1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Ian a BJD?

Dec 2, 2006

1. They refer to it in the description as a "fashion doll", and I believe the eyes can't be changed.

So it might not be a BJD.

2. Generically, if it is ball jointed and made of resin then its a resin BJD.

But for the purpose of posting on this board, it's up to the moderators. They can decide if it is stylistically acceptable. Dolls must meet 7 or 8 criteria to be acceptable. However, if a doll does not meet the aesthetic style criteria then it is not acceptable, and only the moderators can decide that.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42407

Among the criteria is that the doll must be resin, must be strung, must have 2+ part head with changeable eyes, and must be "Consistent with the style of other dolls presently allowed in terms of facial and body proportioning and overall aesthetic style."

Carolyn

3. If you buy it, it may or may not be acceptable on DoA. There have been other dolls who meet all of the criteria except the "Consistent with the style" (which is decided by the moderators) and failing that one criteria alone keeps a doll off DoA even if they meet all 7 other criteria.

The guy's hot, but his proportions are pretty close to a fashion doll.

Carolyn

4. I think part of the question is - if he is not acceptable here according to criteria, would that keep you from purchasing him? If you like him anyway, then purchase him.

Another thing to take into consideration - you do have acceptable resin dolls already and if you photograph this guy with them, with the majority of the photos being of acceptable resin, the rules do allow that. You just cannot make any entries with just him as the sole subject, like a photostory.

The following doll types are considered off-topic for DoA:

~ Barbies, Licca/Jenny, Blythe/Pullip, Volks and Obitsu 1/6th and any other 1/6th fashion doll (regardless of country of origin)
      ~ Figure Kits (regardless of having poseable parts, i.e. Volks Customize Kits)
      ~ Gashapon or other capsule-toy figurines
      ~ Fashion dolls, such as Sybarites and RnD Angels

These things are admissible in discussion or photography in conjunction with on-topic dolls. For example, a photo showing your ball-jointed doll with a figure kit or 1/6th doll is perfectly fine! As is a question asking if a certain figure or toy would make a good accessory for your doll, as are clothes-swapping topics. But a thread that's just about a 27cm dollfie would be off topic, same for a post that was soley about any of the "off-topic" dolls listed above.

5. he seems to follow enough of the criteria to count. i agree that it's basically up to the moderators to make a final decision on it. though, for myself, i don't see why he wouldn't be allowed since he does seem to have the capacity for changeable eyes, even if you'd have to do a bit of mod-ing for this to happen.

on a random and personal note. love the face. absolutely stunning... but am i the only one that thinks his body is totally awkward?

6. No, I do think his body leaves something to be desired. I think it might be how thin his legs are? I'm more interested in the girl right now- I think she'd make a great companion for my Tae :aheartbea

7. Even if it's decided they're not up for discussion, I believe you can still post pictures of them as long as they're with 'on-topic' dolls. I know lots of people have posted pics of their BJDs with blythes and pullip~ :)

And I agree, if you like him, go for it! :D

8. I don't think a Unoa model would ever get rejected stylistically.

Carolyn

9. Sorry, Hautelier dolls Miso and Ian do not fit the DoA criteria and will be considered off-topic here as they fall in fashion doll category.

We encourage people to buy these dolls if they are interested in them, but to please understand and respect that they are off-topic and can not be posted on DoA.

Thank you!

I am closing this thread.