. She was divine. She was my grail and luckily I was fresh back at work from maternity leave so just managed to scrape it together to get her. When I've add my pics to Flickr I'll post some here. Hopefully they don't get rid of Asa as well!
      Miho in the FID range is nice too, but that's for another thread! ; ) Aaliyah DC is tempting I'll admit but not part of my dolly plans. its so inconvenient how you can't layaway dark brown or ebony resin, they're so costly yet my fave colours!
      After going bananas and laying away three big girls end of last year I'm not buying anymore dolls for at least another year!!!

4. I did get my Alayaha in dark brown on layaway, so maybe that rule is gone? I actually didn't hear that before!
      That was my new year's resolution, LOL

I did buy a couple of heads now, and I'm thinking of getting a body for an event head ordered last year so basically I'm already cheating! LOL

5. Thank you, @Lady Tiku, for the new SID male body review. I would imagine that the female version would have similar posing capabilities.

6. Hi guys!
      Just want to ask you about shoes. Where do you usually buy shoes for your EID\SID girls (except Iplehouse website)? My Dollmore Model doll shoes are too small and narrow for EID. =\

7. My SID girl has on a pair of black ankle boots that were made for SD boys :d I've a lot of dolls & a ton of shoes - so I generally try on shoes to see what fits. Dollmore & Impldoll shoes do fit SID girls (don't know about EID). Also I've a pair of Soom Supergem sandals that fit all my girls w/big feet (IH SID, Dollmore Model, Impldoll Star)

8. [​IMG]Isabel day 1 a by C. Pemberton, on Flickr Just received my Iplehouse Isabel with a face up by Lyn Raftis. Really love her. I paid for the glow resin and it is so nice on her. A little darker batch than my Lahela glow in same color.

9. Oh, she is GLORIOUS!!! <3

10. Beautiful . Her lips look really pretty!

11. I have a question I can't seem to find the answer to. I've seen quite a few people put a female EID head on a female SID body, but would a female SID head work on a female EID body? I purchased an EID body and am having difficulty finding any heads I like to fit. :/

12. I have found the female EID and SID heads to be interchangeable without modification.

I do think that some of the smaller heads (original Luna, Asa) look better on SID than EID, but they were originally released as EID -- it's more of a personal aesthetic choice.

Do you have any particular sculpts in mind? I have quite a few EID and SID girls -- here's a link to my Flickr doll gallery: Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls

I could probably do a head swap if there was a specific combination you wanted to see.

13. I'd love to see Stella on an EID body if you're able, thank you! Also is your Carina originally from a SID body?

14. My Carina is the original non-limited (not Noctarcana Circus) EID release, so that's the body she came with. Carina is a larger head and works really well on the EID body!

I don't have another RS girl aside from my Stella, so it won't be a resin match, but I can swap them out and take some pics for you :)

15. Verdict: Surprisingly, not bad!

Carina has a wider jaw, and I wasn't sure how the narrower Stella face would look on the broader EID shoulders, but the head/neck fit fine (as noted, they're all interchangeable without modification, the EID neck isn't noticeably thicker at the top), and I don't think she looks terribly disproportionate.

Putting on a wig with more volume would also make the head look visually larger (as seen in the last pic -- that black braided wig fits very close to the head.)

Hope this is helpful!

Sorry about the photo quality, it's almost 100 degrees outside and I'm not wearing sunscreen today -- please be assured that the yellow tint is my crappy indoor lighting, not my dolls! ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. @Ashbet
      Thanks so much! The wig I have for this character is actually pretty thick so I'm feeling much better about this "hybrid" option. I have an incoming EiD body and was worried about finding a head since SiD heads seem to pop up more often on the market. This will make things much easier! >u<

17. Awesome, glad to be able to help!

Do please post your doll here when you have her put together, I'd love to see! :)

18. @Cap'n - I sometimes have my SID Eva head on an EID body...:)

Like here...

[​IMG]Iona by luluna33, on Flickr

19. My Stella is on an EID body...

[​IMG]Stella in Red by LyanneNZ, on Flickr

There are more pics of her here but just ignore the very beginning of the album as she arrived on an SID body but swapped to an EID early on :)

Iplehouse Stella