1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Kumi vs. Renewal Kumi: What's the difference?

Jul 31, 2007

1. Yes, I have searched, but I'm still looking for futher clarification. What exactly are the differences between the older Kumi and the renewal Kumi? Do the sculpts themselves differ or is it just a new presentation scheme for the Bambicrony website?

Thanks in advance for any help. :daisy

2. The new one has BIGBIGBIG ears.

That's the only difference I've noticed.

3. I think some people thought there were slight differences in the faces too - check back in the Bambicrony discussion thread around 5/21/2007 and forward from there as people received the renewal dolls.

Carolyn

4. Backing up Renzi on this, the new Kumi has rather large ears. I know zingor took a comparison photo of the two, I'll direct her to this thread so hopefully she'll share. ^^

5. ooh, I have a few comparison shots but I can't access them at the moment.:doh
      I'll try to get them up later in the week.
      The ears are way bigger. I thought I noticed some subtle differences in the cheeks too.

ETA: I found a pic. It's not the greatest. They aren't at the same angle or anything, but you get the idea with the ears at least. Ver. 2 on the left:
      [​IMG]

6. DIES
      I love the new one ...Oh YES ! I really like it
      (wonders if I can buy the head and put it on a boy body ...)
      reminds me of my Son when he was a baby

7. The BC body is unisex if I'm not mistaken. Just paint the head up as a boy.

8. they are ...I know ,I had one , but thats why I dont like them LOL
      love the face-sculpts , hate the body

Im affraid I like my boys to be boys
      I could always put it on a Domuya boy body ,if I get in fast to order one

they fit that size and the colour resin matchs
      ..pondering now

the new Roco is the same ...adorable , hope they release Sisley like it too ...thats my favorite sculpt
      and I just love the little sticky out ears

9. Thanks for all the replies. :daisy

zingor >> Are the ears/cheeks the only differences you can see? The renewal face does seem to appear a little "improved", though it could be the angles, like you said. If you could post more photos, it would be greatly appreciated. ^^

10. Tinybear, I'm with you on that. I did sculpt a boy bit for my pink pepe and it looks okay. Its always a possibility.