1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse EID and SID Mobility

May 1, 2012

1. Hello there! I'm an artist, and for the longest time I wanted one of those wooden posing figures to use for my drawings, but when we had two of them in my Animation class, I discovered that they had the mobility of a carrot. I then discovered BJDs and the Iple EID's caught my eye. I have my heart set on getting Carina, but I heard that EID women are difficult to work with in the posing department. Is this true, or should I just play with her elastic a bit when I get her?

Please help! I don't want to spend a grand on a doll just to find out that she doesn't work the way I want her to!

2. From what I've heard, their main issue is good sitting-poses. I am hoping to get a Carina (or a Soo) myself sometime this year so I've been looking around quite a bit about stuff like this, so far the only complaint I've heard from owners of EIDs is that they aren't too good at sitting down properly...

3. Aw man. Even with the mobility joint?

Anybody else feel free to join in. I want to know as much as possible.

Should I get an SID for posability?

4. Yeah, the mobility joint lets you move the thighs and all that but this issue is more of a falling-flat-on-their-backs thing. :/

However, I have no idea if restringing can fix this. Hopefully it can. And didn't Iplehouse change the joints of their JIDs recently to make sitting easier for them? Maybe they've done that to their bigger dolls as well? :)

5. They have issues with falling on their backs? This is the first I've heard of this. Any other mobility issues you know about?

6. Yeah, if they sit up with good posture they have a tendency to fall backwards. The JID I had did the same thing and from what I hear the larger dolls are a bit worse since they are heavier. But - again - I don't know if restringing helps. And if you make them sit a bit "hunched over" so they bend a little extra forward it works fine, but sitting up straight seems to be a bit of an issue. Other than that I have heard nothing but good things about them pose-wise. I had no trouble with my JID girl other than the sitting, either.

7. I have a SID Eric and he poses extremely well. I have had him sitting as well as standing with no problems at all.

8. So, it seems to me that SID's are better than EID's in the posing department. Any other input?

9. I can only speak on behalf of my E.I.D. Akando he did have some trouble with falling backwards when he was sitting but after re-stringing, he sits like a champ and poses beautifully... hope this helps...