1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

LadySaiyuki SD-sized Ted discussion

Mar 30, 2008

1. thekittybox, I wouldn't think so. Correct me if I am wrong. However, there are places where you can see the different colors.

2. If you want to see Bobobie's colour range, you can look up the Chibi Ted/Hanyuu discussion thread as I know there is a photo of a bunch of coloured Teds and Hanyuus that came in...LS stood them all up for a group pic, lol.

3. Well, I have seen those pictures (many times), but each doll seems to look different in the various skin tones. And for the life of me, I can't envision it. :doh

4. I have three of the "special" colors. The blue is very beautiful and saturated, the green is bright, and the pink is very lively too. The lilac is more grey. Is that helpful?

5. Since LadySaiyuki is one person and not a company, she really can't afford to have "display" dolls of each sculpt in every colour. My advice to you, if you really can't decide, is to skip this preorder and hope someone else ordered the colour you want so you can get in on the next preorder. *shrug*

6. Yes, I know she's one person and not a company. Yes, I know she cannot afford to have a display. I merely asked question. I'll gladly wait to see images rather than ask next time.

LadySaiyuki, I look forward to seeing Ted's progress!

7. ^_^ thanks Ali, Di and Sharon for trying to help get an answer to thekittybox....

but sadly enough I am not a company...I'm just a poor college graduate with a 4 year Bachelors in art and 2 years of Professional Sculpting/designing/graphics/and illustration experience...I cant' afford to have each one of my dolls in 7 different colors before closing a preorder...as that would cost quite a bit of money that I dont' have...I only really do preorders after the Prototype is made and maybe an order or two after that...if the doll is popular enough ... and what gets ordered gets ordered...

the first Non preorder I've ever done was this last preorder with my Chibi Ted and hanyuu's, I ordered quite a few extras to have in stock ...but that is only cause I planned to go to many conventions this year and sell my dolls at there...and sadly enough I kinda regretted it as I put like 90% of my savings into my stock of dolls and I'm more than broke and am partially worried about the ability to pay some of my bills ^^; but is a risk I took and I won't be able to do it often maybe only once a year...as that is all I can afford...

due to Dennis being very nice and generous he allowed me and even recommended to me to leave the preorder open until the molds were made...this is the first time I've kept a preorder open this long.

as for the SD Teds that are being ordered so far...there has only been orders for Normal skin and Tan and only 1 Lilac (the other 4 colors have yet to be ordered)
      I will attempt to order 2 extra of both white skin and Normal skin Head/hand sets only...as I really really can not afford to purchase a few full bodied dolls at this point ^^; I may try to order a Green full Ted...as I'd love to turn him into one 1/2 of the Doom Tree pair from SM ^^; as I'm a dork...
      that and it would show everyone what Ted looks like in Green...but I cant' afford to get a Pink and blue doll on top of that...
      I did have an inquiry on a Pink SD Ted...but she hasn't gotten back to me in days to let me know if she actually wanted one...so I can't say if it's actually going to be on the order ^^; if it ends up on the order we'd only need to see a blue one then...

I do know this...every doll can look so incredibly different from Faceup to faceup and different wigs...and when you throw 7 color options into the mix the possibilities and different looks multiply and yeah it can be a bit of a decision sometimes ... and I know it's far better to see all the options before making a decision...but due to money issues I really cant' do that...as I'm not a company ^^; I'm really sorry if this bums you out a little... ^^;

...but maybe if you can't make up your mind and don't mind waiting till the next order you can see what everyone from the first order gets and see what they do with their SD Teds ^_^ and then your decision making will be easier ^_^ do let me know if you wish to order a Ted with this preorder though...as for the second order I do not know what that will be...hopefully soon after that first order arrives...as I will be sending out my SD Full Girl to Dennis by then and then you can have more choices...as you can make Ted a Girl then with my SD Girl body ^^; as well as a boy or just a head ^_^

^^; sorry if I'm adding far too many options ^^; I know how frustrating it can get ^^; but better having lots of options than no options I always say ^_^

8. ^^; I totally should have refreshed this page ^^; and I didn't ...and I typed up a crazy long response ^^; Sorries *hugs*

I will do my best to try and get most of the colors ordered...I can't guarentee all ...but I will try and see what I can afford ^_^ k
      *hugs* and thankies for your understanding ^_^

and *more hugs* I too look forward to his progress and I'm so glad you do too ^_^

9. I think it may be better for her to see the response from the artist herself as apparently good friends answering for said artist don't sit well, heh.

10. It is hard to picture the dolls in the different colors thekittybox, I totally get it. Natalie, you are welcome to throw some eyes and a wig at my boy when you get him and take as many pictures as you like, and I promise to take pictures of him as well. He is the one lilac, my lil dead elf, heh heh.

11. ^_^ hey guys thought I'd let you know that I just posted this in the news section ^_^:

4/30/08: New Progress pics of SD Ted's Hands on Post #7 the preorder will be closing on May 3rd 2008 so If you would like to jump in on the very first preorder for him, please let me know so by May 3rd ^_^
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just got an email from Dennis Today showing the hands with the fingers slightly more separated than before and he's looking ready to go now for mold making:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The hands have had their fingers separated a bit more and they are just a spray away with Primer to being finished...I will be closing the SD Ted Preorder in just 3 days...on May 3rd​

12. Oooh... the hands are looking good!! <3

Next time ask if he cn get a shot of them from another angle? I'd love to see what the palms and thumbs look like.

13. Just posted this in the News section ^_^ hope you all like him in his first Resin cast ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another Update for 5/19/08:
      Just to let everyone know I got an email this morning that some SD Ted heads are done ^_^
      (I'm sure this applies to WS and NS only O.O or maybe just Whiteskin O.O I'll get the exact info from Dennis in my next email I'm sure ^_^) but the first batch will be shipping to me shortly along with the replacement parts that were damaged in shipment (all dolls that were damaged in shipment were extra dolls and NOT any that were for sale)

Presenting SD Ted in White Resin:
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I for one am super Happy to see him in resin finally ^_^
      I also look to be going to PersaCon in Alabama and will have SD Teds as well as Chibi Ted and Hanyuu's available for sale at PersaCon as well ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will be getting pics up of the hands from different angles as soon as I either get them from Dennis...or get they arrive at my house and I take many pics of them ^^;

14. OoO!!!!! He looks so cute Nat! Can't wait to see your faceup on him!

15. I'm giddy! I was just RPing the character my Ted will eventually be today and it made me miss him even more. ^^ (The character used to be a different doll.) What amazing timing! *L*

16. ^_^ Nya! your wish is my comand ^_^ faceup for the Sweet Stella Maris ^_^ *huggles*

^_^ that is fantastic onnawufei ^_^ it'll just be about 2 weeks until I ship out your Cutie to you ^_^ *hugs* and I hope you won't be parted from him for much longer ^_^ and I hope my new post will increase your love and ease your wait time a little bit.

And Hey guys just posted this in the News section ^_^ whoot! we are getting there, what do you guys think? :

5/31/08: Mature Ted is finally up in Resin all done up with faceup (by me, ladysaiyuki), wig, eyes, outfit and shoes ^_^

I got in a small (very small) shipment of Mature Ted Heads (they are all in White) but they did not come with their hands...as they will be in the next shipment that will take place in about a week-2 weeks time.
      if you would like to buy one of these white heads that I got in with no hands...I will offer them for sale for $160 + shipping each (but they come with no hands)

Presenting LadySaiyuki's Mature Ted first fully done up resin cast:
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and here Ted is with my new little PpoPpo O.O (I just gave her a new faceup too ^_^ she kinda snuck up in the pic...and I really liked it ^^; )
      [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy the first Mature Ted I've done up ^_^
      Regular sales of Mature Ted head/hand set and full dolls will be coming shortly

Thanks for looking,
      ~Natalie (LadySaiyuki)

17. OMY! Lookit Ted, so pretty! I think he came out so beautiful! I can't talk right, it's 2 AM and I just got home from work, what a great thing to come home and see! Sigh, now I can go to bed and dream of my Mickey. Finn, that is, my lil grey, oh yeah "lilac", Ted.

18. Wow! I just LOVE how his eyes came out... I was a little hesitant about the shape of them at first, but after seeing the final result all done up, I absolutely LOVE them!! :) (He's so smiley too, it's adorable... hehe!!)

19. Hee! Seeing him with a faceup (even though I'll be getting my boy painted totally differently) did sorta end up changing what I want to do with mine completely. *L* Instead of being my bitchy vampire he's going to be my... loud and rambunctious (sp?) vampire. :XD: