1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limhwa Limho 44.5cm Discussion Part 1

Sep 5, 2006

1. Does Junkyspot restock often? I really want a Mono in the future, but they're out of stock. :(

2. Thank you so much. I'm really pleased with the way he has turned out. My daughter made his wig and I love it !

3. [MENTION=27564]samson[/MENTION] He is stunning! That wig :D
      [MENTION=2941]Rinoa[/MENTION] I'd maybe e-mail him? I got my second guy when I mailed him and he ordered him with his next order with Lihmwa.

4. Thank you so much x

5. Ooh lovely :) I just found out about Limhwa in general, and I'm falling in love with a couple of their sculpts... It's super confusing to find what they are offering though :/

I like Mono a lot. I'm always on the lookout for slim male dolls. Mono's a little on the adolescent side for me, but I might still be interested... What do you guys think, can he be done up to look older?

6. Hi,

I personnally think it would be difficult to make him look much older, because of his face which is really between a boy and a man with still some (cute) roundness on the cheeks ^^ I saw once a Limho Mono with carved cheeks, he looked a bit less childish. If I 'd have to give an age to mine, I' d say early 20s or something...

@samson it's funny because I take quite the same picture as yours above a few weeks ago

So here's another one of my Limho Mono

[​IMG]

7. I would love to see yours, though I think your photography skills far out way mine ! I love that shot of your Mono, hes so cool !

8. Lovely photo, his pose is very lifelike!

Hmmm, yeah round cheeks for sure; but actually I think the biggest thing that makes him look young is the big eyes. Guess those are both pretty hard to change :P I've never tried carving resin before; that sounds pretty scary.

Yeah, this little guy's sweet, but I think he might be a pass for me.

9. @ samson Here it is ^^ Thanks for the compliment but on't underestimate yourself, your picture is lovely and your boy too. It's funny because despite having the "same" doll, making the same pose, our pictures have a very different feel. Yours feel warm and sunny, and mine perhaps cold and moody...

[​IMG]

@Marjie yes you're absolutely right about the eyes! I personally wouldn't try carving my doll... you could try sanding but I assume it would be a very long process!
      If you like more mature MSD, have you look at Lumedoll ? They have some pretty ones, I really like "Rischa" .

10. [MENTION=44331]Poulette[/MENTION] love your guy! Esp. his bracelets are awesome XD

As for Limho looking mature... I think it is possible? Both my guys are older adults and while you could say that Varekai does look more innocent and younger, I think Rajko pulls off the older adult look. But that might be his tattoo XD

[​IMG]

11. Your guy indeed does not look so innocent and not childish! The faceup has something to do with it for sure! A good faceup can really change the look of a doll! Mine has the default face up which is very soft.
      It's funny because mine used to have short hair too but it definitely doesn't make him more mature (quite the contrary?) unlike your guy!

Great guys and pictures by the way...(are they supposed to be brothers?)

12. @Poulette yes, my guys are supposed to be (half)brothers - needed an excuse to get a second Mono XD Reminds me that I dragged poor Varekai with me last Saturday on a meet - we are back with the horns.

[​IMG]

13. Aww thank you - and I see exactly what you mean. Your photo is lovely, your guy is so moody looking - love him !

Your boys are amazing ! I must admit though, Ive not seen a single Mono Ive not loved !

14. No, I hadn't heard of Lumedoll actually, thanks for the suggestion! I do like some of those faces, but the bodies just don't compare to Limhwa's, which is a lot of the reason I'm interested in Mono.

I'm not looking for a mature mini so much as I'm looking for mature slender males, but the slender male bodies are all minis and look like children. So far I've found some bodies I like and some faces I like, but not often on the same doll. Maybe this means I should look into hybriding... I guess with that in mind I could get a Mono and try to get him looking older, then get him a different head if I can't manage it.

15. OMG! Your Monos are so awesome and sexy, I love them! I got mine since months but I forget share with you, sorry! I sanded a bit his lips and eyes also his nails (too girly to me) by myself, it's my first mod :p I ordered thro junkyspot, but my faceplate came broken but they sent me a replacement very quickly. Sometimes it falls but I added some eyeputty for secure...
      Well, here's Hans without his eyes or wig but still lovely ^_^
      [​IMG]

16. Hi!
      He's cool, I like the white hair!!

17. [MENTION=58457]DreamSight[/MENTION] - oooh hes so lovely ! I agree with Poulette, I like his white hair

18. I REALLY want a Mono!!! I hope junkyspot gets some tan ones in soon!!

19. I usually just lurk on this thread, but seeing the parade of pretty Mono's inspired me to post mine. I got him from Junkyspot as well, and I adore him.

[​IMG]

The more Mono's the better in my opinion!

20. Finally have some kinda nice photos of my tan mono, Elias~

“What? I’m just putting on my shoes…”

[​IMG]