1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Light Brown skin from 2011

Dec 25, 2016

1. Does anyone still have a 2011 LB doll from Iplehouse?

How has the resin color changed/ or not (greening) over the years?

2. I believe my Iplehouse Storm in light brown may have been produced in 2012, but I recently placed him back in his box after taking a picture of Storm for a different thread, so I'm not exactly sure if he is 2011 or 2012.

SCOTT GREY
      SCOTT GREY
      SCOTT GREY

Storm has visible greening/oxidation on his neck, right arm (hand & forearm), and face -although it is covered by his faceup.

The green areas are an olive color that is difficult to see in pictures depending on the lighting, but it is more visible to the naked eye.

I am not Storm's first owner, so I don't have clear knowledge of how and when Storm's resin started to change.

3. Thanks for letting me know your experience with this ;)

4. My boy isn't from 2011, so I realise this doesn't help too much, but my boy is from 2010 and I can honestly say I've not noticed a bit of difference to his resin tone so far. I admit however I hardly ever have him out, because... well I'm a horrible owner and I never got around to getting him a proper faceup, but I'm finally doing that and I have him out almost daily right now, just for a quick check before I put him away in a dark place again, but I do have one recent pic that I took.

I guess I've been lucky because he's mostly been put in a very dark room in an even darker box since he arrived, but since I'm starting to do things with him now, including sending him off for his faceup asap I guess I'll wait to see how he ages and when the above happens to my boy.

Here's a quick pic or two just incase it helps for any reason:
      Sarge (not long after he arrived, excuse the flash)
      Sarge (taken this year, no flash)

Hope that's of some sort of help to you.