1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

LA Times Article

Oct 30, 2008

1. Awesome guys! You all look great!!!! :D

2. lots of great photos - looks like it was fun. plus a couple of mentions of bjds :)

3. wow, great photos, you guys look fantastic! and the reporter did a good write up, awesome :)

4. Oh my I love Wasabi and her daughter's Loli outfits. The whole day of the dead motif is great.

-Anneke

5. That's awesome! :)

6. It was such a lovely tea party and it was nice to see some DoA members there since I wasn't expecting a meetup there. :) Too bad I had to leave early but it was a wonderful experience!

Oh and it was nice meeting you Izayoi~ ;)

Did anyone post pictures from the meet?

7. There was quite a few dolls in attendance, but most of my pics turned out blurry. :( Mr. Postman was there and took lots of photos as well. I'm sure his came out fantastic!

8. Nice photos.

WOW, two articles about BJD owners in one week, both with a positive outlook to our community, this is fantastic!

This being my second G/L outing, I was more than a tad bit apprehensive. It turned out to be a wonderful gathering for me. So much so, that I'll have to get MaDra to join me next time. "Mother/Daughter Lolita Team" (aka: Wasabi and Elektra Phyed), watch out for "Team CoBroRa". ;) I was really happy that Sheena was so well received also. Not only did you get a nice photo of her, I recall several Lolis posing with her for the "official" Royal-T photographer too. With all of the attention she got, her head is starting to swell up, so much so, that she's starting to look like a Pullip doll... :lol:

I will work on my photos and try to get them posted soon.

TC

9. Great photos... and with informative captions, too! Not bad!!! :D

10. Hehe I saw this on the egl community on Livejournal as well, it looks like so much fun! Lolita + Dolls = Perfect! XD

I wish I could go to an event there, they look like a lot of fun! And it's wonderful to see multiple articles featuring BJDs in a positive light!

11. (^^) Not Amy .. even they are same MSD Size..

(^^) She is our DAMI...
      [​IMG]

She is cute.. (^^) But I am not..

But thanks for the posting..and I really didn't expect that.. thanks for Betty(Wasabie).
      Because I have the only one Lolita dress which made by Betty(Wasabie)...

Thank my Betty(Wasabie)...(^^)

I love you ...

Sincerely
      Ms.Cholong

12. :DHey I was just reading that article; a friend of mine emailed it to me. Do you remember me? I was at Royal T with my friend at a table when you came over to look at my doll. You were nice enough to chat with us and show us your doll. And you referred me to this forum. I can't thank you enough for that, this forum is great! Well, I hope to see you and your dolls again.

13. Of course I remember you! I'm glad you found your way here. I'm sorry I didn't get a pic of your doll that day though. :(

14. if you look through all the photos there you see Aimee ( DOA board creator) too heh heh looks like it was fun !

15. Yeah, Aimee came to our table to see our dolls. She's really sweet. She was also a model for the Gothic & Lolita Bible fashion show at the West Hollywood Festival of Books a couple of weeks ago.

16. Ahhh, Ms. Cholong you are too kind....but next time you have to remember to wear your petticoat under the Loli skirt! You are only half a Loli without the petticoat!*_*

Hey Mr. Postman....are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me? Team Wasabi welcomes Team Postman into the "Parent/Kid" Lolita/EGL arena. Let's hope more families collect dolls together and dress up for it as well!;)

I was so jazzed about the article and to think this wasn't even an official doll party! Just you wait.......;)