1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Leeke Wig Issue (Narae 43cm)

May 26, 2007

1. Hi, I was wondering if anyone was having the same issue I was. I recently bought a couple wigs from Leeke for my Narae 43cm, but one of the wigs fits funny and I can't fix it no matter what I do. It's an L-062_D in a light brown color and the skull cap, which is black for some reason, shows where her bangs part.

You can see it here:
      [​IMG]

And here:
      [​IMG]

You can actually see it a lot clearer in person, and you see more of it. It really bothers me, and instead of looking like hair, it looks like she really is wearing a wig. I've tried combing in in different ways, even used a blow dryer (in a way so as the plastic doesn't melt) to make the part flow differently, but it only lasts for a little while before it either goes back to it's normal shape, or the scull cap keeps showing.

So, what I'm wanting to know is, is this normal with Leeke wigs? Should I e-mail them? Is it a big enough deal to e-mail them about it? Is there a way that I can fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

2. I think its normal, the wig I just bought does that =/ and the one I bought with braids on the sides do that too

3. Were they wigs from leeke, or somewhere else? I've never had a wig that did that (the other leeke wig I bought doesn't do it), so it threw me for a loop and figured it must be a leeke thing. It actually wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't black...

4. I have a white Leeke wig that is the same way. I dunno, it doesn't bother me that much. It's kind of like the joints, after a while I just don't see it.

In pictures I try to angle and crop so you don't see it, though.

5. I actually have the same issue, and - maybe I am too much of a perfectionist - it bothers me a lot! The wig cap shows where the bangs part, and at the back of the head too (it's a two poneytails wig style). I'm away from home right now, but when I get a a chance, I'll post a pic for you.

6. It's normal, all leeke wigs have black caps. Not only that, but you will see the the cap on most wigs styled like that. If it bothers you, I suggest a style with a fringe of some sort, instead of just a part.

7. Did you try to put a little flat barrett in the front?

8. I think it would not look good with that style of wig... (2 pigtails) but thanks for your advice.

9. This is normal, I think.
      I also have a leeke wig for my Narae and it´s also the same with a cancan wig I just got for my DZ Kay.

10. If you put a hat on it, you can push down the hair ^_^;;;
      Maybe a hairband, a beret or a tiara or coronet?

You could also try transparent elastic bands?

^_^;;; I'm really not sure

11. Well, so far I haven't found any way to really solve the problem so I've just sort of ignored it and tried to pretend it's not there. I did do something that helped the problem a little, I overlapped one side of the bangs over the other, so it wasn't a straight split down the middle. I dunno if you can do this with all wigs, but it did help a bit. Still curious if anyone else has any ideas.

12. I have a white Leeke wig that has a dark gray wig cap and it does the same thing. When I first got it I was really bothered by it but then I got used to it and it doesn't bother me as much. I wish they didn't do that or at least matched the wig caps to the hair color better.

13. My Soul Doll Yewon came with a pink wig and I've been told by the supplier that it is a Leeke wig. It has a beige coloured wig cap and that shows too, at the sides where the fringe of the hair ends and the long sides start, you can clearly see the edge of the wig cap. I find it really annoying, but keep pushing in all in place. I found this with another wig that I got from Magic Tailor. I think its just the way the wigs are made.