1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there such thing as being TOO picky with your first doll?

Dec 5, 2010

1. Definately take Muisje's advice on the list and going to meets.

There is no such thing as being too picky. It took me four years to finally bite the bullet and pick one. I knew when I saw her that I was absolutely in love, even after wavering on her for a few months.

Make a list of sculpts you like, then come back and search the database here and the galleries to see the possibilites of how each doll can look.

Good luck!

2. no. it's your first doll and you are spending your own money. be SUPER picky!

3. Try not to get too picky over price - this is your first one. If you're going to pick one, pick a good one. Crobidolls aren't actually that expensive.

But if you just can't find a doll you want to spend your money on, then keep looking. It's worth it to keep looking - you'll find it sooner or later.

4. when I was looking around for dolls it was "love at first sight" so now I'm collecting money for that doll. after finding him I was still searching but non of the other companies' dolls looked better than my "first love" :)

5. Oh blah, I did that too, it was very annoying. Took me aaaages before I found one that clicked with me, and to make it more annoying it was one that I had looked at ages before and written off! I am a picky person, but I think for a doll it's worth it - I think she'll be perfect.

Now I just need to try and find a name.... good thing it takes them so long to make them, I am the pickiest person on the planet when it comes to naming things!

6. It took me five years to find a doll that tipped me over the edge of just wanting a BJD and into buying a BJD.

I know it's hard to get past the idea that you might buy a doll only to find you love another one the next day but that's the way of the hobby... and why so many BJD owners have so many dolls. You may want to get your Grandmother familiar with the idea that BJD owners buy and sell dolls until they are sure they have the right one - sight unseen you can't be sure if a doll is 100% right. You can always sell a doll and take your money and buy another one which can be much harder when said doll is a gift from Mom or Grandma.

7. Nope, we're all just trying to find THE first doll and not regret it as first choice. When I found the perfect mold, it was sold out and wouldn't be re-released so I hoped and waited. I was then looking for the next best first doll. My sister just said to pick the cheapest one but with bjds it's "Once you're in, might as well go all the way." (If you really want that high priced mold, then make sure you really want it -look at the head without the faceup-, and get it)
      But then a few months after it was sold out, I was lurking the marketplace and then someone put him up for sale and lo and behold, I got him and never regret not getting anyone else.

8. I know what dolls I'd like to have, then i just don't know if its really what I want. I've been going back and forth for a year and a half now chasing the idea of six or eight different dolls. Its kinda of being pick then again I wish i could just buy all the ones I want at once.