1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Latidoll Wigs Do Not Match Pictures, and Poor Communication.

May 18, 2011

1. First and last time I'm ordering from Latidoll, I suppose.

I ordered a couple wigs from them. I ordered these:

Y Sauvage Ra19-kb88(Silvery blond)
      G sweet wave Ra47-kb88(Silvery blond)

First off, it was expensive to ship, but since I couldn't find anything matching that wave and that type anywhere else, I decided to take the bite.

After not hearing anything for a month and a half, I emailed and never got a response. Yesterday, I got a notice that someone tried to ship me something and I had to sign for it. Ah, so they shipped it because I nudged them.

I got the wigs, and no, these are not silvery blonde. I go back to the page and look, and now there's a color bar at the bottom of one showing that kb88 is actually dark blonde (which this isn't the shade it is either) not the one in the picture.

The wigs I got are a light blonde in color. They are not blonde or silver as the picture -and wording- implies. Now, okay, fine, I can understand there's a color chart under the one, I screwed up, but there's no color chart under the littler one and that's what they are saying they are selling.

I have looked on two different monitors, and it's not an image display issue. Also, they shipped them in a huge box, whereas they could have saved money and shipped in a bubble mailer. That box was big enough to ship a tiny in!

No communication.
      Wrong wigs.
      WAAAY overpriced shipping ($30).

I would leave this in a feedback thread but...they don't have one for this year! :doh

And here I needed a body for one of my floating heads. I guess I'll need to look elsewhere...

2. Is it possible they sent you the wrong colour? The silvery blonde should look like a pale blonde as seen here and here. I have no idea why, but on the Lati website some of the colour charts appear different from each other: KB88 appears to be a pale blonde here which is accurate, but looks like a platinum milky colour here. I have no experience with the company, but I would point out these issues to them and see if it can be resolved.

As for shipping, almost all Korean companies ship by EMS (which starts at around $20 and up) which is an express insured service. I actually haven't really seen any that do simple airmail shipping (I think maybe Ndoll does), so that would account for the shipping expense. $30 seems a little high (I usually only see it around that price for resin head parts, etc), but I have no idea how the wigs were packed. If the wigs were backordered, then that might account for why the shipping took so long (I know that some companies won't tell you when something is backordered).

3. How long did they take to ship, if you don't mind me asking...

4. I do agree that $30 is a bit much for just two wigs, but like masala_chai_tea said, EMS is express shipping. And honestly, that shipping seems comparable to other sites' shipping procedures. Two wigs from Dollheart, Dollmore, Luts, and Soom is about $22. But some companies do have a more flat-rate procedure.