1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Fashion Doll Discussion - Part 10

Sep 4, 2019

1. @JinCIncy You've sold me on these dresses <3

The more I look at Stella, the more I think I need one in light brown. Not sure how FIDs became my main obsession, but here we are. XD

2. [​IMG]

3. This thread is so full of gorgeous dolls <3 Thank for sharing them!
      I'm feeling really tempted to put a FID guy on my family but I can't choose between Lawrence and Leonard (maybe both? xD Iplehouse really knows how to make handsome men).
      But I'm not sure how any of them would look next to my Narae 412. Could it be that any of you have an FID guy and a Narae to show me? I would be very grateful ^w^

4. @Yami_Hanako - I have both, but no photos of them together. I can take a photo tomorrow and post it. For now I can tell you that they have different head sizes. FIDs wear size 5-6 wigs, Narae wears 6-7.

5. @Yami_Hanako They look like aliens next to each other XD I have both as well.

6. Well, I quite imagined it seeing the measurements and the pictures of the blank heads in Iplehouse's webpage. I can always make another story line for them, I guess xD Thanks for you knowledge!

7. I asked them if they would consider offering KID heads and this was the answer

Dear,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

We'll send your opinion to the development team that we would like to make a FID version of KID doll for future consideration.

Thanks again!
      Iplehouse

This sounds great, lets hope they'll really do it.

8. It's possible that if they get enough requests they'll see there is a demand for it and might do it. I'm not an expert but I believe the FID line is fairly popular so... maybe?

9. @ResinRapture - I'm impressed. That's a much more positive answer than they usually dish out. I hope they can make it happen.

@Yami_Hanako - Here's a comparison photo of FID Claude and Bimong's Butterfly Narae (412).
      [​IMG]

10. Thank you for the pic! It's perfect because my Narae is a 412 too!
      The difference in their face shapes would definitely bother me, so I'll have to think another excuse to get myself one of this gorgeous boys xD

11. Not sure if this is the place to ask, but is there anyone out there that might be able to take a pic of their male FID for me? What I am hoping for is someone who has both the muscle as well as the model body, and an EID and an SID character head in FID size (Bichun and Claude, for example). I'd like a picture of the two dolls nude without wigs, side by side with their respective heads (I.e. Bichun on muscle, Claude on model), and then a second pic with the 2 heads swapped.
      I know its a lot to ask but here's why I'm doing so: I think I'd really like to get an FID, but I'm being held back by Iple's pictures which make some look really pin headed. Then I see some pics here and elsewhere that make them look ok. I know wigs tend to help the pin-headedness, but I really want to see what they look like au naturale.
      So if you are able to help (or can direct me to some posted pics and NOT Iples pics) I would appreciate it IMMENSELY!!!!
      If you're still here, thanks for reading (lol!!)

12. @Dusk Would this be helpful? I ordered Claude on the muscle body first, but then thought he'd look better on the model body, and so he swapped heads with Leonard. If this doesn't help, I can do the comparison pictures later if you still want them.
      FID male muscle versa model body and Raccoon mugshots

#572 ResinRapture, Feb 11, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    13. I only have this photo comparing three of my guys - JID Kyle with Muscle body, FID Baron with Model Body, and Lawrence with Muscle body. I find the FID Model body has more realistic proportions, esp when you consider that clothes will bulk it out considerably. I find the Muscle body needs a 'bushier' wig to help offset those huge wide shoulders.
      [​IMG]

14. I have a claude head, a gentle tedros head, and the 5-6 sartoria jude head + model and muscle body. Every head looks a bit undersized on the athletic body but more in a body-builder/superhero way than anything. I can take nude pics, jsut let me know which heads you want to see on which body. This applies to @Dusk of course, but the rest of you can make requests too.

Oh, the tedros doesn't have a faceup yet. No time at the moment for my own dolls XD

15. @ResinRapture Thank you! Those are great pictures and confirms what I had thought: the FID/SID character's heads are smaller than the EID/FID character's heads and (IMO) belong on the model body. I've also come to the conclusion (also IMO) that Iple slightly enlarged the EID/FID heads after Leonard as it seems to me that Leonard, Lawrence, and Arvid's heads all seem to small even for the muscle body (and would look more appealing to me on the model body), whereas all the following EID/FID heads seems to look better on the muscle body.

@MB Lilac you must've read my mind as I've wanted to see specifically what Baron looked like on the model body. I think he's one of the heads that would look great on either type. Is his skin peach gold? None of my Eid males are that color as I thought it suited the females better but I actually like it on him (if that is indeed the color).

@rianne yes! Id love to see a Tedros head on both bodies. I know the Iple site has him on a model sized body but it would be good to see him on both. If at all possible, could you also take a shot of the head as it sits on the neck while in profile, especially on the muscle body? I'm thinking that the muscle body, regardless of the head, will have that bulge at the top of the neck, but its hard to confirm when a wig is on them.

Thanks all for responding! This has all helped me so much :D

16. No, my Baron is Real Skin. Most of my dolls are. I don't care for PG so don't have any dolls that colour. I don't know how he'd look on the Muscle body with the wider shoulders. He has a rather 'narrow' looking face.

17. #577 Olga Borontova, Feb 12, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2020
    18. @Dusk Sure on tedros. And the neck 'bulge' is an engineering thing as well as a good way to ensure natural graduation from head to neck. It's very much a feature of the iplehouse design, not a bug, and it's present with every head/body. So I can take those profile pics, but yeah, it's exactly the same with every head/body and pics are kind of superfluous. I can also say that if you don't want a full on superhero/beefcake proportion, you just need to get a model body, regardless of the head. The way iplehouse scaled them, the whole point of the athletic body is that it gives that aesthetic. The model body is a standard athletic build; the athletic body is a superhero body basically. XD

19. Here we go, all under a spoiler for size and nudity (I left SJ Jude on the model body for one neck shot to show that it's the same with any head).

Basically, to enable the awesome neck mobility these guys have + keep that natural graduation, you're always gonna have a bit of a shelf in back from certain angles. It's not an issue given that it takes exactly no effort to avoid photographing that imo.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

20. I guess I like my guys beefy cause I don't mind Baron on the FID muscular body. All my guys are on them. And I just love him on the HID body.

Thanks guys for sharing the pictures.

[​IMG]