1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Leekeworld L-Type Boys Discussion - Part 2

Dec 18, 2013

1. @TwilightBabyDoll So broody! I love it!
      These boys are so versatile with their expressions!

Still trying to decide on a body for my Rihael head but meantime this was my old Mihael boy that I sold many years ago and miss dearly!

[​IMG]Ash06_2012web7 by Red_Bloduewedd, on Flickr

2. @Blodeuwedd So handsome! I love Mihaels! I really like Rihael too, but I'm not a fan of the half closed eyed one they sell on the Leeke site right now.

3. Thank you, took three faceup attempts to get him right. At least I can use him as a template for the Rihael boy!

The head I have is one of those half closed eye ones but I don't mind. I'm just glad to have managed to get one of the boys on the Marketplace!

4. Bumpity bumping this thread up as I think these boys need more love but also to ask if anyone has tried a Doll Family H body with a Leeke boy head. Quite like the sculpting of these bodies and the fact they do jointed hands. Torn between Popodoll 68cm and DF H 68cm for my Rihael head.

@Gathephaar love your boy, gorgeous faceup!

5. I hear Doll Family H has changed their resin color a couple of years ago so the resin match isn't very good anymore.I could be wrong though. Popodoll can definitely work, or so I've seen some Mihaels on 68cm Popodoll bodies.

6. Thank you so much @TwilightBabyDoll, that’s very helpful indeed.
      I made inquiries through the lovely Alice’s Collections about DF H resin matching and seemingly Leekeworld is one of the companies they don’t have samples of either so I’d need to send off the head cap or head which I’m not really willing to do just now.

Looks like I’m leaning toward Popodoll again!

7. I really like Popodoll a lot. I think it's my favorite company by a long shot. I've own 2 of the 68cm boy bodies and a 60cm girl. I used to have the 62?cm boy and it was good too. I think you will like it with your Leeke head.

8. @Blodeuwedd Yeah, I asked them about DF H and Leeke resin comparisons too, and they said the same thing about not having Leeke resin samples. A couple of years ago, someone sent me a picture of another companies resin color that was similar to DF H and compared it to Leekes, and the match was terrible. It's too bad because I really like DF H. I'd consider Popodoll, but I'm not a fan of how long the neck is. Right now, my Mihael is on a 69cm Fantasy Doll body, and that works fine.

9. @TwilightBabyDoll If you really want a DF-H body for your head, what you could do is take the head or head-cap into a paint store and match it against a paint swatch, and then mail that to DF-H or whoever you end up buying the body through.

10. @Cloudedmind I'll probably do that! I'm kind of hesitant about sending my doll's head-cap to DF-H only because I don't want to risk losing it. Thanks!

11. @Cloudedmind what a brilliant idea, thank you for sharing it! Would never have thought of that but it makes perfect sense.

@TwilightBabyDoll so frustrating isn’t it but it’s good you at least have something for just now.

@mollym excellent, always good to hear from people who have these bodies.

As it happens it’s probably just as well they didn’t have a general Leeke resin sample as it still may not have matched. I was fortunate enough to snag a Mihael with Leeke body on the marketplace recently with the intent of using it for the Rihael head and then getting the larger body for the Mihael head but my Rihael head is very pale in comparison. Looks like he’s going to have to wait even longer before getting a faceup.

12. Finally got around to giving the poor Rihael head I purchased from a fellow member a face.

[​IMG]Connor (Leeke Rihael) by Ali MacTavish-Riach, on Flickr

He's on a Popodoll 66cm body. The resin isn't a perfect match as the Leeke head is over 6 years old and yellower in shade but during his faceup I used a pale pink flesh tone to bring it closer.
      I've named him Connor, not something I would normally have chosen but once he had his wig on the sly heavy lidded look he had reminded me of of a char from a TV show.

13. I just came from your gallery post. I love how you gave this classic but also complicated face (Leeke was good at those!^^) such a fresh, new and glowing look. Personally the resin colour difference wouldn't bother me because it is a very natural look if the face is actually a bit heavier/ differently coloured than the neck, it's just normal.

14. Aww bless you @Mandagore, I’m glad you like him and you are so right about those very under appreciated sculpts (I just saw your post too lol). I can honestly say I did struggle a bit with ideas for his faceup initially until I found references that suited his features. He still didn’t go quite to plan but then again faceups rarely do for me, they tend to develop themselves as I progress.
      I love the boys (Rihael and Mihael), they’re such unique sculpts and am just happy to be able to breathe life again into the ones I adopted. Going to start redoing the faceup on the Mihael I got soon. He’s very yellowed, evenly though, and a bit floppy but other than that he was well looked after.

on a different note I now have that KLF song going round in my head thanks to your avatar pic lol

15. :wiggle There are surely worse songs to have on heavy rotation in your head, but thanks to this I'm back in MuMu Land as well!^^

Oh, I would love to see what you do with Mihael if you get round to it. He is even a tiny bit more complicated than Rihael I feel, but I love his face as well. Just a perfect mixture of quirkiness and beauty. I lack your talents, of course, but I still treasure mine anyway. He's yellowed too, but not in a distracting manner, I think. Some time in his career he has changed bodies and is on an old Dollstown 15 body now, which is a good fit. These two sculpts can express so many different things, but as you said, not easy to paint.

16. Hello everyone!
      I am trying to find a body for my Leekeworld Min head, i believe he is in "Normal" resin tone.
      Recently, i have been considering getting a Resinsoul body, but i am open to other suggestions/ experiences.
      What are some bodies you all have used/ are using for your leekeworld heads?
      Thank you! :)

17. Hi, I'm trying to find a mature body for my Leeke Joshua head. Is anyone have a pictures hybrid Leeke L head on Dollstown 17yr or 18yr body, or any brand of 68 to 72cm male body? Thank you!!

18. Hello Everyone!
      I am trying to Rebody my Leekeworl Min head and i am interested in the 66cm Akagi Doll Body.
      Does anyone have this hybrid or know anything that might be useful?
      Thank you in advance. :)