1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limhwa Limho 44.5cm Discussion Part 1

Sep 5, 2006

1. If it doesnt have elastic, they're too big.

2. ^_^ Thanks for answering my questions, but can someone measure around his upper and lower arm? Also his upper and lower leg, I don't want to make his clothing to small...I would be sad T.T

3. I'll see if I can get a picture but I strongly suggest the 10mm - the 10mm are perfect. The 12mm are too big and the iris takes up the majority of the eye socket.

4. Limhos are fantastic! They should wear 10mm and 11mm - 12mm take up the whole eye socket. They can wear any clothes that MNFs, Narins, and Unoa boys wear - although Limhos have longer torsos and legs - so some things are just too short.
      They're french resin so they won't match well with any urathane resins however they do match the pink white skin tone that is offered by Narindoll.

I love their torsos and face - those are my favorite parts of them. I dislike their funky nails - but that can easily be fixed with an exacto knife and sand paper.

And I love their height!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're heads actually fit nicely on the Narin bodies - Velcrotrainer (Linda) here on the DoA has a Narin head on a Limho body.

5. Any excuse to pimp Eamon... ^_^

[​IMG]

(Full size version of avatar.)

6. Star - I wanna see those pictures!!!

Also, here's Bisbee, my normal beige urethane Limho. He's wearing 10mm eyes from Ginarolo, a wig from Dollfair.com and Mio clothes.

[​IMG]

7. Does anyone know where I can find a pair of jeans that FIT a limho...and by fit I mean, actually fit tight as opposed to baggy lol I've been told they can wear mnf clothes, but I HAVE a mnf and everything that fits him like a glove is at least a 1/4 inch too big in the waist on my limho! Any help greatly appreciated!

8. Thanks! The entire outfit is Mio and the vans are from releaserain on Ebay. There is a huge selection of Vans now in all kinds of colors and patterns! I must buy more! It's very exciting! :D

Here's Bisbee - he's my Urethane Normal Beige. The resin is beautiful, very creamy and soft.

[​IMG]

Wig - Narindoll red fur wig
      Eyes - Ginarolo (here on the DoA) 10mm steel blue grey with green ring
      Sweater & Hat - Another space (ordered from Dollmore)
      Shirt - Mio

I recomend eyes from Ginarolo - she's great to order from and the eyes are fantastic.
      Also if you're willing to wait and spend the extra money, there are Gumdrops (urethane) which are just absolutely fantastic.
      Congratulations on your new boy!!!! :D

9. Hey guys! I was wondering if someone could give me a few measurements not found on size charts. I'm going to attempt to make him some clothes before he gets here. My fingers have been itching to do something for him. ^^ I will love you forever! Here's an image I took from the site and drew in lines of lengths I'm looking for specifically.

[​IMG]

It's really straightforward.

Red - Width from shoulder to shoulder
      Purple - Circumference/opening size around the arm where the shoulder connects
      Blue - Top of shoulder to crotch
      Green - Top of hip (just right under his belly button) to floor/bottom of his foot.

I know I should probably wait til he gets here since I'm going to be flying blind attempting this. However, I got some freetime on my hands until next month. And since I know I'm going to have to go through the whole "trial and error" process, I might as well.

Thanks to all who can help me out with this! :love

10. [​IMG]
      Here's Quentin, my 43cm pinky-white French resin Mono boy. He works fantastically with Josette, my Narae.

11. Limho gets some OrangeBabyDolly rings: [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      He's wearing two different sizes, a thin 1.7 in bezel wire; thick in 1.7 regular
      My BFF, Gitanna, sent me flowers for Easter--so I sent her copies of these pics. Maybe a potential new Limho owner???

12. Some resin BJDs are regular urethane and some are French Resin. I think French Resin is just a more expensive and more translucent form of urethane (can also be more prone to yellowing). So even though I think they are both urethane resin, ones that are French Resin usually say they are, and the others say urethane or just "resin" (or say nothing at all).

Carolyn

13. Anything Narin fits, some of the friends 2b made things(although short). Lindsasy's corner makes lovely things as does Brennil of Her Delicate Strength. Some Tonner from the Harry Potter will fit.

14. The tile says it all, I don't want to have a yellowed doll!

15. I don't think that the limho is protected with a resin anti uv. When I have got mine, there was a word saying to protect against the sun.

16. If you are worried about the French resin, please purchase one in normal beige. It's a pinkish beige urethane, and a bit stronger against color changes. But all resins will yellow eventually.

Catrina

17. yellowed French resin isnt as bad as some people make-it out to be, I cast all my hand-cast dolls in the same brand as used by Babicrony and after over a year of repeated exposure to sun sand dirt air etc... my white skin is only has palest tint of yellow and its really quite appealing. They dont turn into bananas if thats what you're worried about :)

18. Can someone tell me about the boys knees and elbows? Can they sit on their kneels in a kneeling position? I've been in love with the Mono since I saw him, but he's in a running race against time and money for Christmas, I just want to make sure he's definitely the one I want!