1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

JpopDolls Feedback (ALL)

Dec 17, 2008

1. JpopDolls Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

2. * What did you order? 1 Jpop wig in 7-8 and 2 Puki wigs
      * When did you order? Jan 11th 2009
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Yes
      * How was the communication? Direct but I get good service.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? Arrived on 17th so 6 days.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? NA
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes as they have great wigs as well as other great stuff.

3. * What did you order? Monique Gold Label; Jojo; Strawberry/Gold Auburn 8/9 Wig
      * When did you order? Jan 8th
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Direct
      * How was the communication? Friendly and Good :)
      * How easy was it to pay? Yep! Very easy transaction. :3
      * How long did it take to ship? Only a few days. I'd say 4-5 excluding non-work days. xD
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely. I bought a wig from the at Dollectables '08 for another doll of mine.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Not really. It's a wig so variation can occur. But it looks great nontheless. It's similiar.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yep. <3 I can't wait to use it for my future doll! :D
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? xxx
      * Would you order from this company again? Of course. They have great wigs and colors! >w<!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? It depends if the second-hand is cheaper and condition is good. But not likely. =x

4. *WHAT DID YOU ORDER? Jpop wig in Shae size 7-8
      *WHEN DID YOU ORDER? January 14th (they had an internet coupon for 25%)
      *DID YOU ORDER DIRECT FROM COMP/DISTRIBUTOR OR DEALER? Direct
      *HOW WAS THE COMMUNICATION? Easy
      *HOW EASY WAS IT TO PAY? Took me straight to my Paypal
      *HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO SHIP? 5-7 days
      *WAS THE QUALITY APPROPRIATE FOR THE PRICE? Always happy :)
      *DID THE ITEM LOOK LIKE THE SALES PICTURES? Similar. I style the wig.
      *WERE YOU SATISFIED WITH THE PRODUCT? Always
      *WOULD YOU ORDER FROM THIS COMAPANY AGAIN? Definitely
      *WOULD YOU BUY THIS COMPANY'S PRODUCTS SECOND-HAND? Probably not

Definitely a :goldstar:goldstar:goldstar:goldstar:goldstar rating! :sumomo:

5. What did you order?

[​IMG]

When did you order?

3 February 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?

Directly.

How was the communication?

Confusing. There was no option to contact their shipping department on their email form, but otherwise the response time was under 24 hours.

How easy was it to pay?

Ordering took me directly to Paypal.

How long did it take to ship?

Twenty days. The item was a preorder, hence the amount of time between placing the order and recieving my purchase.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?

No.

[​IMG]

I don't recall owning another Jpop wig where the elastic cap is so exposed by poor wefting (is that the proper term?).

Did the item look like the sales pictures?

Well, the style of the wig was correct ... but this is what I recieved.

[​IMG]

Were you satisfied with the product?

Yes and no. The wig doesn't look too bad on the doll it's intended for, despite being the wrong color. The quality could have been better though.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?

Not worth my time and effort to pursue a replacement.

Would you order from this company again?

This was my first time ordering through their web storefront, but I have ordered from Jpopdolls in the past through Ebay. I've had no issues with any of my Ebay orders.

I saw the Saesha Kanawaves wig was in the color and style I wanted, and it was a preorder at the time I placed my order. It's a little disappointing to have recieved the wrong color and questionable quality in return.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

Yes, since I still do like most of their wigs, despite this screw-up. I do have a preorder for four pairs of glass eyes during the preorder promotion, and I seriously hope they do not do this to me again.

6. * What did you order? Jpop Kana Pure 6-7"
      * When did you order? 10/02/09
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? From the Jpopdoll Website.
      * How was the communication? Entirely automated and it wasn't really clear when my order shipped.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, did it by paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? 12 working days but it was an international order.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Not the wigs but I don't like buying second-hand wigs in general.

7. I ordered two Jpop wigs, size 6-7. Waited for my package, finally contacted them and was told the mailman didn't pick up the packages to mail. Two days later I recieved a shipping notice, so they were not shipped when I was told. The quality for the price is bad--cheap, slimy feeling wigs, for 27.00 each. I will not buy from them again.

8. * What did you order?
      ShinyDOLL Thassa II Nanae w/ faceup
      * When did you order?
      1/7/2009
      Directly
      Great. Ended up ordering through e-mail since the exact item I wanted wasn't listed on the website.
      Payed through paypal and that went fine except for some delays I had on my side with paypal.

Shipped from Japan on 12th to them, then shipped to me and I got it on 22nd
      Yes. The doll was perfect. The default wig wasn't much to my taste in color but that was expected.
      Yes. Better even.
      Yes.
      Yes.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes.

9. * What did you order?
      Kana long blush 7-8
      * When did you order?
      March 9th
      Directly through the company.
      I didn't ask any questions, but I got messages when the order had been shipped with tracking. :)
      Paypal. Simple and easy.
      It shipped out on the 11th, and then arrived today on the 13th.
      It's a very lovely item and it looks beautiful on my girl. Yes, it was very well worth it. I checked to see if there was any wefting issues, but I found none.
      Exactly.
      Yes! However, on their ebay site (and i believe their main site) it says that it'll stretch to fit an 8.5 size head. My girl's head is exactly 8.5 and it's very difficult to get on. It might just be a quirk with the AOD headcaps being larger on the top than the faceplate. I did manage to get it on there and stay. So I'll be keeping it. I really wish the 8-9 in the same color was in stock.
      Company didn't get involved. n_n I'll just make sure to order 8-9 for her in the future if I buy again (which I likely will)
      Definately.
      Yes I would. :D

10. What did you order?

Four pairs of glass eyes during Jpopdoll's preorder event. The four were ordered as two separate orders.

When did you order?

8 February and 16 February 2009

Jpopdolls was acting as distributor for the manufactuer of these eyes, and I hope that she continues doing so for as long as possible.

Email form was a little confusing but Jpopdolls responded quickly when I realized I made a mistake on my order and assured me that the error would be noted and corrected at shipping. It was.

How easy was it to pay?

Order form went straight to Paypal, so it was very easy.

I recieved the eyes on 25 March, so little over a month. No fuss, and the wait is understandable and worth it.

Very. I like the price Jpop has for these eyes. I ordered them at the introductory price of $8.50 a pair, but I would gladly pay more for these eyes. I hope Jpopdolls plans to offer more varieties of eyes from the manufactuer in the future.

They're a little lighter than in the sample pictures, but I'm not fussed. They're still lovely.

Color HA-21:
      [​IMG]

What's really cool about these eyes is that they have a genuine "track around the room" effect. No matter which way I tilt my doll's head, it seems her pupils are still fixed on me.

Oh hell yes.

As noted, I made an error with one of the orders initially, selecting 10mm instead of 16mm. Jpopdolls responded to my email quickly and sent me the correct size eye.She also combined my orders as requested.

I plan to as soon as I finish gathering some more funds together after my Soom Lazule breaks the bank. :doh I need wigs for the boy.

Most definitely.

11. I ordered a couple of pairs of glass eyes in the first batch of pre-orders back in February. I got the automated 'Order Complete' notice on March 23rd. When the package hadn't arrived by April 7th I emailed them and got the response back that due to sickness the packages were mailed late and mine should show up any day now.

It never did and Jpopdolls never responded to any further enquiries.

This was sent by International Air Mail so there's no tracking and I'm not expecting any refunds. It's just seriously annoying that they won't even respond to my asking if the package had been returned to them.

ETA I finally got my eyes. The package was post-marked two days after I made this post, so I think posting a complaint to this thread is pretty effective if you're still waiting on your eyes as well.

They're really gorgeous eyes but one pair is not the colour I ordered. Since they are really pretty and it's been such a pain to contact Jpopdolls I haven't attempted to resolve the issue.

12. * What did you order? Two sets of eyes from pre-order.
      * When did you order? March 23rd 09
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? direct
      * How was the communication? The communication was good when I emailed about shipping and packaging problems.
      * How easy was it to pay? yes. paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? 4 days
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? For these kind of eyes, yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? see below.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? see below
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? One set of eyes arrived. The other set was out of stock, and I am told I was supposed to get a note about it, but didn't. Apparently they were shipped by temporary help. They had some damage, from being bumped around in transit. I emailed Jpopdolls, of course, willing to communicate. The correspondence was polite, and apologetic. The problem was resolved privately. : )
      * Would you order from this company again? I am not sure.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? N/A

13. * What did you order? Two pairs of glass eyes during the Feb-March preorder event.
      * When did you order? March 27
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly.
      * How was the communication? Non-existent. One email bounced back as undeliverable, the other two emails to different listed addresses went unanswered.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? One and a half months.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? No idea, they never arrived.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Never arrived so I don't know.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? N/A
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They didn't. Nobody answered my emails about where my order is.
      * Would you order from this company again? No.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? N/A.

This was my first and probably last time ordering from JPopDolls. I don't expect to see my money, merchandise or any more communication from them.

14. * What did you order?
      Order #1 + 1.5: Kana Waves, 6/7, Color: Syma; Winds, 7/8, Color: Vanilla

Order #2
      Kana, 6/7, Color: Devious; Glass eyes: HA-01 (silver-gray, 14mm), HA-021 (apple green, 14mm), A16 (warm gray w/ tan rings on the outer edge of the iris, 14mm), HA-08 (dark green, 16mm),

* When did you order? March-ish and late May '09
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? The two Kana wigs and the eyes came from the site. I purchased the Winds style wig directly from Grael, here on DOA. It was not listed as in-stock on the site at the time.

* How was the communication? I received notifications for everything, from confirmation to order shipping. I also had no problems contacting them when I had issues regarding my orders. *see Note Below

* How easy was it to pay? Very. I love that they use Paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? I usually received my orders in 3/4 business days.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, I've been thrilled with all of the items I've received. The eyes I purchased are an especially great value - lovely glass eyes for the cost of a pair of cheap acrylics.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? The wigs - yes. The eyes definitely do not look like the sales photos, especially the A16. The stock photo is horrid, I was really nervous about buying these (they ended up being my favorite pair of eyes). The HA-021 don't really match either, the photo shows a much lighter lime color. The eyes are actually much nicer in person. Jpop really needs to update their eye stock images.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very. I was especially pleased with how soft the wigs were.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes.

* NOTE:There were a couple of small bugs when I ordered. One wig that I ordered was accidentally sent in the wrong size and an eye color I ordered ended up out of stock. It's nothing that I'd hold against them because the situations were handled very professionally and promptly. In the case of the too-large wig I actually received the replacement before I could send back the one that was wrong.

Rating: :goldstar:goldstar:goldstar:goldstar 3/4 (out of 5)

15. * What did you order? 3 Puki size wigs and 2 pair of 8mm glass eyes
      * When did you order? July 16 arrived July 20
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Company
      * How was the communication? Good
      * How easy was it to pay? Extremely easy
      * How long did it take to ship? 4 days (with a weekend in there)
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Better than price - all are excellent
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes!
      * Would you order from this company again? In a heartbeat
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Probably

Positive Five Stars from me - good prices, nice quality, fast shipping

16. * What did you order?
      5 pairs of eyes (all in stock according to jpopdolls' site).

* When did you order?
      5th of July.

Directly from the company.

Well, 5 days after I received a shipping notice for my order (which was on July 9th), I suddenly got a refund for one of the pairs of eyes I ordered. Apparently, they were out of stock. It caught me on a bad day, and I sent an angry email to Jpopdolls about it. They answered promptly, and though I wasn't entirely satisfied with their answer, I left it at that.

Oh very easy. Paypal.

I have no idea. I got the mail saying the order was completed on July 9th, but the tracking never updated. Just got the package today.

Yes.

Colors are more vivid in real life.

Yes, finally.

I actually got the eyes that I was refunded for, so...

Maybe. Not for a while though.

Possibly, though I prefer to buy directly from companies whenever I can.

17. * What did you order?
      2 pairs of 16mm glass eyes
      * When did you order?
      Monday, July 20
      fine, received order and shipping emails
      very easy with PayPal
      Arrived on Thursday the 23rd
      yes
      There were multiple pairs of eyes on the site that looked to be the same colour, and as I couldn't figure out which best matched the colour I wanted (and in fact couldn't tell the difference between two different pairs of eyes based on the pics) I chose to buy two distinctly different ones that I thought were about right. When they arrived, the colour of both was more towards the violet end of blue, which I wasn't expecting, but one of the two pairs was still enough of a true blue that that pair worked.
      Yes, though in truth neither of the pairs were exactly the colour I thought I was ordering.
      Yes, I love their wigs. ^^ The eyes are very nice, but better, consistently lit photos that show the true colour of each type of eyes would help.
      Yes, but if it's something that is still in stock I would be more likely to buy it directly from the site itself.

18. What did you order?
      Two Puki/Fidelia sized wigs.

When did you order?
      15th July 2009.

Direct.

It was fine :)

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy via Paypal.

Arrived 30th July but we had four UK postal strikes during that period so the wigs would normally have arrived earlier. I've always found JpopDolls shipping times to be just fine.

Very much so. I'm really happy with them.

Yes. Darling wigs :)

Very much so.

N/a.

Definitely.

I rarely buy wigs secondhand. I'd rather buy new but, yes, if the product was well cared for, I'd buy it.

19. * What did you order? ShinyDoll Akali in normal skin w/ faceup

* When did you order? July 22 2009

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? JpopDolls is a ShinyDoll distributor

* How was the communication? Very good!

* How easy was it to pay? Paypal was quick & easy

* How long did it take to ship? I got her on August 3 2009 :o quite fast considering I requested a custom faceup & she had to come all the way from Japan to JpopDolls, then to me

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very much so, she's a lovely doll. The best resin I've ever seen!!

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? She's even prettier & more expressive

* Were you satisfied with the product? YES!

* Would you order from this company again? I plan on it!

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, of course!

20. * What did you order?
      8/9 Kana wig in Burnt Cherry​
      * When did you order?
      Tuesday, August 11th​
      Direct through Jpop​
      They notified me of my purchase right away, but otherwise there was no need for communication.​
      Incredibly, it took me straight to paypal at checkout​
      Not long at all! It was shipped within 24 hours and I received it today on Thursday, August 13th. Talk about fast!​
      It's even nicer than I imagined it would be. The wig itself is so soft, it's almost real feeling. I originally bought it with the intent to cut shorter but I'm actually afraid to ruin it!​
      Yep, better even.​
      Very much so. <3
      n/a​
      Of course, I just need to find an excuse to buy another wig. ;D​
      Sure, why not. It's always exciting to buy things 'brand new' though.​