1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it "wrong" to let younger kids have BJDs?

Oct 26, 2009

1. I am 15,almost 16, and i have one full doll and a floating head. I am extremely careful with them, and i appreciate them as artwork pieces and my "family" but keep in mind i have been taught to be respectful, mature, and careful. Plus i have had other dolls similar of this nature. I think as long as the person realizes that these are exspensive dolls, and are not to be thrown around, or hard play like alot of children do with fashion dolls from toy stores . It just depends on the maturity of the person and the gentleness. I will not lie , i do speak for my dolls on occasion , only because paisley is a sweetheart and arizona is a tough on the outside softie xD.

2. I can't really say for sure or not if I'd give my nephews bjd in the future, since they're only 6 months old and 2 years old. Not s great time to predict how they'll treat things. But I don't think it's unreasonable for a child that shows enough care for the things they own to be given one.

3. It's not so much an age issue as a maturity or understanding issue :) as some parents in this thread have said, they instilled respect and care for BJDs into their children when they were young, so they know how to treat them. They must not be allowed to be thrown around and such like some other toys, but if a kid understands that and wants one, I don't see why they shouldn't have one.

4. It depends on the child, and the doll. I don't think I'd let a two year old near my girls, but I've taken my girls with me to my Mother's place of work (a mental health clinic) and, most of the times, the kids are fantastic around them. I, in order to change one of them into wearing a T-shirt, had to take a doll's head off, and a young girl actually managed to figure out how to do that on her own to change the doll back into a frilly dress.
      It's a silly thing to be impressed with but, given that I had to google how to get her head off, it's something to admire. She treated my girls very well, and I would be entirely comfortable with her playing with them for a while.

5. I'd be uncomfortable letting most children around my dolls. (My sister-in-law is only 10, and I panic a little when she tries to pick them up.) But I've met children of members of my community who have their own dolls, and that's fantastic!
      I think, if a parent wants to shell out for a doll and isn't worried about it possibly going to waste later, let them. An executive at my wife's company had given a doll to their ~11 year old (an iplehouse EID, brand new in around 2009?), and the child got bored of it at some point. The executive wound up throwing the doll at my wife's office where it suffered 4-5 years of makeup trials and acetone scrubbing. We tried to save it (since they planned to get rid of it), but it wound up chucked down the garbage chute. Most disappointing end of a doll I've ever seen. So like. If they want to spend several hundred on a doll, just to have it eventually chucked in the garbage? Whatever. That's their thing.
      (I'm still heartbroken by that ending, though.)

6. I have dolls and I want to be mother in 5 years from now and I always talk with my fiancé about my dolls and our future kids. He often asks me if I would let our children touch my dolls when they are little and I always say it is no problem if we succeed on teaching how to handle things with care.
      About getting them a doll, I would wait till they are a little older so they can se if they are really interested.