1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

KIZDOLLS Discussion - Part II

Jan 17, 2012

1. Dylan.

He even has an outfit :D
      The new body is double jointed but I don't find that it's as aesthetically pleasing.

2. Well if you just do www.kizdolls.com/ it'll redirect to the YourDOP site. That's how we found it :O

3. OMG HES AMAZING, but why is he so much more expensive then the others? He a LE?

4. What the heck?! Okay, Samier was close to the look I needed for Bane but after I buy him and hate the company they release THIS guy? Whyyyy....?

5. he looks amazing
      wow
      and he's double jointed, mine is single joint body
      i really need to save money for more dolls

6. Moira: He's on the New body which is double jointed and about $100 more than the old body. You can get the older guys on the new body, too but it's optional. :3

7. I want him...but hes too expensive for me!

8. I want his head, but I don't trust them anymore... and I don't believe it's available separately.

9. Anyone has notice how similar this head is to Volks Genji?
      the shape of the head is the same, even the ears are the same but sightly mod. The eyes have been closed and the mouth and lips sanded

[​IMG]

10. I honestly don't see it. They're so stylized (both Volks and Kizdolls) that they all look pretty much the same. There are a few little differences but... And with as many doll sculpts as there are out there, some are bound to look similar without being recasts or copies.

11. Totally agreed with Insomniadoll. That's, without a doubt, a modded Volks Genji.

12. I have to respectfully disagree. I overlayed a picture of this head over a picture of a Volks Genji from the same angle. Although the jaws are similar (but not the same), the mouth is higher up, the nose is situated differently, and the brow and eyes do not align at all in any way that would suggest this head is a modified Genji. I'm waiting on the original owner of the other picture to get permission to use it, so until then no pics, but as soon as I hear back from her, I'll put it up. :)

13. I looked at it from a front view - the lips are completely different, too. Dylan's do more of a W where Genji's are flatter. That's not an easy mod.

14. In case anyone was interested.

[​IMG]
      overlay by Helter.Skelter., on Flickr

All aspect ratios have been kept the same, they are in the same scale. The pic of the Volks Genji is by Meggilu.

15. a friend took a photo of her modified Genji head (he was sanded a lot and his eyes were closed with epoxie) in the same angle than the one I posted before, and well, for me there is no doubt because everything is exactly in the same position; and the headcap, jawline and ears are the same.
      Maybe is not that easy to see the differences with a default Genji, but if you mod a Genji it could look pretty much the same than the one Kizdoll have (Dylan, and Edgar too).
      I'm a sculptor and for me it was obvious at first sight because I've seen a Genji in person

[​IMG]

16. Hmm... Interesting. Granted, the picture I used is from a different angle so you can't see some of the things available in your photo. I have to admit I haven't seen this head in person, and Genji can be a bit hard to find pictures of, especially blank.

17. Oh boy, safe to say im not ordering from the your DOP site when i decide to order the white elf saiy...seeing as he is sold out on that site :P how depressing

18. It's unfortunate to come here and find that my suspicions were probably right. After seeing the blank pictures of the Dylan head I also thought he looked a lot like Genji.

19. Hello. Does anyone know, if Kizdolls still have problems?