1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Leeel's LQ Line Discussion

Nov 23, 2013

1. tink is amazing bandersnatch. what did you use for the rust?

wirt looks great too kurogane.

i really need to get around to blushing gizmo one of these days. just waiting to get over a bad chest flu first. it's hard to spray when you're coughing constantly! ;)

2. I have an amazing house planned when I get my tinman, which may be a while since several limiteds took all my doll money. I'm going to make a house out of broken glass and Apoxie Sulpt.

3. Leo Pheonix that's sounds very interesting. So, I guess, someday I'd love to see pictures when you get around to making one!

4. These little tinman dolls are so cute. I love all the work everyone has put into them and how adorable they are even without blushing.
      I just ordered one in honor of my son's early birth. We're doing a baby-bot themed nursery and these little guys are perfect. Hopefully I'll have time to blush the little doll when he arrives.

5. you'll have to show that on the homes for tinies thread too!

what a great idea. which head did you get?

6. @auntbear I got the basic head. The little droopy eyes remind me of my son so much, I had to go with it.
      I was tempted to get head A so it would be human looking, but decided the basic fit the robot look better, and those eyelids. :aheartbea Seriously that expression is my little guy.

Oh and I ordered the headset A, per my husband's request.
      He really likes the company blushing, but it's expensive (for good reason, these little guys are TINY).

I plan to do the blushing myself, since it will have more meaning and I'm a decent faceup/blushing artist. Granted this will be the tiniest doll I'll own. It's smaller than my 11cm DZ Momo. And doing Momo's faceup was a challenge (it was also my first faceup all those years ago).

Any suggestions for blushing these little guys?
      I just got an airbrush for Christmas that I have yet to practice with. Would anyone recommend airbrushing for the metallic look or should I use the traditional pastel/acrylic paint route?

7. Aww how adorable @MetaCynth! :aheartbea I love the A face! (> 3 <) Hmm suggestions for blushing... If you're after something metallic-looking, I'd go with thin layers of metallic acrylic paint applied with a small brush. You can also get sparkly metallic pigments too which you could mix up with a bit of gloss if you're after a variety of shades instead of just plain silver/grey. :D

I'd really love to see more Tinmen in this thread! Tink is feeling kinda lonely, so he decided to explore the garden in search of friends~
      [​IMG]

8. always love seeing tink! my poor gizmo is still sitting in his box waiting for a faceup, it's been a bad year here for that. i have a whole bunch of dolls waiting. i'd love to try something as elaborate as tink when i finally get around to it, but don't know if i can mange it.

9. [MENTION=23563]Bandersnatch[/MENTION] Thanks for the suggestions. It makes sense to just use acrylic since they're so tiny.
      Tink is really cool looking and adorable.

I'm still waiting on my tinman. Feels like it's been forever already. *_* Not sure how long Leeel takes, and they never gave me a time-frame for when he'd be ready, but they did upgrade the extra parts, so that's cool. Hopefully it will be soon. Maybe he'll just show up at my doorstep and surprise me.

10. when did you order? leel was really quick when they first came out, unless you are getting them painted, that takes longer especially if the weather is humid there.

11. I ordered in February. I waited a couple months and asked if my order processed okay. They said they didn't have any tinmen in stock but would upgrade the extra parts. No idea on time-frame as they never responded to that. There's no waiting room on DoA for Leeel. So I could only go by what people in this thread said as far as production time, which seemed really fast compared to my experience. I've waited up to 6 months for dolls before, so that's nothing new, but it just seems a bit long. Anyone else waiting for a Leeel order?

12. MetaCynth -Since Feb? That is a long wait! Mine was only a month wait last November. They upgraded me with the extra parts too -which was unexpected and fantastic.

13. Yep... Since Feb. Based on what I've seen in this forum that's a really long wait for Leeel. I think I'll try messaging them again and see what's up.

14. Just wanted to give an update on my tinamn... The status has been changed to "Before Shipping." It's looking good now. Can't wait! :aheartbea

15. Yay! I'm so happy for you MetaCynth! Please post pictures when your Tin Man arrives!

I should post more too. My Wirt needs more quality time.

16. Ah! That's fantastic to hear @MetaCynth! Such a long wait time >~< I really hope you love your Tinman when he finally arrives! :aheartbea

I'd love to see more Wirt too @kurogane ;D

Tink came with me on holiday a few weeks ago, but like a doofus I forgot to bring him out most places I went~ :doh I did manage to snap a picture of him at the end of the Southend Pier at Leigh-on-Sea! Tink... was not a fan of the ocean and preferred being on dry land. ^^;
      [​IMG]

17. Bandersnatch -Tink looks like he was having some holiday fun. Yeah, all that water is a bit daunting, especially if you rust easily!

18. with all that rust i can see why he doesn't like the water, the desert might be more his style, but the aqua color looks great with him anyway

19. I have a tinman! Yay! Hopefully I can paint him soon, but packing for moving comes first. :( He will probably be blank for a while, but he is so cute!! Danbo snuck in for a scare. ;)
      [​IMG]Guard Duty by Tineke, on Flickr

20. congrats, they are cute even blank aren't they?