1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Latidoll Yellow Resource Thread

Jul 15, 2009

1. I'm a little confused with dollhouse scales O_O. Maybe somebody can help me here? I'm looking for fitting furniture for my YoSD-, Lati Yellow- & PukiPuki-sized dolls. I heard that 1:6 scale is for YoSD size, while 1:12 is fitting for Lati Yellows (and Pukis, if I consider them small children). Is that true?? Many thanks in advance!

2. Babyelf- It sort of depends on how choosy you are with the concept of scale. Scale pretty much means what it says. 1:12 means that 1"=12". So in that world, a 4" doll, like Lati White, would be 4' tall, maybe the size of a 6-7 yo child. A White Sp, would be over 4 1/2' tall. Additionally, these dolls are bulkier than traditional 1:12 scale dollhouse occupants, which can also make the furnishings seem off with respect to the dolls.

When a Lati White or White Sp is in a 1:12 house, I think it works best if it's obviously their house. Not a house where you would expect a parent to show up, because the parent of a Lati White would never fit in such place. 1:12 scale houses work very well for elves, and for creatures like the Pipos Junior anthros. I think it depends more on the character than the size of the doll in that respect.

1:6 scale means that each inch equals six inches in the real world. This is often referred to as "playscale" and encompasses a lot of items meant for 12" fashion dolls like Barbie. It's the scale in which most Rement stuff is made, and is collected by a lot of Blythe enthusiasts. The Yellows are roughly 6" and 8" tall, or 3' and 4' in the 1:6 scale world, which is about the size of children 3-7. I think this makes a lot of 1:6 accessories look really good with them. Again, you have the issue of them being more fleshed out than the dolls for which a lot of these items were intended. In the 1:6 world, Barbie is probably about 5'9" or so, and wears a size 4 wig, while the Yellows' heads wear as size 6/7. So it would take some experimentation to find the look you're going for. I've also seen 1:12 furnishings photographed with the Yellows, like kitchen sets looking really cute as playhouse type furniture the little Yellows can play pretend with.

I think this might be a small part of the charm of the Yellows, that there is so much available for them in terms of props. I know I've seen at least one fashion doll house become a really cute home for a Lati Yellow. What I said about the 1:12 houses above applies here as well. The Yellows fit well in such a house, but it's entirely their domain. A larger doll coming in to caretake them wouldn't work.

YoSDs are slightly smaller and slimmer than Lati Green. (I have a Green, not a YoSD. Littlefees should also fit into this category.) My Green is about 12" tall. If I considered her a child of 8 years, I might want to think of her as about 4' tall. That would make her 1:4 scale. Be aware that in the world of miniatures, if you go looking for 1/4 scale or quarter scale, what you will find is 1/4" scale, where one inch equals 144 inches. This is very, very tiny stuff that works well for us as toys for our Whites and Yellows. If your YoSD is 10-11 inches tall and you would say she's about 50-55 inches in real life (somewhere around 4 1/2 feet), that would be approximately a 1:5 scale. There's not much in that scale furnishings wise, although vehicle models are sometimes made in that size. (Motorcycles!)

Another popular scale for furnishings and accessories is 1:3 scale. This is what you will find for a lot of the 18" play dolls like American Girl and all their knock-offs. A lot of these accessories work for SD size dolls (Lati Red), but are too big and bulky for any of the other Latis. However, the toy designers who don't concern themselves too much with scale will sometimes come out with things that are somewhat off for their own dolls and that might work for yours. There are also accessories made for My Twinn which is a 23" doll. I believe those are often referred to as 1:3, but obviously they are way too big for tinies.

There are also some (though not a lot of) furnishings and accessories available for 17" fashion dolls (Ellowyne, Tyler, etc., dolls that are roughly the same scale as Lati Blue, although Tyler is slimmed down like a big Barbie), that might work for YoSD kids. Additionally, look at photos of Bluette and see what those collectors are using, as Bluette is nearly identical in size to Lati Green.

In the end, it comes down to your personal taste, what kinds of characters you have, and what kind of world you're looking to create. A 1:6 scale structure might house all your tinies if you're just looking for a place to keep them and decorate bedrooms for them. A bookcase or set of cubbies with 12" shelves might serve a simlar purpose. Before purchasing a dollhouse, I'd suggest getting some furniture, maybe putting together a single roombox, and getting an idea of what will be out there to fit in a house and what you like for your dolls. Take your dolls to the toy store and miniatures shop, sit them down in some houses and furniture. See how fussy you are about what looks "right" and in scale. Some people are really flexible about that, with adorable results. Some people can't get past the "something's off" look.

The biggest thing is just to experiment and have fun searching for and collecting items for your tinies, and to make that part of your hobby, rather than a source of frustration. I hope something in there is helpful to you.

3. Wow susan402, thank for this very detailed answer! It was/will be a tremendous help when I go shopping for furniture!! Many thanks!

4. Perfect!
      Thanks Susan402. How lovely you are!

5. babyelf and wavejung, you are both quite welcome. Happy to help.

6. :) a wonderful post! thanks for the effort!

7. Thanks so much for this information. I have been searching on the web for hours looking for this iinformation, and it's been right here this whole time! :)

8. Thanks you so much for the post!! :)

9. Will 1/6 sized wigs work? Especially wigs from fm-anime? I emailed them and asked if they do pukifee/latiyellow size and they replied back with yes and mentioned the size would be 1/6. I just want to make sure. It's hard to find wigs in lati yellow size that aren't in natural colors and the blonde/pink. :/

10. a question, does huujo shoes fit lati yellow sp foot?
      hooju foot is 3.5 not sure if the shoe would be tight on the sizes though...

11. Wow thanks so much for this great amount of info on the Lati yellows! I just ordered my first one and now am trying to build a wardrobe before she gets here- I have spent the entire morning looking at the links (and filling up my shopping carts :lol:) It was great as a newbie to find this information all in one place! Thanks so much Susan!

12. help! could someone please direct me to a thread or somewhere with instructions on how to restring a Lati?

Many thanks!

13. Hi Maddy look on youtube thats where i found the info :)xxx

14. Thanks Jane, I am looking at some now!

15. thanks for the guide! it's been really helpful!

16. Thanks for having everything in one place!

17. I am waiting my Lati Yellow to come in my arm. I will post pic after se arrive ^^
      HeHeHe. Can't wait!!!

18. Great! Paypal doesn't allow me to pay by credit card...

19. @hoatien- I've had that trouble with PayPal before. It seems like there's some secret, internal limit on accounts as far as how much you're allowed to charge to your credit card within a given period of time. I can get no help with this issue with the customer service people. If you look around at the help, there's stuff about clicking a link for "View Limits", but I have never been able to find that, and when I asked customer service to explain where I could find it, they basically ignored that part of my query. When it's happened to me with Lati, I have just used my credit card via Lati's website and not had any problems. Unless things have radically changed with Lati since I bought all mine, they take so long to get orders out that you're no longer protected by PayPal anyway, so it didn't seem to really matter very much.

One thing I try to do, if I know I'm going to have to use my CC for a PayPal transaction, is to try to set up a "Send Money" via PayPal to someone else before ordering. I set it up to someone I know and trust (like my husband or BFF), just in case something goes wrong and I actually send it. The purpose is just to see if the CC option is going to be available to me that day or not. Then I cancel the transaction without sending it and proceed with my order. Hope that makes sense.

If anyone's been able to fix this issue with PayPal, I would love to hear about it. (Not that I need to put anything else on my CC evar.)

@everyone else- thanks for all the thankies in this thread. I don't always come back and say it, but I appreciate them, and you're very welcome. I'm really not active in the doll stuff right now, because the fiction stuff has taken over my life at the moment, and I'll be working on this current book at least for the rest of the year before I can give my dollies some much-needed attention. Whenever there's news that needs to be included here, I hope you'll feel free to contact me!

20. Thanks for all your information, it was very helpfull