1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is "oregano" smoke bad for a BJD?

Oct 20, 2018

1. I used medical marijuana (legally duh) and my dolls are out in the open where the smoke will touch them.
      Would this decrease the value of a BJD? The smell does not stick like tobacco so I'm curious if it could decrease value of a BJD. Is it also important to include it in sales posts like you do with tobacco?

2. I would imagine it would still stain clothes and resin from the smoke. I would want someone to tell me if a doll was in an area that was prone to smoke, be it "oregano" or otherwise. Maybe keep them in a separate room when you medicate? Because I know I can smell it on people when they aare walking around after smoking it. But I also have a very sensitive nose.

3. Personally I think all types of smoking should be included in sales descriptions. Some people are a lot more sensitive to smoke than others are (asthma/allergy/ect)

If you want to you can note the type of smoke in the item description.

4. I don’t know how you smoke it, but the smell of marijuana can stick to objects. I worked at Gamestop and the smell would be on the game cases and the consoles.

5. Yes it will effect and potentially damage the dolls. Pot smell will cling to plastic goods- and resin is a plastic- and any form of smoke will accumulate on dolls and cause staining and smell. If selling dolls you should certainly be marking them as from a smoking household.

6. Better safe than sorry, I would mention it in any sales description. Even if it’s pretty benign I would want to know before buying, same with any other kind of smoke.

7. Agh. Flashback to Gamestop manager days. Yes, the smell definitely lingers.
      Like the others have said, it's definitely something to note. Some people do have pretty bad allergies- I know "oregano" would give me raging migraines back when I worked at Gamestop- and with the dolls being made of resin, it is going to absolutely absorb that smell and the smoke over time (which can stain). :pout:

8. Just stick to edibles. Smoke of any kind isn’t great for them and it will affect their resale value. If you must smoke I suggest doing it outside and washing your hands before handling your dolls.

9. weed smell most deff sticks, i don't care that you do it but i know that if i got a doll and it wasn't disclosed i know i'd smell it and be super angry

10. Just disclose that you smoked weed near them. I know that, many like me, wouldn't mind buying a doll that came from a smoking household. I don't smoke weed, but I occasionally smoke cigarettes (away from my dolls entirely). For me, it doesn't decrease the value, though I understand it might for others.

11. A doll that smells like weed could be a totally an interesting item to buy XD

12. Weed definitely does damage. I know someone who smoked weed in his room and when they moved, he took down his posters and you could see how much lighter the wall was behind it from the smoke. The smell lingers and the smoke does stain.

13. Definitely mention it when selling. It might mean some potential buyers will avoid buying the doll, but honestly that's better than hiding the fact, then having a problem transaction opened or claim filed against you for not disclosing that info. Some people are very allergic to it, it can stain a doll, and it can transfer the smell to others' homes. Any smoke can discolor things around it, I've even seen a wall discolored from incense and candles burned nearby. There will still be other buyers who really won't mind at all, and it may not lower the value to them. Being upfront and honest is the most important thing.

14. I think like with cigarettes not only is it a curtesy thing, but it's also a necessary thing to mention for the sake of others mental and physical health. People with asthma, autism that effects sensory sensitivity, former/ recovering addicts or just someone with general bad memories tied up to the smell could be harmed by you not disclosing the environment you're in.

15. Don't smoke anything inside, it's disgusting. If you are a smoker you can't smell it yourself.

Smoke wrecks everything, it doesn't really matter what the smoke comes from.

16. Thanks for your opinion! I don't plan on selling any of my current dolls but its good to know for future reference

tbh one of my dolls is a weed fairy

#16 Biku_27, Oct 21, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2018
    17. The smell of marijuana definitely does get absorbed by plastic (resin) and fabric/fiber (doll clothing, doll wigs, etc). It's really no different than tobacco smoke in this situation and should be handled exactly the same: clearly state that anything you may choose to sell has been exposed to smoke. There are people who won't mind buying an item with smoke exposure, and there are those who have sensitivities and will mind. I myself get a raging headache from the smell of marijuana and would be really unhappy with the seller if I bought a doll not knowing that it had been around smoke of any kind, got it out of the box, and smelled that.

18. It will absolutely damage the resin, stink like skunk cabbage and lower the value I would be willing to pay for a doll, since de-stanking them is a dreadful amount of work and you can't ever really get the stuff out- resin is porous.
      For safety reasons, You absolutely MUST disclose your use of smoked products in the household when you sell something, as an unwary and sensitive buyer could be given horrific health issue flares if you do not warn them that everything in/from your house has a permeation of smoked compounds.