1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IpleHouse JiD Mini Discussion Part 19

Nov 26, 2017

1. Oh, I got excited when I saw there was a new JID body, but I do not care for it. Mostly because my JIDs are supposed to be older teens/young adults, and this body is much less mature. The sculpting on the chest is really pretty though!

Can't wait to see the deer horns and all on the new girl. I don't collect fantasy dolls, but I really enjoy seeing them. :)

I'd say the combination of the sculpt and body definitely point to Iple taking the JIDs in an even younger direction, or at least, emphasizing the young looking sculpts more than the older looking ones like Violet.

2. The new JID isn't to my taste either, but it looks like they've implemented a better ankle joint for the new one. I wonder if it would be possible to put the new feet on the older body with some help.

3. I'm not a fan of the new JID body either. It reminds me of the KID girl body, which I'm not the biggest fan of either. I prefer my JIDs to be more mature. So I hope they give us a choice, so we can still order the old body. But with this new body and doll, it looks like they haven't abandoned the JID line altogether, so that's at least good news.

4. ...that is honestly just the KID body sized up :/

I guess it's time to forsake any hope for mature JID clothes directly from Iple based on that development :lol:

5. I'm definitely not hopeful about the prospect of getting mature looking clothes. I'm just glad I was able to get my girls before the body changed. I was hoping a renewed JID body would mean one that posed better. Oh, well. I have to assume that a lot of people use the JID line for a young character than i do.

6. *de-lurks*
      The new body probably won't mean they're stopping the old one. The SID got an overhaul a while ago and you can get either body when you order.

7. I am asking (on iple's Q/A) about if the new body will 'replace' or be an option choice.... I should go back and ask AGAIN if they will get aroung to making a TRUE teen which some of you may remember me calling a TID or and actual 'teen iple doll'... and mine is the first or second q on the board so by late tonight I hope to be able to share a reply

8. Yeah, I'm also giving up hope for any new mature JID clothes from Iple like ever again (though I think I gave up that hope at least six months ago). I wish they'd just updated the body they had instead of making a younger mini. While I can see how it'll work very well for those working in the larger sizes - it'll look less like they're just miniature adults and more like they're kids - I'm not a fan of the way they did it. The shrunken narrowed shoulders look odd with the heads. The sculpting of the chest is beautiful, but it seems a little wasted on a preteen doll. I would have loved to see that level of detail on the regular JID bodies.

9. I can't figure out where you see this new body. :doh

Dustbunnie

10. Uff. I hope they still offer the "old" body type.
      Cordelia is on my wishlist, but certainly not with that childish body .:(

11. I just checked the site. She looks adorable :D new JID body sounds promising.

12. #172 Lady Tiku, Mar 25, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2018
    13. I personally really like it. To me JIDs are still children and they make me somewhat uncomfortable when made up to look like adults.

14. I'll guess it's depend of the point of view.
      My doll family its on the MSD size (slim MSD, in fact), but all my characters are adults, since I don't want largers SD.
      So, for my, the new body don't work.
      Hope they offer the two options, and we all be happy. ^_^

15. Same here. And with molds like Isar or Violet, I can't see them as children at all. Maybe teens

16. I should probably re-phrase, they look like young teens/older children. Still far too young to be considered adults.There's always the option of the fashion-sized mature minis that seem to be increasing in popularity. Seeing JIDs made up as adults makes me think of the 10-year-old girls I see coming into work made up like they were in their 20s, ordering drinks and food with their parents credit cards like they're adults. It absolutely creeps me out. I mean they're literally called JUNIOR Iple Dolls.

As it is I'd likely never buy another JID. Or any other MSD for that matter. They're just not my size, I much prefer the SDs. Give me a giant hunk of resin any day.

17. Ah I get it. But since Fashion Dolls only recently came into popularity, it have little choice to stick with JIDs unless I want to replace everyone to fit with the pinheads. Which nope. Pazuzu pulls off adult decently enough :lol:

(SDs would be so much easier but I learnt the,hard way that This is no size for me)

18. I still "need" one of the old girl bodies for my second hobbit - the JIDs looking out of scale as teens with SDs were what gave me the idea of hobbits in the first place, and it's working.

I really like how the mature JID sculpts can look like adults next to KIDs and BIDs. Maybe with the new immature body the younger-looking sculpts can pull off kids next to SID&Co ...

19. You bring up that they are called "junior" ... this is the NEW label Iple gave them less than 4 years ago. If you read the description on the Doll Choice you will find it says they are mead to represent young teens to early 20's.... They have FID NOW to do the adult msd ... they did not before and They do do up well as adults as MBLilac's dolls prove

Before they were called 'junior' they had been labeled as "juvenile" ... the more adult looks needed a new label... so ppl had the option of more adult msd without the stigma of the label used for a child... I got my first doll in 2013 ... I 'noticed' the name chang about a year and some laer.

20. I think the new body might be Iple trying to make them fit the same clothes as other minis like Narae, and MiniFee and such.

Anyway for being mature people are very different. Personally I could fill out a bra with a B cub when I was 12 - and I was very slim at the time.

I think they should have a bigger breast option though. Still I like the old body much better.

Dustbunnie