Keeping your doll dustfree

Apr 18, 2018

1. Since I don't have anything to really put my girl I just leave her on a table next to my bed where she won't fall off, and I use a really soft big make up brush that I don't use. It helps a lot.

2. Well, dust doesn't accumulate nearly as quickly now as when I lived on the farm with cats, dogs, horses, mud, hayfields, cottonwood trees and six other humans. City life is a bit more... sterile. I don't have carpets or pets. I also move and handle my dolls almost daily. If there is some dust accumulation, canned air is great! My collection has been expanding lately, though, so I am looking into cabinets so it won't be an issue at all.

3. I'd go with the canned air as well. I've seen large figure and toy collections with tiny stuff being kept almost dust-free with canned air and light brushing.

Also, the less dust you accumulate, the less you have to clean whether is the doll crew or the flat itself. This might an obvious one, but I had to read about this to actually realize it properly. :D I have a hard time starting to clean my studio flat so I've tried to lessen the amount of dust as best as I can. I collect furbies and they sit in a Ikea cabinet behind glass doors with my books. I have dogs (non-shedding breed, though) and I like carpets, but I try to keep my belongings in closed drawers and closets so they won't pile up on tables. This way the flat is easier to keep clean when I don't have to move stuff around to wipe etc. The more you have open space the easier it is to clean.

My crafting table is a mess all the time and I bet some dust goblins keep farting dust in the air everyday (thanks a bunch). Or maybe it's the damn fabrics lying around. Maybe.

4. I handle mine often so there is not dust on them

5. Right now, I often store my dolls away when I am not photographing them. I don’t currently have a designated shelf for them to be dust free. I am looking for a shelving unit that is not only practical, but a piece of art in itself. If it happens to have glass doors, I would be very happy- but if not I have already decided that my solution for dust free display will be to purchase glass domes. I have two currently housing other items. I think this would be difficult for my Feeple60 girl though, so I am not sure what to do about that.

6. I have a hobby room in my house that I keep the door shut most often. I don't open the windows due to allergies and I keep a fan on all year long to keep the air circulating in there. They get some dust but not much. I also used canned air in a pinch.