1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it worth it to sell a fullset with missing pieces?

May 8, 2016

1. I'm thinking of selling one of my Littlefee fullsets, but it's been two years and it's missing a couple little pieces. I would, of course, knock a bit off the price because of this, but I'm not sure if it would be worth it to sell. So what I'm asking is this, would you buy a fullset you liked, if it were missing a few non-key pieces like an eyepatch or a wristband?

2. I think for me it'd depend on the fullset. If it wasn't a particularly important piece and I didn't really plan on using it much anyway, then I probably wouldn't mind buying an incomplete set if the price was lower than a complete one. If it was a piece I really wanted then I would rather wait and see if I can find a complete set, since getting just one or two tiny things from a fullset might be challenging later. I guess it's worth trying? Different people want different things after all, maybe you'll find someone who feels the same way I do and doesn't care too much about the specific pieces your set is missing.

3. I wouldn't want to buy it, to be honest. Fullset's merit for me is it being a complete, company produced original design. An eye patch missing would drive me crazy!

4. I'd still buy it as long as the missing piece wasn't my favorite part and/or I didn't have any desire to use that piece, anyway. I def' think your set it worth selling, as long as you fully disclose the missing pieces and price accordingly.

5. The price tag would take a hit, and you probably shouldn't sell it under the label "fullset". However, I'm positive someone would buy! Give it a shot!

6. Thanks for your input guys, I'm going to be looking extra hard in my dolly clothes horde in the hope that the pieces turn up, but if they don't, I'll definitely be disclosing that they're missing and pricing to reflect that

7. You might also consider accepting splits. Full sets don't mean anything to me, since I haven't found one yet that is worth buying for me. So someone might be willing to buy just the doll or just the clothing pieces as well.

8. I think it depends on the person. Sometimes I like pieces from a fullset, but not necessarily the doll itself so it would be easier for me to find them in a split. Other times I'm only looking at the doll and the clothes/accessories don't interest me. But there are times where I'm like, "I need everything in that full set now~" So really, anything goes when putting up your fullset, so be open to possibilities maybe?

9. I think it's absolutely okay, i was thinking about it many times, because i often like only some parts of fullset and would rather prefer some of them to be missing - especially when i for example lie the makeup-hair-accessories and dislike the outfit which costs the most) surely, for every fullsel girl there must be a person who doesn't need the fullset to be complete

10. theoriticaly speaking If it's only some eyepatch or a wristband, why not
      I dont like eyepatches and making an wristband should be easy
      And another thing is avilability of missing parts, if i can buy that/similar part then its not a problem

11. Defiantly depends on the full set in question. I can't see minding in most cases. If the missing parts are fairly simple, I wouldn't care, the only way I would care is if the eye patch or wrist band was a key item. However, if I wanted the doll, most likely I wouldn't care about what outfit came with them. As long as they where in good condition, the clothing would just be a bonus!