1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Issues with Flickr

May 14, 2019

1. I am trying to load photos from Flickr and I've done the above steps (Thank you @phanuel and @beamlette for the tips!) but once I hit insert I get a huge pop up that says I am blocked with code: Cloudflare Ray ID: 5c4068cf5ace9fbe I've been able to close it out and continue but my photos don't load. I've gotten some as a link for now but trying to fix. Any tips? Maybe I am missing something? Or its a new thing with Flickr?

2. @Dorei, I'm sorry you're having problems with using Flickr. I noticed it's been a year since I posted my method for photo loading, and so far I haven't had any problems. It may depend on your browser or devices, too. When I post photos I use my desktop PC, with Chrome browser. My Apple devices (iPhone, iPad) are too fiddly for me.

3. Oh gosh I didnt even notice the date haha. I will try another browser (was using firefox on pc).

4. I’ve been here on DOA forever and would like to use FlickR for photo hosting. Have a lot of pics there. But … is it possible to do the posting using an iPhone, and from the FlickR app? Can anyone give me a brief tutorial. I will only be using my phone for this. If not FlickR, post image? Or? Thanks in advance.

5. @Eacretp I upload them all from my phone via the app, but I don't think the app is equipped with coding text-style sharing methods, so once I have all my photos uploaded I go to a computer and just copy and paste! If you are only using a phone, your phone's browser in desktop mode should allow you to do the same thing, I hope!

I may need to have a look at my individual photos' settings, because some of them suddenly stopped working the other day but others are fine, in the same post and same flickr upload even!

6. I know that this is old, but thank you so, so, SO much! I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this to work and was giving up hope. You're the best! :D

7. You are a lifesaver, I couldn't figure what went wrong with posting photos. Thank you for this solution. :sumomo:

8. @Deifilia , you're welcome, I'm happy it helped you.

9. It kind of feels like Flickr is a bit of a ghost town these days as far as interacting with others over there.\
      I recently got active again here and Flickr has been working smoothly for me. Hoping all the things I've posted here don't end up as broken links. That is to say, I hope Flickr doesn't decide to change things going forward from this date.

10. @DaughterofEden, Instagram took away a lot of people from Flickr (as well as other photo-host reliant chat boards), and didn't help themselves by trying to push people into Pro (paid) accounts and limiting space and content on free accounts.

Unfortunately every service everywhere insists on changes, good or bad. I think they do it just because they can, and they frankly don't care if they inconvenience people. Wish there was a way to inconvenience those people in turn, and tell them, "Too bad, so sad." :sneaky