1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Latidoll Yellow Resource Thread

Jul 15, 2009

1. Does anyone know of a free knitting pattern for a lati yellow hat and cardigan/jumper? I saw a patterned one on the first page but as I'm a novice I really just want a plain hat pattern; or is it easier to crochet hats? Thanks

2. Thank you!!! And twinklelights, it is extremely normal for this :( Lati are really slow, but I hope they speed things up soon!

3. wow! great! thanks for all the info!

4. WOW. Thanks for information!!!!..
      Byurl arrived home today. I am so happy for making clothes for my baby!!!

5. My first BJD finally arrived in Dec of 2010, my very cute little Lumi, she is adorable. I was wondering will any 14mm eyes work for her?

Thank you!
      ^.^

6. Thanks for all of this information. I am a Newbie to Lati and having all of this information about where to shop, what size eyes, wigs, etc. to purchase is extremely helpful.
      Thanks again!
      Heather

Oh, and GIRLPLANET- the answer is YES!
      12mm and 14mm eyes will work for Lati. 14mm eyes are what Lati uses and 14mm eyes have less white (sclera) on them and more pupil color. The 12mm will work too, but show less pupil color, and more white which others think are more realistic looking. I prefer 14mm! ;)

7. I'm thinking of getting a LaTi basic coco. Please can you tell me what she will come like? Will she come with magnetic hands (if so, what does this mean) what do I have to do with her (must I re-string her? clean her?) before I can start playing?

-THank you SO much<3

8. Refeti-
      You should not have to clean or restring your new doll when she arrives. She will be naked, wrapped in a little blanket, and her eyes will be in place. Basically you can just take her out of the box, pop on a wig and some clothes, and start playing. I'm not certain (because I haven't had a new doll from Lati for some time), but it does look to me like the dolls come with magnetic hands now. There's a FAQ about those here: http://www.latidoll.com/2007_en/index.htm?mode=faq&sc=en&num=45. HTH

9. Thanks for the info on the magnetic hands! Does anyone know how to change non-magnetic hands? Is it very difficult? I don't want to mess up my little Miel, but I'd like to switch her hands! Thanks in advance!

10. I honestly don't remember if the yellow Latis come with S-hooks on their hands, but that's the easiest way to change. (I'm pretty sure the hands on the Whites are held on with a loop made of elastic thread, and can't remember if the Yellows came the same way.) If you don't find S-hooks small enough to fit in the wrists, you can make them with strong wire and round nose pliers.

Changing them is pretty simple and you can't really mess anything up permanently. The elastic string that goes down the arm is doubled so that the end forms a loop. The worst you could do is lose hold of that elastic and let it pop back into the doll. If that happened, you'd just get to learn to restring your doll. To change them you just pull gently on the hand until you can see the end of the elastic where it's connected. You'll want to put something through that loop, such as a pencil (I use a small, steel crochet hook, but anything like that). The pencil sits across the wrist opening and keeps the elastic from getting pulled back into the arm. Remove the hand. If it's tied on with elastic thread, you just cut through that. You can tie the new hand on, but like I said, S-hooks are really convenient and you'd just hook the new hand into the elastic loop. Pull the pencil out and let the elastic pull the hand back up into the wrist. That's all it is.

11. Aw, thank you so much for your quick response! I just pulled her hand a little, and there IS an S-hook! So, just to clarify...because she does have an S-hook, I just need to un-hook the elastic string from the S-hook, and the hand will come off. I then replace the hand with another hand, and re-hook the elastic string to the new hand? (Sorry, I'm really nervous and don't want to hurt her!)!

12. Was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are 2 different types of Lati Yellow bodies? I adopted a Miel back in October, and today my Coco came from a fellow BK member. They look exactly alike, until I notice the details.

Look @ the feets! Miel's is more detailed, and Coco's seem bigger!
      Any input would greatly be appreciated :)
      [​IMG]

13. Thanks so much for this thread, as a newbie I can use al the advise I can get :)

14. Wow! this is very helpful information. Especially as I try to create clothes for a lati doll. I actually started making some designs yet have not aquired the doll just yet. After seeing your measurements I think I could be off on a few. But the clothes are so tiny it wont be hard to make them twice. thanks again!

15. twinklelights09:

For me, I ordered at 19/4 and lati confirmed at 21/4.....I use Visa payment^^ don't know whether the method of payment matters.

16. I was poking around on ebay, looking at random 5" dolls to see if there were any clothes I could scrounge from them. I've already learned that Wee Patsy's dresses are all right.. But does anybody know if Miss Nancy Ann's clothes would fit?
      (Super apologies if this isn't the place to ask!!!)

17. as a newbie here - I really appreciate this thread - started at the beginning with all your "stats" - so very helpful. Also a lati lover. thanks.

18. I totally love this resource thread .. I have a Lati in the way :)
      So I am trying to find *it* some new clothes .. or make some if I can ^^

Thank you ~

19. Hello!

Does anyone know where I can find info on doing your own home tan on your Lati? I've been searching and can't find any info on it.

Thanks in advance!

20. I have an in-coming Lati yellow Ruki. She will be my 1st Lati. I am so excited!!! Thank you so much for this Wonderful thread.....So full of information for newbies, such as myself.