1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Serendipity doll closing?

Apr 2, 2008

1. I just read in an ebay auction that they are closing. Does anyone know for sure if this is true? I was hoping to order a Cumi next year.
      Any info appreciated:)
      Thanks, Mary

2. I think I've read this on the Unoa Hybrid thread also, as many people like to use a Serendipity body....

3. This reply was posted on their English website in response to a restocking question:

Hello,
      Serendipity English web-site will close in near future.
      therefore we will not re-stock our goods.
      Thank you!

I'm sad...I was going to order another body for my Lusis faceplate, because I love the one I have for my Sist. I guess I'll have to find another body to use for my hybrid dollie :(

4. I was thinking, how can the Serendipity body possibly work for Unoa then I remembered they have a darker skintone choice as well. Standard Serendipity (Pinky white) would never match.

I'm really sad they are closing the English shop, I wonder why

5. Yeah, I ordered the normal skin tone and it's an almost perfect match. A smidgen yellower than Unoa, but not bad. All my other dolls are white skin color, so the normal may seem yellow in comparison.

6. Sorry for the delay. I'm new here & I couldn't find this thread again! LOL

Here it is:
      I hope it works.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Serendipity-tin...ryZ84635QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mary

7. It was the old Serendipity Sharmine body ...it was perfect
      the new resin wasnt as good at all

sad ,I love the old Aga ...but they never restocked those :(
      glad I got my Candy

8. The new resin "normal" was a decent match for Unoa 1.5. Several people used the 14yr body (not the same as the old body).

I hate to see Serendipity go. My first BJD was Sharmin. They had gorgeous dolls. I think their main problem was that they never quite hit it right on sizes. Their minis usually looked slimmer and smaller-headed than most others - I think they didn't quite mix right. Gorgeous resin and construction though - very good sculpts.

Carolyn

9. I saw this too - my serendipity charles girl, Charlie, has an AWESOME body with just amazing posing. I am so sorry to see them closing! I do wonder why. I hope they are all okay.

10. They specifically said the ENGLISH website. I wonder if they meant that they're still going to produce dolls, but not maintain an international website anymore?

11. I hope that maybe they will form a new company or sell through a company like Dollndoll or Luts.

Carolyn