1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Leekeworld L-Type Boys Discussion - Part 2

Dec 18, 2013

1. it's actually clear today and I got some posing pics earlier. Just about to step out and get some outdoor portraits. planning on posting this evening after I get them processed in PS. :)

I was wondering though, does anyone know if the Iple NS still matches the Leeke Basic? It looks like earlier on the thread, there's some good matches between iple and leek a few years ago, but i'm looking around now and it sounds like iple has a slight pink hue, while the Leek seems pretty much beige/pale yellow/creamy egg custard color

i'm thinking of getting a pair of iple option hands to as alternates. I looks like the wrist measurement on the EID guys is the same the Solid Muscle, at least in theory. The detail is actually pretty fantastic on the Leeke hands, but the Rihael head is gentle and young looking, so I'd like to match him with some smoother hands.

2. @Lirin If you can't find an answer, if you're up for some modding you could also just sand the hands down for a younger/gentler look. Cennie did that with a pair of April Story hands April Story SD Boy & Girl Dolls - Part 2 (Post #506).

3. to anyone familiar with the leekeworld site, i need some help! I just placed an order but i goofed up my address. when i try to change it on the basic info section it keeps telling me my password is wrong. whats more, I wrote to them on the Q/A board but my message isnt showing up. does it take a while for questions to load on this board or should i repost @_@?

4. I had trouble with the password as well, it turned out to need to be between 4 and 8 characters, no longer or it won't work. Even though it worked when i signed up, my longer than 8 character password wouldn't go through and I had to make up something else. I don't know if this is you're issue, but you may have to change it.

@Cloudedmind I have the album of reference pictures up at last! the light still wasn't great, but I think it's clear enough to tell what's up :) they're here on flickr

5. @Lirin Thanks you for the pictures. I hadn't realized the body was single jointed, but that's not really a problem for me. But the site under their frequently asked questions section says the neck circumference is 11cm, but there seems to be some gaping with the Rihael head. Any idea what the actual size of the neck might be?

6. @Cloudedmind Measuring with one of those coated cloth sewing tapes, the neck looks to be about 10.25-10.75 cm depending on what angle i hold the tape. The top of the neck tapers into the head a little. Around the part where it actually meets the bottom of the head, it's the 10.5 to 10.75 range. A little smaller than marked, yeah. I'd say 10.5 is the most accurate measurement to be safe.

However the visible gapping seems to come from the Rihael head sculpt issues. It fits the neck side to side perfectly. But they made the neck hole a pretty long oval, maybe thinking that would allow better range of motion. It doesn't. Maybe because of how the s hook sits in the head, i don't know. Mostly it just gaps at the back.

#146 Lirin, Nov 4, 2016
      Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    7. AH! i bet this is it. thanks!!!

8. got brave and reshaped the hands this morning. The adjustment is very slight, but I think it looks more natural. Just tried to bend the fingers together more and curl them down slightly for a less 'Halloween mummy on the prowl' look.
      [​IMG]reshaped hands by victorian ennui, on Flickr

9. Hi, I was wondering about the resin match with AprilStory or Migidoll, either NS or WS. I know Migidoll NS isn't a match at all with Leeke's NS, but I couldn't find any WS comparison between these companies...

10. I don't know what the WS are like from those other companies. But I had a Snow Skin Mikhaila from the first or second order period of them, and the white resin was completely, utterly colorless. No hue or undertone, and completely opaque. It matched Dollmore white resin really well. I don't know if they've changed the white since then, though, anyone know?

11. I'm not familiar with Dollmore white. the WS from this sale has the april story shiny but color is different - slightly pinkish - unfortunately, my AS doll is packed up for studio move. but here's migi type A white with leeke WS against white satin pillow. hope helps.
      [​IMG]

12. I realized I didn't share my completed Alex here yet.... after 6 years (how did that happen????) he's finally all modded, painted and assembled. Wardrobe not so much, but I'm okay with that for now lol.

[​IMG]30171142244_7edbc79b12_o_2 by victorian ennui, on Flickr

there's more picture of him (with an another secret girl) in the gallery, but I figured you guys would be more interested. I wonder if there are any other Leeke Alexes around these days.... July 2010 was a long time ago in the hobby.

13. @Lirin Thanks for the neck measurements! Congrats on finally getting your boy together.

@ATYL How old is your leekeworld WS head?

14. @ATYL OK, so new. I need a pinkish white body for my Rose white Waseon Switch head, and if the Leeke WS has a pink tint to it it might work.

15. Lirin he is so real) Now wate for new and new pictures of him)

16. Is there a list of companies with matching colours for Leekeworld? I just ordered myself a Mihael head and I'm having a hard time finding anything that show's any other company but Akagidoll/leekeworld hybrids. Thank you!

17. Hi guys,

Wow I really love seeing the photos that some of you have posted of your dolls here. They are all really interesting and beautiful!

After trying to sell my Rihael and Mihael since Feb 2009, I finally decided to keep them and turn them into full characters, but oh dear, I didn't realise that it could be quite challenging trying to find a body with matching resin tone for them, haha. So I've joined this thread hoping to learn more about them.

At the moment I've just got them on my Dollshe Freshkin "Old Hound" bodies but I'm looking for better options. If you're interested, I've got a few short videos on Instagram showing them on it:

Video of Mihael sitting down
      Video of Rihael sitting down
      Video of both standing up

Actually I kind of like the lankiness of the Dollshe bodies and that height and width of shoulder being about 15 cm really assist with proportions given the big size of these heads, but the neck can benefit with a little bit of shortening. Unfortunately Dollshe stopped making the bodies so I do not want to mod the necks as these bodies belong to my other heads already. Although both the Leeke boys were made in 2009 and at the same time, my Rihael is paler than Mihael. Rihael's skintone matches my Freshskin Dollshe body but the Mihael matches the Oriental skin better, just to make finding them new bodies that liiiitle bit more tricky.

In another thread: https://denofangels.com/threads/lee...ody-or-dollzone-b60-005.730155/#post-12073761 I've had some feedback regarding my original plan to use the Sadol body, but even if I like the wide 16 cm shoulder I think colour matching is going to give me grief. Has anyone here got a Sadol body that they can take a picture with their Leeke? Would love to see it if you do.

My second choice is the Dollzone either B60-005 body or their taller 70 cm one. If anyone has a Dollzone and Leeke, or even better, this combination, I'd love some feedback. How do you find the resin matching and also does the head look weird on the body?

Thanks so much for your help guys!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. @Lirin your Alex is so handsome! I think I must have missed this or I'm blind but may I ask what body you've got him on in the picture above?

@pandajo thank you for your recommendation regarding Akagi doll, I've never heard of this co before but wow I'm impressed with their 66 cm body, so sexy, just right gaaah... any chance i could see a shirtless front and side photo of your Chris on your Akagi body?

19. @helene my Alex and my dreaming Rihael share the Leeke Solid Muscle body i got in the sale. the color match is still great even though the Alex head is from 2010 and the body is brand new. the Alex head is a little bit darker, probably like your oriental-skin match head, but with faceup it's not noticeable (and darker anyway). The Leeke body is single jointed, which i didn't realize. I knew the knees were, but the company pics made it look like the elbows were 3-parters :/. He stands like a rock though and has a fantastic slouch, and is slim and lanky. The hands are too veiny imo, but they're okay, and I'm planning on getting some EID normal hands to see if they can work instead.

I have some reference photos of the body with the Rihael v2 head on my flickr here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/37357611@N07/albums/72157672476487434

I'm not sure how the resin match will work for you with dollzone, really. From what I hear, the new Dollzone white is a very pale ivory color which doesn't sound a lot like fresh skin. Dollshe fresh and DZ pink used to be kinda close-ish, which I figured out when I was trying to do a DIM hybrid, but I don't know how the new pink resin lines up. Have you considered spiritdoll? the normal would probably work well with the darker head, and I briefly had my alex on a friend's spirit doll proud body, and the size was nice -- but hers was the white resin so I can't say for sure. The white was a close match with the dollshe fresh Dollstown body i have though.

There's also the new Dollstown 17 boy body which might be good? It's not available right this second, AnjongHak is waiting on the first preorder to come in before putting it back up for sale with pictures of the final product, but it's smaller and slimmer than the giant 18 boy and has a three part body, and would be in dollshe resin colours.

resin matching is such a weird game. It's like trying to apply the commutative property to color samples, so many unknowns. this would be why it took me 6 years to put together my Alex, and in the end i just went with the company one despite its flaws @__@

I'm totally envious of your Rihael! He's been a grail dolls for a long time, and the dreaming version is cute, but... it's not quite the same thing lol. Someday i hope :). Both of their faceups are fantastic, too!