1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limhwa 43cm (Leda & Sujan) Discussion Part 1

Sep 22, 2010

1. Leda and the other Limhwa girls are going to be available through a new company called EOSdoll.

Also, JunkySpot will be their distributor (direct link to the Limhwa 43cm page).

Info here: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?449025

And new info on a European distributor: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?451929-European-Dealer-for-Limhwa-EOS-doll
      __________________________________________________________________________

Just starting a discussion thread for this girl to keep the News thread chat-free :aheartbea

I'll update this top post with detailed info as it becomes available.

[​IMG]

Links to images:

Pic 1
      Pic 2
      Pic 3
      Pic 4
      Pic 5

43cm Limhwa (Leda & Sujan) Measurements
      Height: 43cm (approx. 17")
      Eyes
      : 10mm
      Head:16.2cm (approx. 6.4")
      Bust:18.3cm (approx. 7.2")
      Waist:12.8cm (approx. 5")
      Hips:19.3cm (approx. 7.6")

In comparison, here are ChicLine (large bust female), MiniFee (active line female), MSD, and SD-Cute from Volks, and Unoa (large bust female)measurements...

Unoa Measurements

Height: 43cm (approx. 17")
      Eyes
      : 12mm
      Head: 18cm (approx. 7.1")
      Bust: 18cm (large bust) (approx. 7.1")
      Waist: 13cm (approx. 5.1")
      Hips: 20cm (approx. 7.9")

MiniFee Measurements (Active Line)
      Height: 41cm (approx. 16.1")
      Eyes
      : 14-16mm
      Head: 18.5cm (approx. 7.3")
      Bust: 18cm (approx. 7")
      Waist: 12cm (approx. 4.7")
      Hips: 19cm (approx. 7.5")

ChicLine Measurements
      Height: 37cm (approx. 14.6")
      Eyes
      : 6mm
      Head: 12cm (approx. 4.7")
      Bust: 16.7cm (approx. 6.6")
      Waist: 11cm (approx. 4.3")
      Hips: 17.5cm (approx. 6.9")

MSD Measurements
      Height: 42cm (approx. 16.5")
      Eyes
      Head: 19.5cm (approx. 7.7")
      Bust: 18.5cm (approx. 7.3")
      Waist: 15.3cm (approx. 6")
      Hips: 19cm (approx. 7.5")

SD-Cute Measurements
      Height: 42cm (approx. 16.5")
      Eyes
      Head: 18.5cm (approx. 7.3")
      Bust:
      Waist:
      Hips:

Lots more measurements for comparing: http://descendingtwilight.webs.com/bjd-measurements.html

--------------------------------------------

I am soooooo excited for this girl!

I've tried MSD and Unoa and they didn't work for me...and I've tried ToYou and Half-Elf from Limhwa and they didn't work either...so I'm pinning my hopes that this girl might finally be the perfect Limhwa and doll in this size who will want to stay in my house.

.....Mod Note...

Limhwa Leda (43cm) discussion Part 1:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/editpost.php?do=updatepost&postid=6895085

FAQ:
      Limho/Narin Comparison (Nudity) PLUS Yellowing and skin tone comparison
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5224468#post5224468

Limhwa Limho and Leda can be bought here:
      http://www.junkyspot.com/obindex.html

About Limho- a 44.5 cm size ball jointed doll (from Catrina)
      Eye size: 14 mm
      Size: 44.5cm
      head: 16.5cm (6.5 inches)
      neck circumference: 7.9cm
      shoulders until cuff: 13.4 cm
      chest: 18 cm
      waist circumference: 14cm
      torso circumference: 18.7cm
      thigh circumference: 11.3cm
      leg length: 22cm
      foot: 5.5cm

MONO BOY 44.5CM (from Junkyspot)
      * Height: 44.5 Cm
      * Head circumference: 16.5cm (Wig size 6.6)
      * Neck circumference: 7.9cm
      * Bust circumference: 18.0cm
      * Waist circumference: 11.3cm
      * Hips circumference: 18.7cm
      * Leg length (foot not included): 22cm
      * Arm length (sleeve): 13.4cm
      * Foot length: 5.5cm
      * Eyes: 10mm

LEDA GIRL 43.5CM (from Junkyspot)
      * Height: 43.5cm
      * Head circumference: 16.2cm(Wig size 6.5)
      * Bust circumference: 18.3cm
      * Waist circumference: 12.8cm
      * Hips circumference: 19.3cm

SUJAN GIRL 43.5CM (from Junkyspot)
      * Height: 43.5cm
      * Head circumference: 16.2cm (Wig size 6.5)
      * Bust circumference: 18.3cm
      * Waist circumference: 12.8cm
      * Hips circumference: 19.3cm

Limhwa Limho 44cm photo thread:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...imhwa-Limho-44cm-Photos&p=2034213#post2034213

Limhwa Limho 44.5cm Discussion Part 1:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...Limho-Discussion-Part-1&p=1095824#post1095824

2. Oh, definitely! Limhwa's faces are just great...this one is like a slightly miniature version of the half-elf from what you can see in these pix.

ToYou just didn't work for me because of her small size and Half-Elf was a bit "too" mature next to my beloved SD10s, so I'm really happy to see this new 43cm size and have high hopes she'll stick around here.

What I am LOVING are the legs...super posable and really nice jointing. And high heeled feet are just plain fun imho. And from this pic it looks like she might have really neat "double" jointing in her arms too.

She reminds me of FairyLand's C-Line and I can't wait to see how the measurements stack up to each other. Hopefully they can share some things.

3. My white ToYou was a super pale white without much color...a bit of yellow, but not much. My Half-Elf was normal tone, so photos of her wouldn't help.

[​IMG]

4. I also don't like peanut joints in knees as it makes knees look very unnatural, but with this design you can choose to leave the knee in a position as if it has a single jointed system and it almost looks the same as Limhwa's single jointed knee system. Should you want to use the full mobility of the peanut joint, you can still do that. :D

5. Which peanut joints force you to use them a different way?

DollsTown's Elf works as you describe, so that's what I'm used to, but I'm curious what else is out there.

Glad other people are excited about this girl!

I can't WAIT for details.

Twylight, I'm surprised too that she's not got a faceplate like all the other Limhwa's...I hadn't even noticed it til you mentioned!

6. I don't own many dolls with peanut joint knees, but in some cases which is seen with several peanut joint elbows, the rounding of the joint isn't smooth when the leg (or arm) is bend halfway (90 degree angle). Part of the joint may also protrude forward with some designs in an unsightly way (=my personal opinion), but other Limhwa's dolls have this nice locking system in the knees that when the legs are bend with an 90 degree angle they have a smooth look and it's nice to see that still appears to be the case with this new Limhwa girl.
      Functionally you can bend most peanut joint knees as if they are single jointed, but it does not always have to look like a single jointed system.

7. 43cm is my "perfect" bjd size! Love LEDA and hope to get her when available! I love my Limhwa Human and tiny SARA, but 43cm w/improved jointing and more "mature" over-all look sure has me excited!

8. I just love the face and body of this beautiful girl. Wonder when Limhwa plans to release her. She will be a perfect addition to my collection of their dolls. I love their white resin too.

9. I'm so on board! I thought I was halting my collecting for a while soon as well...but then Leda shows up ;)

I absolutely love my Limhwa Luna, so this girl is a no-brainer with the new joints! Now if only Limhwa will make the 57cm girls double jointed, I'd be in Heaven ^^

10. I am 98% sure she's my next doll. My Half Elf will just have to wait. :( She's just so... far beyond the stylized looks of other MSD's, I love that about her. I have had so many possibilities float through my head about her the last few weeks. (she just bumped my other MNF off the list O.O )

Do you think there's a way to get an extra set of hands with her? I'd love to sand down her nails on one set and then have an original set....or does Limhwa cast a doll complete?

11. Ack, there's a thread for her here, and I didn't see... Well, this girl is just adorable, I loved her face, it's very Jung Ji Youn style >w<

But what got most of my attention was the body. This body. *dies* OMG, HOW I WISH there was a similar body for the 57 girls! I loved how the artist worked with the joints, and in my opinion, they seem better thought than the single joints... And the sculpt is just crazy, how I love the Limhwa girls bodies. And I think it's really cool that she thought of the joints without making a hell lot of changes in the sculpt that could ruin this famous body. For me the sculpt is perfect, they only needed to improve the poseability...

Now I'm really really anxious to see a 57cm girl with double jointed body, featuring great poseability and this amazing sculpt they have. I would break when they released it, but I would buy it for sure for my half elf girl.

12. Any New Info...??? Anything...?

13. I bet we'll hear more after the last pre-ordered dolls are done...not sure when that'll be, but I'd imagine we will have to wait a bit longer.

14. :DJust thought that I would pop-in with an update here!!! I can't wait!!!

Have fun and take care!!!

:aheartbeaEJ

15. Oh how exciting! I hope they do an official announcement soon :)

16. That's great news! I don't think I've been this excited over a doll since the release of the ChibiUnoas :lol:

17. I don't see a link to Leda on the left though, so no ordering her during this order period?

I'll be gutted if we don't hear more soon...

Well, maybe that's overly dramatic...disappointed, there, that's better. Maybe I'll email Catrina directly and see if I can find anything out.

18. gothiclibrarian - Maybe they're just a bit late in udpating the page since Catrina still has the Narinmess to deal with? I know there has been some slight delays in orderingperiods before, so hopefully Leda is still going up in a couple of days.

19. she seems really cute!! :D

20. Hi everyone
      Ordering should start tonight (Thursday night).. I was hoping to start it last night, but got caught up in contacting all the current ordering period owners to reconfirm their addresses for direct shipment from Korea. And I got more Leda photos of the joints and shoes.

Prices are fantastic! Leda $300 minus/ $330 plus sets.. the extra high heeled feet and shoes are $40 a set.
      We'll be selling MONO and 57 cm girls at a discount for the holidays.

Thanks for your patience. I'm really excited for you to see all the photos very soon and see what you think!

Catrina