1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IpleHouse JiD Mini Discussion Part 19

Nov 26, 2017

1. @ResinRapture Thanks so much for your reply! I don't sew, but that is super helpful to know as I've seen a lot of people sewing for the FID's. :)

2. I'm still really torn about the JID bodies... the character I want to shell is a petite 14-year-old, but from the few owner pictures I really can't decide whether the new body would work for that or if it would give the impression of a much younger child. I've come to realize that body sculpt is less important to me than posing, BUT I need something that will have the right proportions in clothes. I'm just hoping that maybe by the time I'm actually ready to order, there will be a few more photos around to reference.

3. Good idea to wait until you are sure. If it was me, I'd go for the old JID body with small bust. But then I've never liked the KID body.

4. The new KID body looks more like a preteen to me, maybe nine or ten.And it depends on the other members of the family. If they adults are SD size, KID will be too small.

5. But compared to the bigger dolls (SID & EID) a JID is still only the height of a five year old, and definitely not the right proportions. Children are a LOT bigger than one usually thinks. My 16 year old grandson is over 6 feet, and my 6 year old grandson comes up to my chest level. The four year old is above my waist. The 12 and 13 year olds are above my shoulder level. And I'm 5'8". But dolls are living in an imaginary world, so I guess one can mix them any way they want, although I find that odd with the realism of the Iplehouse dolls.

That being said, I plan on testing to see how my KIDs and BIDs with their big heads, work with my FIDs.

6. Your right! I was actually thinking of the new JID body!

7. @MB Lilac you're absolutely right. That's something that often bothers me in photoshoots, where someone couples two dolls that are supposedly both young adults but the "16-year-old" only goes up to the ribcage of the "18-year-old", or a child that's meant to be a preteen has the proportions of a toddler. Just a little pet peeve of mine, as an artist who studies anatomy...

8. @Kittzel - But people still do it all the time, and I just keep my comments to myself. I love how the JIDs, KIDs and BIDs work together, but they don't work with the bigger sizes. Although I did manage some decent photos with my JID guys in the background behind my FIDs. Then the depth of field makes the bigger JID heads shrink and look roughly the same size as the FIDs in the foreground.....

[​IMG]

9. Yeah, I figure that's probably the point of the new JID body-- it likely fits with the YID like how the KIDs fits with the old JID? About 2/3 of the height and younger proportions?

That looks really good! You're right, it makes them look like they're slightly shorter but the same proportions.

10. I also prefer my JIDs for the 'fun stuff'. I started a photo series on the Scarce Toilet Paper situation, and would never use my FIDs for that. Like it's an insult to them or something. But my JIDs are game for anything. So I used my Kyle.

Here he is, Sir Kyle, braving the storm, carrying his special banner on his quest to make sure the kingdom stays well supplied....
      [​IMG]

11. I think 14 year old can be more mature like the old JID body or it can be more kid like (the new) body, because development in the teens can be really individual. So it also depends on the character also, do you want it to be more mature or kid like teen.
      MB Lilac Hoping Kyle for succefull trip and not crossing any toilet paper thiefs! :lol:

12. when it comes to height you have to remember that it's all relative... to time (historically) and to the fact that ppl come in all sizes. I was 5 feet tall and have gone out with a guy that was 5'4" which by the way is almost the right height for the guys that actual wore suits of armor... they were shrimps compared to now. Our fort Edmonton... lol the beds are great for me and the doors I never noticed that most ppl now have to duck. And I also went out with a guy who was 6'2"... So we looked like a REALLY odd pair. So don't worry about HOW EQUALLY MATCHED they are. Cuz real humans aren't all matchy matchy. realistic is all relative. When I was 13 I wore a D cup bra... by 17 I had had a reduction so the JID's with the big boobs seem normal to me... Things like that change generation to generation. So, since they are YOUR dolls go with feels right for YOU. Because my realistic and yours my differ.

#572 Lady Tiku, Mar 28, 2020
      Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    13. @MB Lilac Kyle is a true hero! I love those little packages of TP!

14. Thanks! I thought it would be fun to do a tongue-in-cheek photo series with regards to the toilet paper hoarding, so I made a LOT

15. Hello everyone.
      I'd like to share my Asa.

[​IMG]

16. Thought I'd pop in an share my JiD boy.

[​IMG]

The other night a few weeks back I thought to give him a temp faceup with nail jewels I forgot I had. Having assumed I'd be using him as a model in a sewing contest at con but sadly it got canceled because of the pandemic ;w; He also ended up getting a new wig I made to go with his new faceup with some fauxfur I had laying around. That was as far as my creativeness went since lol eventually I might make him something to wear to go with his new look.

17. @MB Lilac Haha... Thanks for the laugh. What a wonderful idea. Maybe future historians will wonder why on earth tp became the hospitality gift of the decade. Not fine wine, not flowers- toilet paper!
      Tp, a gift worthy of kings...wealth and influence is demonstrated by showing off a roll of tp in the back shelf of your car.

#577 ResinRapture, Apr 4, 2020
      Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    18. does anyone have any full body comparison photos of the new female j.i.d body compared to the older one?