1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a company that compares evenly with FL posing?

Jun 14, 2017

1. I have yet to purchase my first bjd. Originally I was looking at Resin Soul and Bobobie due to price and my impatience. However, I started looking at Fairyland and I'm hooked. I like the reviews I've seen on their ability to pose and also their aesthetic. I was very disappointed to realize that for some things (satyr legs specifically) they seem to do very limited runs. I've only known about BJD for two days. I'm not rich, but I can deal with the cost. I'm asking the above question to broaden my horizons and get a bit more perspective.

David...

2. For posing I would recommend Dollzone, I had one of their newer MSD bodies and it poses like a dream. It's not the same aesthetic as FL, but I think that body has a wider range of poses that it can do compared to FL.

Also, I just received a Resinsoul doll with the single jointed body and it poses well, stands solid, but doesn't have the same range of poses as the other two. I can't speak for their double jointed bodies though.

3. Loongsoul also has very good posers as well as fantasy style dolls

4. I'll start looking at them. Thank you for the info.

5. I can higly recommend Atelier Momoni + dolls, Momoni & Momonita. Personally I think that they pose way better than minifees and hold poses easier without sueding or wireing. The variety in posing is extremely wide! But it really depends what do you want from the body.
      I really like aesthetics better of the Momoni/Mominita body than minifee body. But it's just a personal preference :)

I have heard that some say that the new fairyline body poses better than the new a-line body :O But I can't say nothing much to that, since I've only had 4 minifees. 2 with b-line bodies and 2 with the old a-line. Somaybe someone with personal knowledge can help out with that.

I also prefer that my old Luts Kid delf poses so much better than my minifees ever did :"D It's easier to handle, sturdier and can hold the natural poses way better than minifees without any help of sueding or wireing. But things that I want to my dolls to be able to do are fairly minimalist and I'm not looking for the most extreme posers.

6. For limited run dolls, you can still buy them secondhand. Wait til you have forty posts, then apply for marketplace access.

7. From reading up on RS, they seem very able to make spare and custom parts for custom orders, so you may luck in with those satyr feet yet.

8. The Fairyland sculptors really are amazing and there isn't anything else quite like their stuff. But there are definitely more dolls out there that can pose well! My criteria for a great poser is probably not as strict as some people: I want the doll to be able to sit upright, stand solidly, be able to touch their face, and generally have their limbs and head stay where I put them. Out of the dolls I own, the bodies that fall into that category are Fairyland Feeple60, Peakswoods Dandy, Luts Delf boy type 4, and Luts Senior Delf girl type 3. These are all SD size bodies, which are roughly 60cm.

9. I have heard good things about Ringdoll. I have no experience with them, but it could be an option to research further if they seem interesting.
      Next I do not know how what you feel about vinyl. Volks Dollfie Dream is great for posing, but you won't find much in the department of fantasy/non-human parts.

10. the rs single jointed bodies pose fine though may need some sueding to encourage more friction to hold poses. the double jointed arms are horrible and I hate them. They spin around and just arghhh.
      The satyr legs have a locking mechanism but the dolls are a bit topheavy so it's really hard to get them to stand without a hidden stand or something. Part of this is the huge magnets in the head for the horns but the other part is that digigrade legs throw the balance of the whole doll off anyway by thrusting the upper body forward. The centre of gravity is all borked as a result. They CAN stand with their legs in this locked position but it's not easy and takes ages to balance them. If you don't put them into the digigrade position and they're just straight legs they stand absolutely fine but man, what's the point of that? lol.

However they are the cheapest option for a lot of fantasy parts like hooves.

People often will sell the fairyland fantasy parts secondhand, often just the parts not the whole doll too so worth looking at that if you have your heart set on a fairyland. Heck, you could even look into hybridding but that's a bit trickier.

11. I am hoping that's an option that will work for me. I wanted to make sure I had a good understanding of what was available.

12. Fairyland is the top notch in posing, but if you only care about standing and some simple poses, then many companies will work for you. But if you want can stand on one foot then FL is pretty much the King in that.

13. Magic time bjds are known for being like FL

14. I own a Ringdoll and she is an amazing poser (dunno how she compares to FL though). My resin Volks and Luts girls can't compare and she stomps my iplehouse old YID into the dust. She can wear crazy high heels in her flat feet which my Volks and Iplehouse girl can't wear in their heel shoes.

That said, my dollfie dreams are by far my best posers. Having a skeleton vs string is almost like cheating in that department.

15. I recently read a review that showed both Dollzone and Withdoll as being superior in posing to Fairyland. At least I think it was Withdoll, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

As someone who owns a Loongsoul 1/4 girl, I can attest that they pose very nicely, although I don't own a Fairyland to compare it to.