1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Ryushin and Barron

Aug 22, 2007

1. I said he looks like a samurai and not all samurai's have two swords. I can comment what I think and I dont need to be hassled cause you dont like the word I used thanks.

2. Dolls are art and art can be interpreted in different ways. Keep that in mind?

I personally see Ryushin as more ninja than samurai. But that's just me. Since I will have one, he is whatever I want him to be. Thats the beauty of ABJD.

3. :love Ryushin is just drop dead gorgeous and now I want the standard edition instead, the full set is nice, but I want the outfit only first. Post pics folks when you get this lovely boy!

4. Hi! I don't mean to be rude or sound rude, but I just wanted to let you know that you are using the word "samurai" incorrectly.

And you never said he looks like a samurai. You said, and I quote directly:

"
      "

You specifically said "samurai", not "the one that looks like a samurai". So...um, you never said he "looks like a samurai". ^^; I'm only "hassling" you because I felt that you're using the term "samurai" incorrectly when you were referring to the dolls. And that annoys me because you could be giving wrong and misleading information to people.

Ah... but if you just found it offensive that I corrected you then, I'm sorry for correcting you. Feel free to comment whatever you like cuz I'm also free to comment whatever I like too. And you're welcome! ;)

Se-chan: Well... I was talking about the outfits, not the dolls. And I agree with you, that dolls are art and they can be whatever you want them to be but I think that's true after a person buys the doll because then it's up to them how they want to handle the doll.

Hm..maybe I should move this topic of distinguishing between "Japanese", "Chinese" and "Korean" outfits to the debate thread. Yes I shall~ :love

I can't wait to see your boys and yours too Mieage! I also like IH's dolls. *confesses* I'm also an addict!!! >w< *joins everyone else* XD

You know...a tanned Barron sounds really good too. *_*

5. I'm not an expert on Japanses history at all, but I thought that the two sword fighting style was conceived by Musashi and not something exclusive to all samurai.

Ethier way, i'd really love it if they started selling the swords as any option (then you could get two). Hmmm... maybe I should ask.

6. Heheh... well, this is getting too far off topic, but I'll be bad and contribute to it...

Samurai usually carried two swords. It was the two swords which marked them as Samurai.

Fighting styles are a different thing--and could vary.

And the first person who was doing the correcting was only trying to say that technically the outfit isn't that of a Samurai. It's really not all that specifically Japanese (=Samurai). It's Asian. I'm not sure beyond that (Chinese? Korean? Fantasy-Asian???).

Anyway--enough of this digression! ;)

----

These dolls are so gorgeous!

I wish I had the money for them. *sigh*

Maybe I can save up and perhaps get a standard??? *double-sigh*

7. Barron is really growing on me a lot. x.x I will be ordering him sooner than I thought I think. I think he will replace Soo Ri for Naota's character. Though I will still keep Soo Ri for something else.

IH is going to own me for a while I think.

8. Welcome to Iplehouse Addicts anonymous :P Well don't feel alone, Ryu is moved up my list the more I look at him...

9. yeah I really like Ryu but honestly...if I add more boys to my resin harem my two girls will be really spoiled....man and I just ordered Freezia too XD

10. Barron, baby, all the way.
      Thank Gawd I'm broke:-0

11. Oh God, I need some crazy scheme to get Barron into my dirty little hands... Barron is so hot... I don't even like silver haired boys usually...

12. I like both of them badly, but I'm leaning more towards Barron... His outfit reminds me of Gackt's. XDDD; T________T Iplehouse makes such nice boys... XD

13. For met it's Barron. Hope there's a basic soon, my first thought was Soo-Ri's older brother too. I like that his eyes are narrower. He looks a little dangerous...

I have no guys in my collection--had Yukinojo but sold him. I just couldn't choose anyone after that, but Barron is really what I've been looking for. Off topic--I love Limhwa's Mano, but I don't want a French Resin guy. I'm afraid whichever man I bring home will be way too popular to spend much time in his box...

14. Basic versions of these are supposed to be available on the 29th. ^.^ If the Barron fullset isnt available when I've paid off Ryushin on my card, I'll just get a basic.

15. All I can say is thank goodness the characters of mine that these boys fit are far enough down my list to make it easier to wait for the basic release. 'Cause with the extra pics up now I love them both.

No, 29th is way too close... I haven't got the money!

16. :blush

I agree... And am I the only one that thinks Barron's outfit looks very much like World of Warcraft-gear? (But the snakeskin is kind of weird).

These boys are so beautiful, I really like Barrons face... the fact that he has a big nose, realistic features and really looks like a boy :aheartbea
      I really was intending to spend my improved income on Senior delf Dion.. (but not until the faceup is back in stock, and hopefully paypal) Either way, I will wait and see when the standard Barron comes ;) He does look related to Dreaming Lion (for some reason I like dreaming Lion and not the standard one, weird?)

17. @Ravnsvart Nope it's not weird. I feel the exact same way. I think the standard version of Lion has eyes that are a tad too big. His features in dreaming lion type is smoother and delish.

Waiting for the basics to release is torture. I wanna buy SooRi now but I can't let myself do it till I see basic Barron and Ryushin first. Don't want to regret later ah, the wait is torture.

18. Bah, now I want a Ryushin. :XD: I think I'll wait for the basic release though, as I'm not totally in love with the outfits or the wig.

19. I'm waiting for Basic Barron and the new makeup of the other basic dolls. I guess they're slowly putting them up. ^^