1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IpleHouse JiD Mini Discussion Part 19

Nov 26, 2017

1. There's a lot of good stuff that is available when you ard signd in.

2. Sometimes I think JIDs are not very fashionable anymore, after the introduction of the FIDs - well, here is my boy Robin:

[​IMG]Robin by Ashemanu, auf Flickr

3. I agree, but I still love all my JIDs. Like Owen and Leona, here borrowing outfits from my FIDs....
      [​IMG]

4. Working on an outfit for my Owen....

[​IMG]

I have two art dolls made over twenty years ago, of the two kids from the first Jurassic Park movie. They were originally supposed to have Dr.Grant with them, but he was never made. So I thought I'd dress one of my JIDs in his outfit so I can take some pictures. The next step is to wet the clothes and make them dirty to match the muddy kids.

5. Hey guys! I haven't been here in years, as I haven't done anything with my dolls for that long. But I recently looked them out and was stunned by how beautiful Roan, my Sierra is. I remembered I hadn't done much with her because I'd had difficulty finding clothes for her. Could anyone please suggest specific shops, or a seamstress who might be able to help create custom clothes for my girl? I also need boots, but I have no idea where to look. I've tried Etsy with no luck.

By the way, here's an old photo of Roan (Sierra) She represents a chacter in one of my stories. She's a fisherman's daughter, who lives in a small fishing village during world war 2.

[​IMG]

6. Off the top of my head, JeansByJenna on Etsy has JID sizing options for some of her clothing, and the custom order button is enabled on her shop page so it might be worth reaching out to her. Deb's Adorables on ebay carries Kish Chrysalis shoes, and I know for sure that the flat shoes fit JIDs. I don't know the calf circumference so I'm not sure if the boots will work, but if anyone else can confirm, there are some pretty cute Chrysalis boots.

7. Oh, I did notice Jeans by Jenna but I didn't think to contact her about custom work. :) And the Kish Chrysalis shoes are a great idea. Thank you so much AutumnFallen <3

I have another question! Does anybody know which clothes for other dolls fit our JID girls?

#589 littlegreycoconut, Jul 8, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2020
    8. Regrettably, pretty much none. JID is quite a unique size. MSD clothing too small.

9. Rats! That's a shame. :(

I'm not sure. I bought her a few years ago. When was the new body released?

10. THIS is the old vs new body, the even older body was mostly the same as 'original' but had some differences in the jointing that were made nicer. The old body allowed for a more 'adult' look with more curvy body and choice of larger breast's... the new version does not have the same degree of bust sizes and the narrow shoulder and slimmer appearance give her a much younger look. The new body is 0.5 cm shorter. All the measurements are listed.side by side on every dolls sale page. Go there so i don't load too many pics.
      However even the newer body is still hard to fit... this is the same with nearly ALL iple dolls. their body size and shape was part of what set them apart from all the rest. What made them unique.

[​IMG]

11. If you look at clothes for vinyl dolls you may have better luck. Here's a picture of my original body Amy in a Boneka dress:
      [​IMG]

This dress would probably fit the new body better!

12. I had no idea Iplehpouse had changed their body. Thanks for sharing the picture. Mine is the older body.

Your Amy is adorable, and she looks so beautiful in that dress. :D

13. @littlegreycoconut the didn't "change" the body. They ADDED a new body option... you can get both. the choice is up to you.

14. Yes, thankfully, since I would never order the new version myself. I prefer my JIDs to be adults.

15. Oh thank goodness! I want to get Asa, so I'm glad I can order her with the old body. :)

Me too! :)

16. As much as I love the FID size, I still love my JIDs as well. Here's Steve and Iris (Owen and I) my Victorian couple.....
      [​IMG]