1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IpleHouse JiD Mini Discussion Part 19

Nov 26, 2017

1. This is absolutely stunning and inspiring. Thank you so much for showing me! I'm sure you get asked a lot.

2. Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has a doll with one of the new JID girl bodies? I’ve just ordered Amy (NS skin tone IH face-up A, new type body, small bust) and I’d like to get her shoes/boots. I know her foot length is 5.5cm long but what is the width? Could somebody out there measure their dolls foot for me, please?

Ta, muchly (as they say round here)

3. He's so handsome! May I ask which sculpt he is?

4. @polimite Hello, he is Owen with face up by Iplehouse. :)

5. Thank you! :thumbup

6. My new Cordelia. This doll is gorgeous and a dream to pose. Also my first 1/4 size. Was never much for the small child look of MSD, but I do like the 1/4 size; especially with resin because she is so much lighter than my 60cm girls.

[​IMG]

7. Hello, I have a question about the Iplehouse JID boy body. Is it as robust/thick as it says it is online? I've been looking for a body that's fairly hefty. It looks like this one should be the closest to what I want, but sometimes the "official" measurements are, for whatever reason, slightly off. If anyone has any Volks dolls, how does the thickness compare?

8. I have no Volks, but I do have a JID muscle type. He is easily my largest doll in that scale. His upper body, especcially. His hips are large-ish as well but the way he is proportioned makes his butt and hip area look smaller than it really is. He can't share pants with any of my other dolls that general size.

I could take detailed measurements if you need them, just let me know what you need.
      Would comparison photos with other male 1/4 dolls help?

Edit to add images:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

These are (left to right) Doll Family-H, Dollzone (let me know if you ned me to hunt down the exact one, I can't remember the numbers in my head), Iplehouse JID and Doll Leaves Teenage Dream (old, shorter version).

#768 Lillith, Jun 14, 2022
      Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    9. @Lillith Thank you! I would like a full height, shoulder width, head height (from chin to crown) and head circumference, when you have the time. I really appreciate it! The picture is very helpful, that gives me a much better idea of how he compares to other 1/4 size dolls.

10. No problem.

Full height (with head, no wig): 45cm
      Shoulder width socket to socket: 7,3cm front and 8cm back.
      Full shoulder width: 12cm
      My doll has the Boris head, I don't know how close the different heads are.
      Head height: aprox. 6,5-7,5cm depending on angle.
      Head circumference: 18,5cm

11. @Lillith Thank you very much! That's exactly what I needed to know!

12. Sliding in here to 2nd the drilling. I did that to my JID girl a few years back and have no regrets. Her ankles are still weak, but she poses so much better.

[​IMG]IMG_0266 by hellsing365, on Flickr
      Pics of my Tania

13. I've had most of my JID girls drilled, so they could be strung the traditional way, and it is much better.

14. My JID girls are drilled and restrung in the conventional way and are far better for it.

15. Out of general curiousity, when did Iplehouse start using the leg-to-leg stringing configuration? I have two older JID and both of them have the ordinary leg-head-leg configuration. (They still are very poor posers, though)
      I thought it was a fairly recent thing, but I see that Hellsing365's Tania has the old hands, so I must have goten my timeline tangled.

16. I think it was when they reworked the girl's body and got rid of those old butt flaps. They didn't change the hands yet at that time, since I have several JID ladies with the new (worse) body configuration, but still with the original hands.

They didn't change the stringing configuration when they came out with the new JID guy body. In fact I believe they still offer the old original with the butt flaps as the 'Muscle' option. I have one guy with that original body and find that it poses really poorly. The 'newer' Model body poses much better.

17. That sounds right. Both of mine has the butt flaps, the female originally had the old hands (I bought her a pair of the newer ones a few years back) and the male has the new ones. The male is a couple of years younger than the female, but they are both pretty old dolls by now.

18. Everyone's dolls are so gorgeous! (just had to pop in and say that :D)

19. My Tania's from 2012 so quite old. No buttflaps. I don't have the hook in her torso in use, so she's just the one string down each leg with a total bypass of the leg joint mechanism. It's a little funky sometimes, I might try the way above, with the same string in both legs. I just can't stand the ankles. Who in their right minds thought that solid ankles made any sense?

If anyone was wondering, don't spend your money on the new JID body feet in hopes that it'll fit the old JID body legs. I did that. Iple says it's around $170 to buy leg parts for the doll.

I'm glad to read there's a lot of us JID owners with modified dolls. :) I don't see it mentioned too often.

20. Popping in with a pic of my Dee, Cecile. I can't believe I've had her 5 years already.

[​IMG]