1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IpleHouse JiD Mini Discussion Part 19

Nov 26, 2017

1. The good news is if they keep the old body, there will be one for either the young or old characters. My only disappointment is that I worry this means no new mature body for the JID girl. I just can't imagine that they will make two new ones close together.

2. @Roterwolkenvogel - Decently enough, but I'd take "pin-headed" realism over bobble heads any day. Though replacing a whole collection would be tiresome.

@Jany - Ok, hobbits are a pretty good idea I'll admit.

@Lady Tiku - Well four years ago I had no idea what a BJD even was, and it was at least another two year before I knew Iplehouse even existed. I pretty much stick to SDs so forgive my ignorance about MSDs. :/ Why would I read the Doll Choice description if I have no interest in them?
      Those particular dolls do not "prove" anything, they only cement the fact that children/young teens done up to look like adults absolutely disturb me and make me very uncomfortable.

@Dustbunnie - When I was 12, I was flat as a pancake, and now even in my mid-20s I'm not even an A. More small chest options!! I want children/young teens to look like children/young teens, not jail-bait.

3. I like the fact that Iplehouse is offering more options for their customers to customise the doll to their liking as quite a few of the JID sculpts seem to be able to pull off being either a child or a more mature character depending on the face-up and style chosen for them. Personally I prefer the newer body option, though I was hoping to see the older one updated a bit as well. I do not own a JID as my current Iple crew consists of only SDs, but I have always wanted to get one. Maybe one day... <3

4. That's in a way exactly my point. People are not the same. Big breasts doesn't nessesary mean adult and small breasts doesn't nessesary mean young teens. The more options we have for bodies the better.

Dustbunnie

5. I made a contemporary outfit for my Asa (Queen of the Night) so Byuri and Aaron could have a 'Mom'

[​IMG]

6. Anyone know when they started using the new body? I ordered my Cordelia on February 24. I ordered small breast, but I like the old body (broader shoulders) better.

7. I don't think they'll send you the new body without asking you so dont worry.

Also pics of the new body seem to be pulled from Iples site or am I just blind?

@MB Lilac I must say I love that studio diorama! And she looks perfect :D

8. @Bundles - don't worry, you'll get the body you ordered. Someone asked, and the new body will become an option - and not replace the current one - so that means we will have a choice.

@Roterwolkenvogel - Thanks! I just posed them in the Art Gallery setting that's part of a LONG ongoing artist story I've been doing. Hopefully I'll get done this week so I can take it down and move on.

9. Thanks @MB Lilac! I'm glad to hear that. As for your art gallery setting - it's so beautiful and detailed and perfect. What will you do with it when you take it down?!

10. Reply came back .

KEEPING BOTH BODIES .. now you have a choice.

if you would like to see an in scale 'teen' size (think 55 ish cm and able to do the 13-17 age range better) hit the Q/A board with requests!

11. I've been doing a lengthy artist series the past two months, so it was worth creating a proper room setting. I'm almost at the end - just one more set of photos to take. Then everything will get cleaned up. My sister painted all the tiny paintings (they were a Christmas gift) and they'll get hung as a collage on one of my walls, where I'll see them all the time. Furniture and props just go back into storage until I need them again.

12. 5 years ago i didn't have dolls either... but i 'learned' by reading all i could. And companies 'design' dolls to achieve a look... I also read the history of the company.... i did research... everything I know is because i decided to learn about my hobby... I don't like/get all types of dolls but i try to have a basic understanding and go deeper in my companies of choice... it's to a person benefit to know what they have and can get. I read all sections for any company I have a doll i like from... Having no interest in something is not a reason to not have a working knowledge of the related things. But i suppose that's just a hangover from my generation... sorry to offend. Although the time frame is not an excuse.

13. MB Lilac your sister is very talented. Does she have dolls, too?

14. She has quite a few artist dolls - that we made together - but she's not into BJDs. Years ago we made OOAK art figures together - she did all the sculpting and painting, and I did everything else (clothes, wigs, props, etc) Until she decided she no longer enjoyed sculpting. Here's a sampling of some of the dolls we made - Welcome to Martha Boers & Marianne Reitsma Fine Art

Then I discovered BJDs and found a new outlet for my costuming.

15. @Lady Tiku - Are you implying I've not done my own research? Because you bet your arse I did, research is sort of my thing. But only for the sizes that interested me. MSDs, and smaller, even more childlike dolls utterly creep me out as I have mentioned and as such I have stayed away from them. I have given talks about the BJD community and care and maintenance of dolls at conventions almost every year since I got into the hobby. Believe me, I researched everything I could, and I still love researching to this day. But I refuse to research something that I find disturbing (it's not just a lack of interest) within a hobby that allows so much freedom. My JID is actually my first (and currently only) Iplehouse, but I'm an expert with big DollShe guys because that's what I tend to collect. See what I'm talking about here? I have a niche. And clearly you do too, though ours differs greatly.
      You're the one using your generation as an excuse. You're assuming that mine is utterly useless and incapable of information gathering when it comes to things they are passionate about. Irrelevant to the argument at hand, but you Boomers just love to bitch and moan. :roll:

16. Please remember, Den of Angels first rule is
      While disagreements do occur, fighting and passive aggressive attacks on other members are not tolerated.
      If this line of arguing continues it will be removed and participants may face further consequences.
      Please understand that, while we do not want to censor discussion, this board is here for the benefit of the entire community and fighting can and does disrupt discussions and creates a hostile environment for other members.

17. [​IMG]

Pazuzu got a new dress (again :lol:)

18. You and your sister are amazing. So much talent in one family, I'm jealous. I love my sisters very much, however, artistic is not a word that could be used to describe either. They're always getting me to do the artistic things for them...lol.

Thank you for the link and your figures are amazing. I love all of them, as I do your Iplehouse family. I saw the Art Class on the BID discussion and your photo is wonderful. Thank you for showing it.

19. Thank you for the link. I really enjoyed looking at all the figures. They are amazing. :)

WOW! That is beautiful! :aheartbea

Dustbunnie

20. Both my sisters are artists. One is a retired teacher and she does beautiful watercolours. The one I made dolls with, is a graphic artist, and does pallet knife paintings in the evenings as a hobby. I could paint too, but I prefer a 'clean, dry' medium like working with fabrics - so I stick to doll costuming.

I've been doing an ongoing photo story (started in January) of one of my dolls (a Narae) as an artist, giving art classes to the children. So, no JIDs involved (yet) so I've not been able to post any pictures here. But you can check out the Blog on my website